Tevez may play Thursday night

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Tevez may play Thursday night

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:12 am

Just 1 up top is my expectation tonight
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:04 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Just 1 up top is my expectation tonight

Would that 1 up top be Ade mate?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:40 am

Beefymcfc wrote:

Pretty much has to be i think. If Jo is good to go we may get 2 up front, obviously Doug thinks that is not likely, but maybe training today will shed more light.

If it is just Ade up front and we can get enough forward thinking mids on ( two wide men ) then we should still be ok. This game might suit Ade just as he is sharpening up.. anyway i hope so.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:35 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Pretty much has to be i think. If Jo is good to go we may get 2 up front, obviously Doug thinks that is not likely, but maybe training today will shed more light.

If it is just Ade up front and we can get enough forward thinking mids on ( two wide men ) then we should still be ok. This game might suit Ade just as he is sharpening up.. anyway i hope so.

I didn't do training today even if it did happen as it would be a non event but so far this week Ade has been up top with Silva playing off him. SWP and AJ as the wide players with Patrick and Nigel in the middle
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:56 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I didn't do training today even if it did happen as it would be a non event but so far this week Ade has been up top with Silva playing off him. SWP and AJ as the wide players with Patrick and Nigel in the middle

So Doug, Silva has been doing Tevez impressions all week has he. Will be interesting to see, especially as he scored such a cracker to settle himself down.
I thought SWP would get a shout this time, pleased about that.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby steveo_88 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:58 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Please God not Patrick again! To score you have to at least keep hold of the ball and this guy is incapable of doing it I'd rather have Etuhu in midfield.
South Stand Blue

steveo_88
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Jesus Navas
My favourite player is: Eyal Berkovic

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:08 pm

i have given my fair share of criticism of PV... didn't want him in the 25. However the only saving grace that he has is when he knows he is not playing so effectively he at least tries once or twice to engineer a goal, by storming forward or looking for a killer assist. So even if he is a passenger you can expect him to try and set something up to compensate for that.
If he is really cocking it up Bobby will haul him off.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby steveo_88 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:23 pm

brite blu sky wrote:i have given my fair share of criticism of PV... didn't want him in the 25. However the only saving grace that he has is when he knows he is not playing so effectively he at least tries once or twice to engineer a goal, by storming forward or looking for a killer assist. So even if he is a passenger you can expect him to try and set something up to compensate for that.

If he is really cocking it up Bobby will haul him off

The problem with Mancini he will not replace him straight away he will let things drift on and on. Vieira for Mancini is that one player who in the manager's eye's can do no wrong. If De Jong had played as badly in Vieira's place against Juve he would not be playing tonight! That's why IMO you should give one kid a run out, ok he might make a few mistakes but no more than Vieira and it's invaluable experience for the lad alongside four Prem quality players.
South Stand Blue

steveo_88
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Jesus Navas
My favourite player is: Eyal Berkovic

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:33 pm

Not sure he can do no wrong in Bobby's eyes.. he has hauled him before. But as i say PV will always try to make up for being crap by trying to force a goal. I cant get into an argument about PV as i think he is a waste of a place in the 25, im just trying to see the few positives that exist. If he manages to hold his own tonight and not get skinned, lose possession, get carded, get bypassed.. etc etc then he will have done a job and saved someone else's legs for Sunday. That is the only way i can justify him being anywhere near the team.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:10 pm

I'm not a fan of Vieira but to be fair he has created one way or another a few goals for us! And like previous poster said, he'll save someone elses legs for Sunday.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum