Training Wednesday 20/10

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Wednesday 20/10

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:49 am

Just another day but with press and cameras all over the place. Mancini did his press conference before the the training and loads of cameras came out for the start of the training. They were allowed to see the usual stuff with a special bit thrown in when Yaya was floored and they all piled in to kick him to pieces.Jo was the one extra player there today from yesterday and I would expect,if fully fit,he will get a look in on Thursday.

Mancini worked with the same 11 as yesterday to reaffirm it's Thursday's team whilst the rest just did keep ball stuff till they got back. Even as they went into the final football game not everyone joined in as AJ was on the side doing a photoshoot I expect for the OS and a few others just went inside ( including Milner) and Barry did some fitness work along with Boateng.

Balotelli didn't stand out in all the regular stuff but he did stay back at the end for a little shooting practice with Ade and RSC. One shot was amazing as it looked like Joe had it covered but it just kept rising and seemingly gathering pace as it went in just under the bar like a missile.Immediatley after that he was called a way for some 1 to 1 work with Kolarov.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Wednesday 20/10

Postby superkev8705 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:51 am

Doug. From what you have seen, could Balotelli at least make the bench for Sunday? Is he joining in the small sided games they have in training etc
superkev8705
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Carlitos Tevez

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:53 am

superkev8705 wrote:Doug. From what you have seen, could Balotelli at least make the bench for Sunday? Is he joining in the small sided games they have in training etc

I think he could. He has been joining in this week but possibly taking it a little carefully under orders. I wouldnt rule out a cameo in either of the games this week but if I was a betting man I would say no not just yet.It might though depend on how the games are going and how desperate we are for a goal.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby mcfctm » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:56 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
superkev8705 wrote:Doug. From what you have seen, could Balotelli at least make the bench for Sunday? Is he joining in the small sided games they have in training etc

I think he could. He has been joining in this week but possibly taking it a little carefully under orders. I wouldnt rule out a cameo in either of the games this week but if I was a betting man I would say no not just yet.It might though depend on how the games are going and how desperate we are for a goal.

Would love to see him start out in Poland as I am excited to see this lad and what type of player he is.
mcfctm
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby john@staustell » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:08 pm

Did Nigel dare to smile in training and were the Sun there to capture it?

How is Michael Johnson by the way, any news? :)
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:09 pm

mcfctm wrote:

Would love to see him start out in Poland as I am excited to see this lad and what type of player he is.

Poland.. thats weeks away..

Anyways, thanks for the report Doug as usual. As for Balotelli, we have waited now for so long i certainly wouldn't want us to rush him into competitive action unless he was fully recovered.. even v Arse. We can cope without him.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby john68 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:27 pm

Doug,
Could the kicking shit out of Yaya scenario be a practise session in case we sign Shrek?
I would love to see that...:-)

Cheers mate.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby mcfctm » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:29 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
mcfctm wrote:

Anyways, thanks for the report Doug as usual. As for Balotelli, we have waited now for so long i certainly wouldn't want us to rush him into competitive action unless he was fully recovered.. even v Arse. We can cope without him.

Yeah I know mate, he's been out a while so 2 weeks isn't a bad shout till he starts his first game.
mcfctm

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:37 pm

Cheers Doug
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:51 pm

mcfctm wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:
mcfctm wrote:

Yeah I know mate, he's been out a while so 2 weeks isn't a bad shout till he starts his first game.

Ah ok fair enough.
Poznan by all accounts are a dirty bunch so dont know if that should be a consideration.

i did think at one point that maybe launching him onto the rags would be great.. it is only about a week later than Poznan and then the rags just wouldn't know what to do about him. Surprise the enemy!
If it worked it would be fuclin great to see.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby bluelogic32 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:38 pm

Thanks Doug!

was kolo looking like he was feeling better?
My logic always stays blue, i live in my dreams cause i know it always come's true

Spread The Logic
bluelogic32
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Pablo & David

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:57 pm

john68 wrote:Doug,
Could the kicking shit out of Yaya scenario be a practise session in case we sign Shrek?
I would love to see that...:-)

Cheers mate.

Sounds like the perfect initiation
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:59 pm

bluelogic32 wrote:Thanks Doug!

was kolo looking like he was feeling better?

Sorry no Kolo again today.The only 1 missing apart from MJ ( and he continues to be a worry for me)
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:22 pm

Some pics from training today

[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby john@staustell » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:24 pm

I refuse to beleive that City players are smiling during training! Dont you know morale is terrible, nobody smiles, they're all killing each other and Mancini doesn't talk to anyone.

So Sunday Supplement tells us!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby mcfctm » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:40 pm

Haha they clearly hate training! Mancini doesn't have a clue and it is plain to see that there is unrest between the players.
mcfctm

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:49 pm

Is Carlitos going for the teddy boy look with that attempt at a quiff?
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:10 pm

john@staustell wrote:I refuse to beleive that City players are smiling during training! Dont you know morale is terrible, nobody smiles, they're all killing each other and Mancini doesn't talk to anyone.

So Sunday Supplement tells us!

If they are smiling, they aren't being worked enough! Sort it out Mancio, make them earn their corn.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby ant london » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:16 pm

I love that hoodie that Vinnie is wearing in the presser.....top notch
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby dazby » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:10 pm

Rocque is really really really unbelievably good looking.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum