Fans memorial for Big Mal before the Arsenal Game

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Fans memorial for Big Mal before the Arsenal Game

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:04 pm

Shame they wont be also doing something tomorrow night as well. I was expecting at least a minutes silence or applause tomorrow.

Malcolm Allison’s life will be celebrated and commemorated before the game against Arsenal on Sunday afternoon with a Fans’ memorial service.

This will be conducted by City club Chaplain Chris Howitz and will be held in City Square.

Several of Allison’s former players will be in attendance and there will be readings from former skipper and manager Tony Book and Club Ambassador Mike Summerbee.

A special stage will be erected for the event and there will be a book of remembrance for fans to sign.

City Square will open at 1pm with the celebration beginning at 1.45pm and due to last around 30 minutes.

The match day programme will dedicated to Allison’s memory and legacy to the Blues and there will be a minute’s applause before the kick off against the Gunners
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Fans memorial for Big Mal before the Arsenal Game

Postby King Kev » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:44 am

A classy touch by the club. I doubt I will be there early enough but will certainly go and pay my respects if I am.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:49 am

Wonderwall wrote:Shame they wont be also doing something tomorrow night as well. I was expecting at least a minutes silence or applause tomorrow.

There'll be quite a lot of Poles there tonight who'll probably be going to their first football match, and therefore might not respect the silence (before someone says something, this is NOTHING to do with them being Polish, but all to do with them not understanding how a minute's silence works).

Or it's UEFA regulations of some kind or another, in line with tv rights.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby King Kev » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:07 am

There will be things in place tonigh for Big Mal. Such as a tribute to him being shown on the scoreboard and his family being introduced to the crowd.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum