Implications, Implications, Implications!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Implications, Implications, Implications!

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:19 pm

You all know me, I don't like to gloat about the other clubs situation (;-)), but I can see this statement having far reaching implications for our near Manchester neighbours.

So, what are the implications of Rooney's comments?

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
Wayne Rooney has confirmed he wants to leave Manchester United.

"I met with David Gill last week and he did not give me any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad.

"I then told him that I would not be signing a new contract.

"I was interested to hear what Sir Alex had to say yesterday and surprised by some of it.

"It is absolutely true, as he said, that my agent and I have had a number of meetings with the club about a new contract. During those meetings in August I asked for assurances about the continued ability of the club to attract the top players in the world.

"I have never had anything but complete respect for MUFC. How could I not have done given its fantastic history and especially the last six years in which I have been lucky to play a part?

"For me its all about winning trophies - as the club has always done under Sir Alex. Because of that I think the questions I was asking were justified.

"Despite recent difficulties, I know I will always owe Sir Alex Ferguson a huge debt. He is a great manager and mentor who has helped and supported me from the day he signed me from Everton when I was only 18.

"For Manchester United's sake I wish he could go on forever because he's a one off and a genius."

Cheers Mark.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Implications, Implications, Implications!

Postby mr_nool » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:25 pm

I'm loving it. OK, the writing was already on the wall, but this is one sure sign of United's demise.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:28 pm

That makes it official. They're fucked. All hail the Glazers.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:30 pm

mr_nool wrote:I'm loving it. OK, the writing was already on the wall, but this is one sure sign of United's demise.

My step-son's gone to the match tonight and I've asked him to take some footage of any protests as I reckon there'll be plenty. Even they must see the writing on the wall?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:33 pm

Will there be any G&G tonight as there were plenty of sellers there rubbing their hands when I picked the tickets up at 12ish?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:36 pm

What the thick twats don't realise is that it's Ferguson who is keeping the Glazers in power, hence it's his fault Rooney is going. If he turned against them, all the sheep would join in & the Glazers would have to sell.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:43 pm

The thing is, that statement actually states that they will no longer be fighting for the prizes they are so used to winning. How many of them 'Glory Cunters' will want to buy the shirt or go to the match knowing they are no longer top dogs; reflected glory and all that?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:43 pm

Implications, that they cant support their lifestyle.. Over to the Glazers.

Consequences.. Shit hits the fans and the fans throw it back. Big row.. in public, in the press. Meanwhile their players look at each other and think dark thoughts and wonder.
After that it is anyone's guess.. perhaps Scouce1 fans would best qualified to answer that one.
Personally i still think they are in with a shout of a Europa slot.

Other consequences will be the sudden rise in the number of cleaners seen in Singapore using red rags to clean with.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby BobKowalski » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:44 pm

mr_nool wrote:I'm loving it. OK, the writing was already on the wall, but this is one sure sign of United's demise.

The writing is on the wall although most, including the media, seem to be in denial of the blindingly obvious...but when their best player comes out and spray paints 'this squad is shite and I'm off' on the walls of the Theatre of Debt the implication is fucking huge. Rooney has just said that the manu squad is not good enough to compete for the top honours and if you take Rooney out of that squad, irrespective of what most on here think about Rooney, what does that say about the squad that is left? Is it good enough for a top 4 slot for example?

Psychologically it harms not only the self belief of the remaining squad but it boosts the moral of teams facing them; after all no Rooney in the team and Rooney thinks they ain't good enough so what's to fear. And instilling fear is half the battle won when going into matches if you are manu.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:44 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:What the thick twats don't realise is that it's Ferguson who is keeping the Glazers in power, hence it's his fault Rooney is going. If he turned against them, all the sheep would join in & the Glazers would have to sell.

Marry that to the fact it's pretty much his fault the Glazers are there in the first place (remember McManus, Magnier and Rock of Gibraltar?), and you can pretty much lay the current crisis at bacon's piss-sodden feet.

Not that any of the braindead cunts will.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:47 pm

Questions, questions, questions ;-)

Will this be the death of Taggart and the empire he has built and demolished?

Ooooooooh, it's never ending.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:49 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:What the thick twats don't realise is that it's Ferguson who is keeping the Glazers in power, hence it's his fault Rooney is going. If he turned against them, all the sheep would join in & the Glazers would have to sell.

Marry that to the fact it's pretty much his fault the Glazers are there in the first place (remember McManus, Magnier and Rock of Gibraltar?), and you can pretty much lay the current crisis at bacon's piss-sodden feet.

If I can leave this earth with one memory, it will be that United's empire was ruined by a a row about a cup of horse jizz.

I have to say, that, one day will wind the red fuckers up so much, especially when they come round to admitting that it is ALL Fergie;s fault.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:51 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:

If I can leave this earth with one memory, it will be that United's empire was ruined by a a row about a cup of horse jizz.

I have to say, that, one day will wind the red fuckers up so much, especially when they come round to admitting that it is ALL Fergie;s fault.

But will they know thier history?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:55 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:

I hope we will drill it into them for decades now.

For the Derby, and the foreseeable future, I expect to hear rousing renditions of:

One cup of horse Jizz,
There's only one cup of horse Jizz

It will take them years to work that one out
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:00 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:

I hope we will drill it into them for decades now.

For the Derby, and the foreseeable future, I expect to hear rousing renditions of:

One cup of horse Jizz,
There's only one cup of horse Jizz

It will take them years to work that one out

Brilliant, 'You're Just A team Full of Horse Jizz....Team Full of Horse Jizzzzzzzzzzz

Can't see it catching on though ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john68 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:26 am

FFS...The writing isn't just on the wall...it's been there for fucking years. I can understand the rags not seeing the warnings as many are illiterate and the rest can't understand English...But you lot are either slow readers or you are unable to identify the genius I have, when it breaks loose from the senility.....Anyway....

...The rags have been crack ready to fall through for about three seasons. Year 1, the Trannie scored a shed load and the cracks got papered over. Year 2, the Trannie came back after injury and baled them out again...Last year, it was Shrek that wielded a lump of pollyfilla and they survived again. Without the Trannie and Shrek in the last 3 seasons, they would have been nowt more than an ordinary side. How often di they play crap and get away with it. They said playing bad and winning was a good thing...Like bollox...Playing bad is still playing bad...They just couldn't admit to themselves that they were shite.

So now the rags are finally smelling the coffee...but that's only because it's been poured over their heads and squirted up their noses. They are fucked...end of...no ifs...no buts...THEY ARE FUCKED!!!

Shrek was their final lucky mascot, their last icon to hold up to the World...Now he's snapped the charm bracelet and fell off, they are left with only scrap value.

The have no money to regenerate their squad...Spiv said that the power is shifting...Too late mate...It shifted a long time ago...it just took a bit of time for some to realise it.

Think about it...You are a young talented World class player...The rags can't compete in the transfer market for you, The rags can't compete in the wages department for you, The rags can't supply a decent squad for you to play with, The rags are unable to replace what they have in order to retain their status...WOULD YOU SIGN???? WOULD YOU FUCK!!!

THIS IS A HISTORIC TIME, IT IS THE TURNING POINT, WHEN THE WORLD CAN PLAINLY SEE WHAT WE HAVE BEEN TELLING THEM FOR YEARS...THE RAGS ARE SHITE....maybe they should have listened.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby City1970 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:49 am

john68 wrote:FFS...The writing isn't just on the wall...it's been there for fucking years. I can understand the rags not seeing the warnings as many are illiterate and the rest can't understand English...But you lot are either slow readers or you are unable to identify the genius I have, when it breaks loose from the senility.....Anyway....

...The rags have been crack ready to fall through for about three seasons. Year 1, the Trannie scored a shed load and the cracks got papered over. Year 2, the Trannie came back after injury and baled them out again...Last year, it was Shrek that wielded a lump of pollyfilla and they survived again. Without the Trannie and Shrek in the last 3 seasons, they would have been nowt more than an ordinary side. How often di they play crap and get away with it. They said playing bad and winning was a good thing...Like bollox...Playing bad is still playing bad...They just couldn't admit to themselves that they were shite.

So now the rags are finally smelling the coffee...but that's only because it's been poured over their heads and squirted up their noses. They are fucked...end of...no ifs...no buts...THEY ARE FUCKED!!!

Shrek was their final lucky mascot, their last icon to hold up to the World...Now he's snapped the charm bracelet and fell off, they are left with only scrap value.

The have no money to regenerate their squad...Spiv said that the power is shifting...Too late mate...It shifted a long time ago...it just took a bit of time for some to realise it.

Think about it...You are a young talented World class player...The rags can't compete in the transfer market for you, The rags can't compete in the wages department for you, The rags can't supply a decent squad for you to play with, The rags are unable to replace what they have in order to retain their status...WOULD YOU SIGN???? WOULD YOU FUCK!!!

THIS IS A HISTORIC TIME, IT IS THE TURNING POINT, WHEN THE WORLD CAN PLAINLY SEE WHAT WE HAVE BEEN TELLING THEM FOR YEARS...THE RAGS ARE SHITE....maybe they should have listened.

Excellent post, and spot on. Also helps its very funny as well.

I have been looking forward to the end of the evil empire, since the start of the Premiership, and its been a hell of a long wait.

Empires will always rise and fall, but watching the rags crash and burn has been funnier than most.
City1970
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Err...guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Return to The Maine Football forum