Taggart losing it...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Taggart losing it...

Postby Kladze » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:41 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
King Kev wrote:You can imagine the sour-faced old twunt sat in his living room with a huge pile of newspapers writing down the names of each journo who has said something he didn't like!

instead of focusing on players, and match prep, etc...it SEEMS to be going tits up for them, but this is when they somehow get back into the Temple of Doom and plot their evil plans to get rebirthed and win the league with a siege mentality that is usually required to get the job done.

They are only 3 pts behind us...it's not completely lost at any level.

They are unbeaten...just for some balance.

cheers

Doomy is, unfortunately, right.

I fear that even as they sink they WILL NOT DIE .................. they can only become the undead, always there to make us feel apprehensive.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby CityFanFromRome » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:56 pm

Interesting quote from that Guardian blog:

"I would repeat what I said earlier: this story wouldn't be on the front and back pages of today's papers without a strong nod from Rooney's representatives"

so the fact that he will leave the rags is almost certain, isn't it? Also interesting, in the same blog, is the idea that he may not be as expensive as some think, due to not being in top form, having the sex scandal thrown at him, and not being as good a testimonail as C.Ronaldo or Beckham, just to name two, are for both their club(s) and other companies (think about C.Ronaldo's deal with Armani, for example, can you see Rooney being a testimonail for Armani? I can't); the one making this comment even said he wouldn't be surprised if Everton made a swap deal with Rodwell going to the swamp (which I find ridicolous, Rooney's value may have decreased but to swap him for rodwell would be madness).
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby King Kev » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:56 pm

Kladze wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
King Kev wrote:You can imagine the sour-faced old twunt sat in his living room with a huge pile of newspapers writing down the names of each journo who has said something he didn't like!

instead of focusing on players, and match prep, etc...it SEEMS to be going tits up for them, but this is when they somehow get back into the Temple of Doom and plot their evil plans to get rebirthed and win the league with a siege mentality that is usually required to get the job done.

cheers

I fear that even as they sink they WILL NOT DIE .................. they can only become the undead, always there to make us feel apprehensive.

I bet Liverpool fans used to think their club would always be big and successful too.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby mcfctm » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:55 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Ben Smith of the Times:

Only two newspapers have been allowed to attend the Ferguson/Gill #mufc press conference today ...

Apparently he's banned every paper that has printed stuff about the Rooney incident hahaha

He doesn't like freedom of speech does he?!

I wish we'd do shit like that tbh. All the shit that gets written about us from toilet roll such as the mirror et al.
mcfctm
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:20 pm

mcfctm wrote:

Only two newspapers have been allowed to attend the Ferguson/Gill #mufc press conference today ...

Apparently he's banned every paper that has printed stuff about the Rooney incident hahaha

I wish we'd do shit like that tbh. All the shit that gets written about us from toilet roll such as the mirror et al.

The problem with that is there'd only be Mancio and the tea lady!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:52 pm

King Kev wrote:
Kladze wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

I bet Liverpool fans used to think their club would always be big and successful too.

that new owner will have Scouse 1 back in contention next season...i can almost guarantee it. He's not fucking about. He turned the Red Sox -- an equally lamentable franchise in Baseball who'd underacheived for years -- and with the right amount of funds, and key hires in the front office made them champions.

You can't count out Liverpool. It might feel good to think we're dancing on the graves of our enemies, but not only are they not dead, they haven't even gotten back test results to really see if their illnesses are terminal, let alone long-term.

We can't have it both ways regarding the Media -- when you admire them for ripping apart Scouse or Salford then you invite the same upon yourself. Just my 2 cents.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:03 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
King Kev wrote:
Kladze wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

that new owner will have Scouse 1 back in contention next season...i can almost guarantee it. He's not fucking about. He turned the Red Sox -- an equally lamentable franchise in Baseball who'd underacheived for years -- and with the right amount of funds, and key hires in the front office made them champions.

You can't count out Liverpool. It might feel good to think we're dancing on the graves of our enemies, but not only are they not dead, they haven't even gotten back test results to really see if their illnesses are terminal, let alone long-term.

We can't have it both ways regarding the Media -- when you admire them for ripping apart Scouse or Salford then you invite the same upon yourself. Just my 2 cents.

cheers

He has already stated today that he is not willing to spend big... That will do for me
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby mcfctm » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:38 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
mcfctm wrote:

The problem with that is there'd only be Mancio and the tea lady!

Haha yeh probs not worth it then
mcfctm
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Michigan Blue » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:12 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:that new owner will have Scouse 1 back in contention next season...i can almost guarantee it. He's not fucking about. He turned the Red Sox -- an equally lamentable franchise in Baseball who'd underacheived for years -- and with the right amount of funds, and key hires in the front office made them champions.

If the Dippers got to play the Rags at the end of every season in a 7-game series for the Prem title, they'd probably have won a fair few championships recently as well.

The fact is that the Red Sox were always there or thereabouts pre-Henry, and I count ONE season since his takeover where they were clearly the best team in baseball. Mostly they've been second best in the division, same as they were before.

It seems to be lost on the British press that Henry's Sox initially "broke the curse" by winning a postseason format that A.) is unheard of in English football; B.) didn't even exist in MLB until 15 years ago; and C.) required an historic collapse by their rivals.

The Red Sox owe their success to two things: spending lots of money, and maximizing the value they get for that money through sabermetrics, "Moneyball" strategies, etc. The truth is that the Yankees will always do the first part better, and the Rays now do the second part better.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum