Arsenal sell-out already?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Arsenal sell-out already?

Postby john@staustell » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:06 am

Not the most reliable of indicators I know, but the OS ticket sales now has no 'select ticket' buttons for the Arsenal game. Plenty of tickets for the Polish though, and a few for the evening match against Scum.

Could be that the site is just in error (again), or it could be waiting for some peon to come into work Monday morning to re-allocate. But if we have sold out so early - Sunday TV game as well - maybe it's an indication of our increasing supporter confidence, after all the doom and gloom about staggering to a sell-out for the Dippers' Monday night game?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Arsenal sell-out already?

Postby King Kev » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:14 am

It wouldn't surprise me if it is a sell out. I'm hoping to see more and more games sold out as the team gets better and better.

The least we can do to repay the Sheikh is to turn up and support the team.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john@staustell » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:20 am

I think it's inevitable and should lead to the long-awaited extension announcement at some point. If nearly all the games are home sell-outs - and then there's a clear indication that the big matches would sell up to 60,000 - then there is a clear case which even the most cynical in these debates couldn't deny.

And not many new prawn-munching glory-hunters yet.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby sandman » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:43 am

I phoned up for tickets on sunday morning to buy one extra ticket, an extremely rude lady answered the phone with absolutely no manners or customer service skills whatsoever, she put me on hold for about 5 minutes "while she asked someone" she told me that there were just two single seats available in teir 1 and they were both in the North Stand.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:01 am

sandman wrote:I phoned up for tickets on sunday morning to buy one extra ticket, an extremely rude lady answered the phone with absolutely no manners or customer service skills whatsoever, she put me on hold for about 5 minutes "while she asked someone" she told me that there were just two single seats available in teir 1 and they were both in the North Stand.

I also had a similar disappointing experience a while back when I called to the box office. Unfortunate as previously the service has imo been spot on. Even during very busy time when the derby tickets went on sale.

Hopefully the lady just had a bad day then. That can happen to anyone
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby s1ty m » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:32 am

King Kev wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if it is a sell out. I'm hoping to see more and more games sold out as the team gets better and better.

The least we can do to repay the Sheikh is to turn up and support the team.

Absolutely Kev. We are in a title race people, tickets should be a ton apiece on the black market. A title race, ffs. The league is there to be won, we have the best squad. It's between us and Chelsea, I reckon. And we outclassed them in every department when we played them.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby simon12 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:58 am

A good indicator is ticket touts and they were outside the Merc garage for the dippers game. Once thet are there on a regular basis will indicate how well we`re doing.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:13 pm

there's not too many derby tickets either left so move quickly if you haven't sorted them for yourself yet!
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby King Kev » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:18 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:there's not too many derby tickets either left so move quickly if you haven't sorted them for yourself yet!
You can guarantee the day after they sell out there will be somebody who starts a thread asking if anybody has a spare ticket.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby King Kev » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:04 pm

There are still tickets left for Sunday. Get em while they're hot!

[urlnp=http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and-Travel/2010/October/A-few-tickets-remain-for-Manchester-City-against-Arsenal]LINK[/urlnp]
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum