Kompany - Lescott Partnership

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kompany - Lescott Partnership

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:52 pm

Colin the King wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
dick dastardley wrote:would much rather see lescott at left back in front of bridge, bridge scares me to death when hes playing!!!

I wouldnt mate - Bridges bombing run yesterday directly contributed to Tevezes goal.

True but does he not make you nervous as fuck when a winger's running at him?

I like Lescott and he and Kompany definitely had a good partnership at one stage last season but the form Touré's in, he has to come back into the side next to Kompany when he's fit. They compliment each other so well.

To be honest I have always looked at Bridge as a back up and yes....he does make me nervous although going forward is what he brings to the table.
I agree about Lescott last season but yesterday brought me over the edge......
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Re: Kompany - Lescott Partnership

Postby Nick » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:10 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Their partnership last season was the nuts. However, yesterday Lescott looked very rusty and was out of position on numerous occassions. I don't think having Kolo in their would have made a difference though. Blackpool attack with pace and numbers. They get plenty of men in the box which is almost considered revolutionary this season.

Any CB pairing would have struggled yesterday with both Bridge and Boateng letting Blackpool cross for fun.

In the first half I was disappointed with Boateng's contribution. He played the touchline nearest the away fans and I was close to the pitch so got a great view of him very close up. Apart from being taken aback from the sheer size of him the element that stuck out more than most was the space he'd give the winger - never once trying to even stop the cross into the box.

The worrying thing about this is that he did the same thing throughout the World Cup for Germany. I put it down to him being on the left side but thinking it's not that and it's his style to defend the box, not allowing the player into it but is happy to let free crosses come in from out wide.

First I've seen re: Boateng and i agree. My shout was to bring Micah on and bobby did.

Lescott and Vinnie were amazing xmas last year and I always said that Lescott will be a great CB for us. But hes been shite at left back and did look shaky yesterday. Kolo and Vinnie for me at the moment.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum