jordan henderson

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

jordan henderson

Postby blue wine » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:35 am

Manchester City Plot £15 Million Bid For Sunderland Starlet Jordan Henderson - Report

Manchester City are preparing to test Sunderland’s resolve with a £15 million bid for England Under-21 midfielder Jordan Henderson.

Millionaires City are plotting an expensive raid on Steve Bruce’s club during the next transfer window, but face stiff competition from both Chelsea and Manchester United for the highly-rated midfielder, according to The People.

The 20-year-old has emerged as one of the brightest young talents in England following a string of superb displays for Stuart Pearce’s young lions.

City are desperate to boost their push for honours this season and feel they can land the playmaker with a January bid that the Black Cats might find hard to refuse.

City are reported to have already made an inquiry for the player and are likely to agree a transfer fee which is very close to Sunderland’s £16m valuation for their home-grown star.

Carlo Ancelotti is also a known admirer of Henderson, who has also been tipped for a surprise senior call-up by Three Lions boss Fabio Capello for the Wembley friendly with France next month, and was linked by the media with a move for the player yesterday.

Bruce will be desperate to keep hold of his star asset despite the interest, but City’s mega-money offer may prove difficult to turn down.

is he any good? never seen him play..
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Re: jordan henderson

Postby Rae4685 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 am

BOLLOCKS
Rae4685
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby StrikeAnywhere » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:32 am

I've seen him a few times. He's decent. 15 million pounds is a taking the piss. 1.5 maybe...
StrikeAnywhere
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby CitizenYank » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:08 am

You don't like a pint son, do you?? If yes, I doubt you'll make this team, bad joke!! :)
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby Chinners » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:12 am

Rae4685 wrote:BOLLOCKS

Sunday's bollox at that ...
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:16 am

He's definitely got ability & he has a decent physique. He also seems to be a hard worker. His delivery of the ball & weight of passing is better than most of City's players but whether he'll end up as good as a Lampard or just another Carrick is hard to say at such a young age. If I had to liken him to a current City player it would be Michael Johnson.

I'd certainly buy him if available but not as a likely starter right now, more for the future. For the sake of his development, it would probably be better to buy him & leave him to play at Sunderland.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:48 pm

He seems like good player but not 15million good. Reminds me of Mark Noble, a solid Premierleague player who could turn out to be very decent mid-table player in years to come in mould of say Scott Parker. But I haven't seen anything so brilliant in him to justify that sort of pricetag.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:52 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:He seems like good player but not 15million good. Reminds me of Mark Noble, a solid Premierleague player who could turn out to be very decent mid-table player in years to come in mould of say Scott Parker. But I haven't seen anything so brilliant in him to justify that sort of pricetag.

Much better on the ball than those two though & much quicker certainly than Parker. Produced some absolutely cracking passes/crosses so far this season.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Colin the King » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:04 pm

Thought he was brilliant at ours last season (4-3) and looked good whenever I've seen him so far this season. It's just a matter of where he'd fit in- much as I want us to sign good young players, I wouldn't want to do it to the detriment of their careers.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:16 pm

Colin the King wrote:Thought he was brilliant at ours last season (4-3) and looked good whenever I've seen him so far this season. It's just a matter of where he'd fit in- much as I want us to sign good young players, I wouldn't want to do it to the detriment of their careers.

That's why I recon we should leave him there for another season or two even if we do sign him. Give them some sort of deposit on a deal & the other half if/when he reaches his potential.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:39 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:He seems like good player but not 15million good. Reminds me of Mark Noble, a solid Premierleague player who could turn out to be very decent mid-table player in years to come in mould of say Scott Parker. But I haven't seen anything so brilliant in him to justify that sort of pricetag.

Much better on the ball than those two though & much quicker certainly than Parker. Produced some absolutely cracking passes/crosses so far this season.

fair enough. He just hasn't caught my eye like that but definitely has talent. I wouldn't be against the purchase, just don't know whether he really has talent to break into our side. No easy task for anyone these days.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Return to The Maine Football forum