Tevez may play Thursday night

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tevez may play Thursday night

Postby mcfctm » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:57 am

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Europa-Leagu ... ech-Poznan

Carlos Tevez may not be rested against Lech Poznan as Roberto Mancini weighs up his options for Thursday night's Europa League tie.

The manager had previously expressed his wish to give the Blues skipper some time off, but a combination of injuries and constraints from rulings over the make-up of the squad mean that the Argentinean may have to play.

Roque Santa Cruz cannot play as he was omitted from the squad City submitted for this competition, but Mario Balotelli is still unavailable and there is a slight concern over Jo, leaving the manager with fewer options than he would like.

"We must see if Jo will be available, but most of the others are OK. Only Mario and Kolarov are out, but probably are fine for the next game. Kolo is not available either for Poznan," he declared.

"I will only decide on whether I rest Carlos after training tomorrow. We will probably make changes because after the Europa League game we only have just over two days to recover for Arsenal, so we will make changes because of that. But we want to win on Thursday, it's an important game for us."

Emmanuel Adebayor has yet to score this season, but Mancini is pleased with the striker who has had to contend with his own injury problems in the opening weeks of the season.

"I am happy with Manu," added the boss. "At the moment we only have Manu, Carlos and Jo to choose from because Roque is not on the list for European games. We will have to wait to see if Jo recovers, but I was happy with the way Manu played at Blackpool."

City and Lech Poznan have a win and a draw for their opening two games, and with the Polish side a touch unlucky not to have come away from Turin with only a point against Juventus, Mancini is well aware the dangers they pose.

"We must concentrate on this game, because Poznan is a good side who played well against Juventus. They are a good football side, and we will have to play at our best," he said. "The Europa League is an important competition and we want to win trophies, there is a good chance to get to the final but we must focus. If we win tomorrow, we will give ourselves a good chance of getting into the next round."
mcfctm
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Re: Tevez may play Thursday night

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:37 pm

Not sure about this, but i would say that regular logic says that you would start with your best players and key matchwinners and try to get a lead early doors, then substitute and rest them. However Mancini seems very often to take the opposing tactic of playing tight and seeing how it goes, then if things haven't gone to plan but the opposition are tiring, bring in some players to change the game. Obviously he is fortunate that we have such players.

Bottom line is it is difficult to call what he will do.. ie which way round he would play it.

Further question from that.. Are we seeing in that a basic Mancini tactic ?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby ryanmjo » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:46 pm

This is the quote I'm most excited about from all of that.

"Only Mario and Kolarov are out, but probably are fine for the next game. "

Does that mean we could see both on Sunday?
ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:50 pm

ryanmjo wrote:This is the quote I'm most excited about from all of that.

"Only Mario and Kolarov are out, but probably are fine for the next game. "

Does that mean we could see both on Sunday?

Sounds like it
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby dazby » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:57 pm

Gotta give Jo a start. Tevez can come off the bench if required.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby bluelogic32 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:07 pm

dazby wrote:Gotta give Jo a start. Tevez can come off the bench if required.

Jo is questionable though and it was suppose to be decided sometime today if he was able to play or not, i hope he is able to start, tevez needs it
My logic always stays blue, i live in my dreams cause i know it always come's true

Spread The Logic
bluelogic32
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Pablo & David

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:10 pm

Best XI please. We've already tossed one chance away, let's not do it again. Carlito can rest once we've qualified.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby dazby » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:17 pm

Come on lads, let's face it. Sunday is waaaaaaay more important than Thursday. Best team Sunday. We should be able to handle them with the rest on Thursday.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:38 pm

i thought Mario was going to be out until December or something? it sounds like he could play at the weekend? that makes no sense, does it? i would rest Tevez Thursday no matter what...we need him vs the Arse in top form. If Jo can't play then play Ade up top by hisself with Silva in the hole on Thursday...plenty of midfield options to do that with, right?

Doug H? get on it son...what's the training scoop. i haven't been paying attention to your threads this week.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:48 pm

dazby wrote:Come on lads, let's face it. Sunday is waaaaaaay more important than Thursday. Best team Sunday. We should be able to handle them with the rest on Thursday.

I think you have too many aaaa in the way there dazzler.

Both matches are very important. Arse because we can maintain the pressure on Chelsea while putting the Goons in their place.. and when it come to the big prize of a shot at the title.. then you'd have to say it is a big game. The counter logic is that all Prem games are big games, so by that token if we make a meal of it v Poznan and end up having to fight for qualification later on, then there will still be prem games to deal with the weekends after each Euro battle.. two of which are away games.

We have to nail Poznan.. and then we have to nail Arsenal two days later. Imo a few of the squad are going to have to work their little socks off in both games.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:56 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:i thought Mario was going to be out until December or something? it sounds like he could play at the weekend? that makes no sense, does it? i would rest Tevez Thursday no matter what...we need him vs the Arse in top form. If Jo can't play then play Ade up top by hisself with Silva in the hole on Thursday...plenty of midfield options to do that with, right?

Doug H? get on it son...what's the training scoop. i haven't been paying attention to your threads this week.

cheers

Not been paying attention!!!!! Detention for you and a punishment visit to the swamp.

I would be very surprised if Tevez plays based on what I have seen. Jo was in full training today although he missed yesterday. Mancini is just playing games unless he gets worried that the 11 I saw can't actually do the business.

Kolarov for me is ready but it is sensible to leave it another few days to be really sure. Mario has been training fully all this week but I can't see he is ready yet.I would have expected another week but maybe he will be on the bench for the Arse.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:20 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:i thought Mario was going to be out until December or something? it sounds like he could play at the weekend? that makes no sense, does it? i would rest Tevez Thursday no matter what...we need him vs the Arse in top form. If Jo can't play then play Ade up top by hisself with Silva in the hole on Thursday...plenty of midfield options to do that with, right?

cheers

Not been paying attention!!!!! Detention for you and a punishment visit to the swamp.

I would be very surprised if Tevez plays based on what I have seen. Jo was in full training today although he missed yesterday. Mancini is just playing games unless he gets worried that the 11 I saw can't actually do the business.

Kolarov for me is ready but it is sensible to leave it another few days to be really sure. Mario has been training fully all this week but I can't see he is ready yet.I would have expected another week but maybe he will be on the bench for the Arse.

Sounds like Uncle Carlos will be on the bench then.

Ade and Jo up front.. two wide men to ping in crosses and try and hit Jo as he falls over.. one eventually will spill to Ade and bounce of him into the net as he also fall over.

could be fun!
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby john@staustell » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:28 pm

You're a likeable character Daz, but slightly unhinged clearly.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby dazby » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:59 pm

john@staustell wrote:

You're a likeable character Daz, but slightly unhinged clearly.

a-a-am n-n-n-not.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:03 pm

I want Tevez to start or at least 2 seconds away from the pitch, in fact, I demand it!

This may not be the Prem, but by fuck it ain't the Milk Cup!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby simon12 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:11 pm

Tevez on bench at most. He is needed for Sunday.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:14 pm

simon12 wrote:Tevez on bench at most. He is needed for Sunday.

Shouldn't he be able to play 2 games a week? Although priorities come first.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:26 pm

Was the "slight concern" over Jo about whether he can actually play football?

Just askin
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:21 am

johnpb78 wrote:Was the "slight concern" over Jo about whether he can actually play football?

Just askin

i think he can actually play football

just sayin
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby john@staustell » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:30 am

johnpb78 wrote:Was the "slight concern" over Jo about whether he can actually play football?

Just askin

Usually back the boss on most things but leaving out RSC from the WAFFA squad and putting in Jo is madness. Ironically is was probably based on RSC being injured (ish) when the squads were done, and Jo fit (ish). Now Jo is even injured - daft bugger.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum