Training Saturday 16/10

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Training Saturday 16/10

Postby john@staustell » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:48 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
ant london wrote:Random question but Doug...how does Jo seem to interract with the squad? Is he in the thick of things personality-wise or does he keep himself to himself? I know it's hard to tell probably but do you get the feeling that his fellow teammates rate him or not?

There is no doubt initially when we had him he was part of the gang with Elano,Robinho and Berti.They were close at training and apparently off the pitch too for obvious reasons.He seems a fairly low key character and there is no evident player or players that he seems to have bonded closely with.As for whether they rate him I have no doubt I am too heavily biaised by my own thoughts so the ansdwer would be no.

I just think he is far too static and his touch isnt good enough for what we have.

I maintain we employ him as some sort of care in the community scheme, soon to be scrapped by the Coalition!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:49 am

Not bad pictures those and from up a tree as well[/quote]

From that site, is it me or is johnno looking in good shape:

Image[/quote]

He does indeed, but fuck me, I really hate white football boots.[/quote]

Interesting to see that picture of Johnno as I could swear he wasnt there on Saturday[/quote]

To be fair..your not exactly at pitch side so its to be expected you wont see all.[/quote]

It's really not that hard from 20 or 30 yards and I can assure you he wasn't out there on Saturday.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:04 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Image
It's really not that hard from 20 or 30 yards and I can assure you he wasn't out there on Saturday.

Fucking Photoshop eh!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby land » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:54 pm

The picture of Johnson was taken from a different dated gallery (24/9/2010), he wasn't out on Saturday (16/10/2010). :)
land
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:05 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Shame I didn't cross my fingers quickly enough as 3 got an injury during this mornings session!! 2 minor ones were Patrick ( seemed to tweak his right knee) and RSC a hand injury ( maybe because I met him before the start when he arrived on his bike and shook his hand)

Motorbike or bicycle?
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby mr_nool » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:11 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Shame I didn't cross my fingers quickly enough as 3 got an injury during this mornings session!! 2 minor ones were Patrick ( seemed to tweak his right knee) and RSC a hand injury ( maybe because I met him before the start when he arrived on his bike and shook his hand)

Motorbike or bicycle?

I was wondering the same at first, but I just can't imagine a disgustingly over-paid footballer riding his bicycle to work.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:32 am

mr_nool wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

Motorbike or bicycle?

I was wondering the same at first, but I just can't imagine a disgustingly over-paid footballer riding his bicycle to work.

Ditto, but;

a) I thought when Cudicini had his accident that people brought up the fact a lot of footballers are forbidden from riding motorbikes.

b) it might be something to do with his tendonitis- keeping the knees moving, etc.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby bluej » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:38 am

I'm pretty sure Doug said in an earlier post it was a bicycle.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:15 am

bluej wrote:I'm pretty sure Doug said in an earlier post it was a bicycle.

Bicycle it was. I saw him on it.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum