*** Official Match Thread - Blackpool Away ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Official Match Thread - Blackpool Away ***

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:11 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Slim wrote:Not sure how, but that second goal was lescott's fault as well.

It was mate..He was actually resonsible for both of their goals.....thankfully we had silva come on for that bag of wank ADE.

So that I can let the coaches know can you please tell me why Lescott was at fault for the first goal. Was he supposed to get in front of the player who scored?If that delivery is perfect the only way to stop it is have somebody in front of the attacker.We didn't have one.

The 2nd goal just shows one potential problem with zonal marking especially when the TEAM switch off.

PMSL..Doug..the last time I saw the staff list at City there was no fucking mention of you.....................anywhere...I know you would dearly like it to include you...but lets leave the sarcasm out shall we...theres a good old boy.

Anyway -the first goal he was sandwiched in between 2 players..he was outjumped....again.

The second goal was his fault...he had plenty of time not to concede that fucking corner which led to their goal...he also was lucky when he left the middle completely bare going for the same ball as Boateng......clueless positioning.

In my opinion..and no doubt 99% of everyone elses..Lescott was at fault.
Last edited by carl_feedthegoat on Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby cityPinoy_fc » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:11 pm

Blackpool were really good credit to them they gave everything they have. Silva coming on was the turning point classy classy player. 2nd place and two points of Chelsea we are getting there. Come on City!! Next is Arsenal.
[center]What would happen if pacman meets ferguson?
WHO THE F*** ARE MAN UNITED!!!!![/center]
cityPinoy_fc
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:11 pm

Well played Blackpool. Football and effort all the time. Wish them all the luck in all bar one of their remaining games.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby david yearsley » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:16 pm

Lost the stream just before the equaliser - fuclin typical!! Just knew that lump Harewood would score but Silva - wooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:25 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

It was mate..He was actually resonsible for both of their goals.....thankfully we had silva come on for that bag of wank ADE.

So that I can let the coaches know can you please tell me why Lescott was at fault for the first goal. Was he supposed to get in front of the player who scored?If that delivery is perfect the only way to stop it is have somebody in front of the attacker.We didn't have one.

The 2nd goal just shows one potential problem with zonal marking especially when the TEAM switch off.

PMSL..Doug..the last time I saw the staff list at City there was no fucking mention of you.....................anywhere...I know you would dearly like it to include you...but lets leave the sarcasm out shall we...theres a good old boy.

Anyway -the first goal he was sandwiched in between 2 players..he was outjumped....again.

The second goal was his fault...he had plenty of time not to concede that fucking corner which led to their goal...he also was lucky when he left the middle completely bare going for the same ball as Boateng......clueless positioning.

haha at least you recognise sarcasm when you wear blinkers to havea go at one of your pet hates. He could have done a little better than give the corner away I agree but cmon that doesnt mean he is at fault for the goal.

And that first goal is one they practice a lot on a daily basis and the key to it 100% of the time ( as just confirmed on the TV analysis just now) is for a player to get in front of the attacker. As I said if the delivery is perfect the man behind the attacker has no real chance. It's nothing to do with being outjumped.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:30 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

haha at least you recognise sarcasm when you wear blinkers to havea go at one of your pet hates. He could have done a little better than give the corner away I agree but cmon that doesnt mean he is at fault for the goal.

And that first goal is one they practice a lot on a daily basis and the key to it 100% of the time ( as just confirmed on the TV analysis just now) is for a player to get in front of the attacker. As I said if the delivery is perfect the man behind the attacker has no real chance. It's nothing to do with being outjumped.

Nothing to do with being outjumped? - I beg to differ.......Lescott didnt do enough to challenge for the ball imo and giving away a potential goal chance (i.e corner) when he had absolutly no need to do so was criminal imo.

I wont go into the other 70 minites of bad positioning....putting his side under pressure with stupid passes..ect ect ect as we all saw the dross that he served up.

I cannot wait for his replacement to be fighting fit again.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby colonel_muck » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:35 pm

silva was amazing. that's about it. how joleon lescott continues to get into our team is totally beyond me. terrified of the ball and at fault for the first goal. blackpool were the better team by far for the majority of the game and when silva came on he dug us right out of a hole, but even then only elevated the status of the game to 'evenly matched'. Why don't we try a central midfielder that actually wants to go forward? Hopefully Liverpool will still be shit in Dec so we can get garrard.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Blackadder » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:39 pm

Some feedback from Blackpool fans...

Taylor-Fletcher's offside goal should have stood. Clear as day though that DJ Campbell was offside as the ball was played, and if him stretching to get his toe on the ball isn't interfering with play I'd like to know what is.

Tevez first goal was offside - they have a point but very very tight, does him leaning forward ahead of his marker as the ball is played count as offside?

Tevez second goal, he fouled Evatt in the build-up. Probably so, but how many fouls go un-noticed by refs during 90 mins?

-

Tough on Blackpool, but signs are there that we are ragging wins just like the scum used to do when they had a decent team.
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx
Blackadder
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Agueroooooooooooo

Postby Crossie » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:42 pm

Id rather let M Johnson have another go before ever going anywhere near Gerrard. The blokes twice the player he is because Liverpool are built round him.

Stick him in our side and you'd just see a good Joey Barton impression.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:11 pm

1) Their offside goal - quite right blackadder and the City defender gets drawn out of position by the offside player, so, a reasonable decision by the ref.
2) Tevez first goal - after watching in slow mo on the box, yes Carlos was offside, but only just. A wrong decision but not a glaring error.
3) Tevez's second - Carlos does tap the defenders ankles, but, they are tangling for the ball and the ref probably thought it was six ot one and half a dozen of the other. Again a wrong decision, but not exactly daylight robbery.

The difficulty of highlighting just those three decisions is that they lead to goals (or a disallowed one). There are loads of decisions all over the pitch that ultimately seem to have no effect on the result. Now I won't bore everyone with theories of Quantum Physics and the Schrodinger Wave Equation, but, the end result is the consequence of many desicions. Change any one of them and you could have easily ended up with a different result.
For example, there was a push on Ade in the Blackpool penalty area about 20mins into the first half that might have seen us go one up. With our tails up we could have run out winning by a six goal margin. Who knows? If we hadn't won the game maybe we would be screaming about being robbed.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:53 pm

How much does Phil Dowd look like Ant Fucking Cairo? Jesus H Christ. brothers from another mother.

Nice win. outplayed for most of the match. Missing Toue Yaya more than Id have liked. Blackpool look like staying up. Well done to them for taking it to us. Wish we'd start doing the same to teams really but ill be sipping a bourbon tonight thinking about 2nd place and how it feels right now while i thumb my nose gently at scum and arsenal fans if only for a brief minute.

why can't we take the league?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby colonel_muck » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:15 pm

Crossie wrote:Id rather let M Johnson have another go before ever going anywhere near Gerrard. The blokes twice the player he is because Liverpool are built round him.

Stick him in our side and you'd just see a good Joey Barton impression.

everything you've said in this statement is wrong. in years gone by rafa benitez was constantly critisized for not utilising his best player properly. and didn't you think barton was brilliant for us on pitch? i did.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Brad » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:30 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
Brad wrote:Silva comin on

Won't make a difference

Thats twice you're negativity has backfired, keep it up ;) lol
Brad
Richard Dunne's Own Goals