Munichs (rant warning)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Munichs (rant warning)

Postby the_georgian_genius » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:57 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I can't believe how some people are getting heated up over it. Next time you're at the match and you hear somone around you singing it, tell them your thoughts and see what they say. I don't reckon any single person sings it because they want to celebrate the deaths of so many, but because it is a way to get at the Rags; nothing more.

The end.

So, so wrong and it is saddening to see that people think that is an acceptable justification for it.

Don't talk bollox man and don't give me the 'All High and Mighty' approach. I personally do not sing any Munich songs since I was old enough to understand them, but the truth is, there are lots who do and it's not out of disrespect but out of a sense of goading; like prodding away at their fickle little minds with a shitty stick.

What really pisses me off is people like yourself who feel the need to tell people who they are and box them up in a nice little place so you can feel above them. Are any of these people really having ago at the Munich Disaster? Well I think the recent Derby where 3000 City fans stood back-to-back with United in a tribute to those lost souls can tell you that; does the word 'Impeccable' spring to your mind?

I tell you what mate, like I said, why not go down to the SS and East Corner and start your own songs that display the same vitriol, but that gives them true respect that they obviously deserve. But maybe, just maybe you'll understand what goes on between 2 sets of fans who show a real hatred for each other during such a game, and possibly some of their very own flying with their arms out asking why we ain't giving it them.

Like I say, I don't do it but if someone else wants to, then crack on - I ain't your keeper!

Let me ask you this question then mate before it goes on and on and on with no end. What if the rags started calling us Big Malcs in reference to us to wind us up, even going as far as what some city fans do with the aeroplane movements with their arms by prentending to smoke a cigar at the next derby? Would that be acceptable and just part of the game or would it be a sad and pathetic excuse of a wind up because they are celebrating death?

Like i said, you obviously don't understand it and have been brought up thinking it is ok and part and parcel of football but i know if anyone called me a Big Malc then i would just look at them thinking they are pathetic and worthless being in their company which i have done in the past including fellow blues, and that is no being houlier than hou or all high and mighty, it's just common sense and common decency.

Ha ha ha, it gets worse. I fully understand it after growing up with it but rivalry's in football aren't about sitting still and applauding when something goes right and bowing your head when it goes wrong; the passion of such occassions gets to people and the group momentum takes over from the individual.

And who says they won't do the Big Mal thing, there's always a few and once they do they'll be greeted with and angry reposte of 'You Munich Bastard' I'd suggest. And that's it there in a nutshell, tit-4-tat and whatever your virtues, you don't actually have any way of stopping it and it will only be time that does.

One thing I'd like to know from yourself is where do you sit and what songs do you sing, and did you ever go to Maine Road in the Kippax or North Stand?

Right ok so if Liverpool start singing songs about Big Mal and Foe then it's acceptable to reply with songs of Heysel and Hillsborogh as they started it? Same with Exeter, if they start being vile about Big Malc then we will simply respond with songs about Adam Stansfield as that is what football is all about, whatever the opposition do, we can respond with something the same or even worse, that is football, eye for an eye ect ect ect

I stood on the Kippax from 89-94 before moving to the north stand from 94-2003 and the south stand from 06-08, i don't know why that information has anything to do with the subject, i never joined in with any of the songs about tragedies of fellow clubs but joined in with the hatred of those clubs in another way.

You laughed when i said you don't understand it and it is still true so lets not go back and forth shall we and just end it now, it's one both sides will never agree with which IMO is sad but that's life.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby the_georgian_genius » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:59 pm

MaseCTID wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:even going as far as what some city fans do with the aeroplane movements with their arms

Mate, I think you'll find that it's the rag fans that do that as much, if not more than City fans. In fact, I've never seen one City fan do that. I sit next to the away fans, and on derby day there's a sea of the twats doing it to the City fans. I've never understood it myself.

The rags have this thing of latching onto things that are aimed at them as if to say "we don't care what you say it's pathetic". Think when they released glory glory man united and fans up and down the country adapted it to "the famous man united went to rome to see the pope and this is what he said, fuck off, who the fuck are man united" they now sing that regulary at every game.
the_georgian_genius

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:07 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:Right ok so if Liverpool start singing songs about Big Mal and Foe then it's acceptable to reply with songs of Heysel and Hillsborogh as they started it? Same with Exeter, if they start being vile about Big Malc then we will simply respond with songs about Adam Stansfield as that is what football is all about, whatever the opposition do, we can respond with something the same or even worse, that is football, eye for an eye ect ect ect

I stood on the Kippax from 89-94 before moving to the north stand from 94-2003 and the south stand from 06-08, i don't know why that information has anything to do with the subject, i never joined in with any of the songs about tragedies of fellow clubs but joined in with the hatred of those clubs in another way.

You laughed when i said you don't understand it and it is still true so lets not go back and forth shall we and just end it now, it's one both sides will never agree with which IMO is sad but that's life.

It's actually very relevant mate as if you'd been sat near to the away support from most clubs, you'd understand the heat and anger that is generated during a match, possibly better comprehending what brought that vitriol on; such as the 'eye for an eye' you state.

And as for not understanding, I understand totally where you are coming from but at the same time do not lambast you for your values or opinions; just tell you mine.

But you're obviously right in your last line, people will never understand each other when one will not open their mind to others actions; without that, there's not even a debate.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby the_georgian_genius » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:Right ok so if Liverpool start singing songs about Big Mal and Foe then it's acceptable to reply with songs of Heysel and Hillsborogh as they started it? Same with Exeter, if they start being vile about Big Malc then we will simply respond with songs about Adam Stansfield as that is what football is all about, whatever the opposition do, we can respond with something the same or even worse, that is football, eye for an eye ect ect ect

It's actually very relevant mate as if you'd been sat near to the away support from most clubs, you'd understand the heat and anger that is generated during a match, possibly better comprehending what brought that vitriol on; such as the 'eye for an eye' you state.

And as for not understanding, I understand totally where you are coming from but at the same time do not lambast you for your values or opinions; just tell you mine.

But you're obviously right in your last line, people will never understand each other when one will not open their mind to others actions; without that, there's not even a debate.

The not understanding the point was i think supposed to be aimed at another poster as i've just looked and you admit you do understand it in your first point.

Anyway lets call it a draw and look forward to Blackpool!!
the_georgian_genius

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:18 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

The not understanding the point was i think supposed to be aimed at another poster as i've just looked and you admit you do understand it in your first point.

Anyway lets call it a draw and look forward to Blackpool!!

(shakes hand and walks away)

(hurriedly returns and stabs in the back) ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mcfc1632 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:38 pm

....you know - it is really strange...

You would think that it would be scum fans moaning about the use of munich as a term in songs etc - but in reality - very rarely do I ever hear any moans from them and it seems that for every scum fan (and unfortunately I know quite a few - and some ashamed to say as friends) - who raise the issue of CITY fans singing munich songs - there seem to be loads of CITY do-gooders going on and on - ffs get a fucking life and stop fucking preaching
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:41 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:....you know - it is really strange...

You would think that it would be scum fans moaning about the use of munich as a term in songs etc - but in reality - very rarely do I ever hear any moans from them and it seems that for every scum fan (and unfortunately I know quite a few - and some ashamed to say as friends) - who raise the issue of CITY fans singing munich songs - there seem to be loads of CITY do-gooders going on and on - ffs get a fucking life and stop fucking preaching

Amen to that.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Goataldo » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:53 pm

Yeah, bloody 'do-gooders', daring to have opinions, and imposing them on others on a message board. Who do they think they are?
Btter tell em what to do and what they should be thinking, sharpish!

Nice one.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:21 pm

In reality, most of the songs are not about Munich.

Eg:
Ryan Giggs is Illegitimate
Town full of munichs
etc....

The reference to "munichs" in those songs, which I wholeheartedly sing, have no connection with what happened on a runway, but a huge connection to the millions of supporters who have tagged on to a club that have shamelessly exploited the event ever since. I routinely call United fans "munichs" in conversation, and will quite happily call it them to their face.

However, I absolutely would not use it in conversation with fans of the generation that actually were around in the era that this happened, as they most likely supported the club before during and after the event - eg, not lemmings & johnny come latelys. In terms of those at the match, I doubt there are more than a handful of age 65+ fans who go to away games, as you tend to gravitate to wearing beige rather than all black at that age, so I don't give a shit.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Wooders » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:21 pm

I also find the song about ryan giggs having aids in very poor taste just as an FYI

as I said earlier - seems some people will defend it to the death, which I really struggle to get my head round as they are decent, intelligent folk
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:51 pm

4 pages on City Fans complaining that we call the munes MUNICHS.

Now thats fucking incredible.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby john68 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:59 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:4 pages on City Fans complaining that we call the munes MUNICHS.

It's because, being superior beings, we are able to look at ourselves and inwardly improve Carl.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:06 pm

john68 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:4 pages on City Fans complaining that we call the munes MUNICHS.

It's because, being superior beings, we are able to look at ourselves and inwardly improve Carl.

All down to intrinsic values I'm afraid................and Stella ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby King Kev » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:08 pm

Should we have the word auto-censored on this site?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby mcfc1632 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:58 pm

uwes_skyblue_duvet wrote:

Yeah, bloody 'do-gooders', daring to have opinions, and imposing them on others on a message board. Who do they think they are?

Nice one.

Sorrry - read your post again and ask yourself an objective question - and answer in an honest and objective way......

Your annoyance seems to be ............... ", daring to have opinions, and imposing them on others on a message board. Who do they think they are? Better tell em what to do and what they should be thinking, sharpish!"

Is that actually not exactly what you are doing throughout this thread?

Is that double standards?

Does that not prove my point?

Just asking like

Edited to remove redundant ???? - not that this changes the validity (IMO) of the point I am making
Last edited by mcfc1632 on Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:06 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:
uwes_skyblue_duvet wrote:

Nice one.

Sorrry - read your post again and ask yourself an objective question - and answer in an honest and objective way......

Your annoyance seems to be ............... ", daring to have opinions, and imposing them on others on a message board. Who do they think they are? Better tell em what to do and what they should be thinking, sharpish!"

Is that actually not exactly what you are doing throughout this thread?????

Is that double standards?????

Does that not prove my point?????

Just asking like

With 15 question marks, like?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:43 pm

Can anyone tell me a song sung now that has a real Munich meaning, not some sot of connotation?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:59 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Can anyone tell me a song sung now that has a real Munich meaning, not some sot of connotation?

The runway song is pretty much as it says, suppose that is the only one that is close to the bone, but I havent heard that sung for a good while.

The rest DO NOT have ANY munich meaning, they just mention rags as being what they are, munich bastards
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:16 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Can anyone tell me a song sung now that has a real Munich meaning, not some sot of connotation?

The runway song is pretty much as it says, suppose that is the only one that is close to the bone, but I havent heard that sung for a good while.

The rest DO NOT have ANY munich meaning, they just mention rags as being what they are, munich bastards

Exactly! Thanks for clarifying.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:22 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

Exactly! Thanks for clarifying.

Your point is the same as I suggested before.

The very suggestion that the word desecrates the memory of those who died fucks me off more than anything else. I am glued to the telly watching anything related to the actual disaster, and have been known to be in tears watching it because it was so horrifying, so sad, and so fucking wrong.

If any fan, of any club can see the documentaries I have seen, and sing songs which celebrate the actual event, they need their heads seen to. But as you point out, it is not about the "event" any more, it is about the wankers who support the club and know less about it, probably than most city fans, yet take offence at the word simply because it has been said, rather than because they actually felt/feel anything about the tragedy.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum