Lech Poznan poor form

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lech Poznan poor form

Postby john@staustell » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:17 am

Just had a little potter on the official website which has an English version, presumably for plumbers who have been in England so long they have forgotten Polish!

http://www.lechpoznan.pl/en/

They are 3rd bottom and have just suffered a disastrous home defeat (0-1) to someone I've never heard of - Zaglebie Lubin (I've heard of the Lubin bit). The translation of the coach's comments is quite amusing:

16-10-2010 "We are shocked" - Jacek Zielinski
- We have lost a very important match. We were obliged to win it, but we did not do so. We are shocked. Almost nobody typed Zaglebie as the winner. I feel like something hard hit my head. The first half did not forecast anything bad, but after the half-time things started to be worse. We are in a difficult situation and now we must do everything to overcome our crisis. We are all responsible for what happened – said after match with Zaglebie Lech’s coach, Jacek Zielinski.

Tabela Ekstraklasy
TEAM M. P.
1. Jagiellonia Białystok 9 22
2. Korona Kielce 9 20
3. Lechia Gdańsk 9 17
4. GKS Bełchatów 9 16
5. Górnik Zabrze 9 15
6. Polonia Warszawa 8 13
7. Wisła Kraków 9 12
8. Legia Warszawa 9 12
9. Widzew Łódź 9 11
10. Ruch Chorzów 9 11
11. Zagłębie Lubin 9 11
12. Arka Gdynia 9 9
13. Polonia Bytom 9 9
14. Lech Poznań 8 8
15. Śląsk Wrocław 9 6
16. Cracovia 9 4
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Lech Poznan poor form

Postby sandman » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:11 am

I just hope that City dont underestimate them, they've been good in the group so far and from what i've heard their 12th man will not be too quiet.

Plus if the win their game in hand they would go up to mid table. (9th)
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby john@staustell » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:15 am

Dont think Bobby will under-estimate them mate. Lombardo will have given him a full report by now!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby sandman » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:26 am

john@staustell wrote:Dont think Bobby will under-estimate them mate. Lombardo will have given him a full report by now!

I know you're right mate, I just worry.

I'm sure bobby will take the game serious, my worry is how poor we have been against teams like Birmingham, Sunderland and Blackpool in comparison with how good we have been against sides like Liverpool & Chelsea. There is definately a mentality change in the players depending on the opposition which I think will eventually bite us on the arse.
sandman

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:39 am

sandman wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Dont think Bobby will under-estimate them mate. Lombardo will have given him a full report by now!

I'm sure bobby will take the game serious, my worry is how poor we have been against teams like Birmingham, Sunderland and Blackpool in comparison with how good we have been against sides like Liverpool & Chelsea. There is definately a mentality change in the players depending on the opposition which I think will eventually bite us on the arse.

It already happened, at home against blackburn.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby sandman » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:47 am

Moonchesteri wrote:
sandman wrote:

And away at Sunderland. I understand that everyone has poor games and dropped point throughout the season no matter how good you get, but I get the feeling it will be this poor attitude against lesser sides that will cost us massively in the long run.
sandman

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:54 am

sandman wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:
sandman wrote:

And away at Sunderland. I understand that everyone has poor games and dropped point throughout the season no matter how good you get, but I get the feeling it will be this poor attitude against lesser sides that will cost us massively in the long run.

nah, I don't think so. We will drop points but not much more than our competitors.
Rags have twice thought they have it in the bag and fucked it up. It happens to everyone.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Crossie » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:49 am

They're gonna beat us 4-0
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:12 am

We need this game badly, to make the whole group a lot simpler for us. Win on Thurs, and then we also have the Salzburg home game to come which winning that would put us on 10 pts that would see us though.

If we fail to win on Thus we are then in a battle which we could do without.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Abu Dhabi » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:16 am

I take it you've heard about the other 14 teams?
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby Esky » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:13 am

Abu Dhabi wrote:I take it you've heard about the other 14 teams?

Wisla Krakow were a decent team in Europe once upon a time and the Cracovia 'fans' will probably kill a couple of people if they end up relegated. They've probably got the most fucked up fanbase of any club in Europe.

Never heard of any of the others though.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby markuse » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:44 am

Esky wrote:
Abu Dhabi wrote:I take it you've heard about the other 14 teams?

Wisla Krakow were a decent team in Europe once upon a time and the Cracovia 'fans' will probably kill a couple of people if they end up relegated. They've probably got the most fucked up fanbase of any club in Europe.

Never heard of any of the others though.

Zalglebie Lubin played in Europe against AC Milan some years and AC found it harder than they thought in the first leg.

The surprise is Jagellonia Byalistok in first place (among with Lech's mediocrity this season)
markuse
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Return to The Maine Football forum