Suppository Takes A Strange Turn

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Suppository Takes A Strange Turn

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:56 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
s1ty m wrote:I would be surprised if Pep wasn't in charge at City next season. Bringing in the executives that we brought in is a giveaway if ever there was one. The failure in the CL is the key to Mancini's thin ice, regardless of of winning what he has. Bizarre, but there it is.

I've thought about this a lot & imo, the question is down to whether they think Pep was an essential part of creating what happened at Barca, or just a great manager who happened to pass through the system & did a great job while he was there. If the answer is that they think Pep was mainly a manager who helped Barca's system, then it would make no sense at all to replace Mancini with him, unless they think Mancini isn't up to the job, as Mancini is the current Prem champion. Why replace someone who has won the league in this country, with someone who hasn't ever managed here, & had Lionel Messi in his team ? It wouldn't be rational.

If however they think Pep was a driving force behind the creation of the modern Barca, given the fact that City are modelling the whole club on that, it would be a failure, even a deriliction of duty on their part, not to do everything they could to bring him in.

If he is genuinely that good & we step aside & let Chelsea or the rags have him, then we would be putting our whole academy plan at risk, as he will do it accross the road, with or without the big money, & he will have more pulling power than us.

Txiki & Soriano know the answer to those questions & that will decide whether Bob is still here next season imo.

@ Beefy, if we are in the market for Pep, we will be doing it now, we have no other choice.

The shortest yet most significant word in your last sentence is 'if' and that's what I'm talking about.

If we are talking to PG then have already decided to bin Mancini which is a little early in the reckoning. Like me, you ask yourself the question of whether the new board members were brought in to basically bring PG in yet they were brought in at the time when Mancini was given the 5 year contract. That says more to me than anything else as regardless of get out clauses etc, our owners are not so knee-jerk as some of the media. How long did they give Hughes?

Soriano and Txiki were brought in for their European pedigree (Soriano making great gains commercially) and it's nothing to do with hiring PG. They were the ones who oversaw the transition of Barca and Soriano was a key member of the old G14. The link is there with PG but the reality is that we wanted the best minds and experience to progress within the confines of a closed shop. We did that, we now move on with the experience we need. To say that Sheikh Mansour brought these guys in to push the Guardiola link is a bit naive. To say that we won't be interested though is well off the mark. We're always interested in top names, as Hughes always used to spout ;-)

I didn't say I thought they were brought in to ditch Mancini. I don't think that. I think they are great appointments whoever the manager.

We have had a plan all along based quite a bit on Barca though. We copied their system, brought in their top brass. Do you really believe these blokes haven't sounded out Pep ? What would you do in their position ? If you didn't sound him out, you would be the wrong man for the job, it is your duty to look at the option. Whether they are negotiating or have signed him is another question but they will have asked him what he thinks about it at least. If they haven't they are crap. What if Bob became ill or his wife insisted on leaving ? We miss out on Pep because we are too honest & too nice to have spoken to him ?

As for Bob's deal; he may have demanded it. He's not stupid. He was talking to other clubs.

If we were Chelsea, what would you expect to happen next ?

We'll have to save this for another day mate. Like I'm sure you are, I'm otherwise engaged.

Come On Dippers!

COME ON CITY!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:38 am

[youtube]Gbsods0gXhI[/youtube]
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:45 pm

Cheers JC. They sounded quite fair there and are probably right about the future of the manager. I think they'd love to say they think Mancini should go but as pointed out, they'd be seen as 2 faced gits if they did.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:04 am

[youtube]PekGpofKZZ4&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

They use Simon Mullock's Mirror exclusive abour De Boer as a point of departure this week
Last edited by johnny crossan on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ashton287 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:46 am

If I didn't know better, the way they are talking. I would think they actually own city and they are the ones who will make the decision on Mancini staying or going.

To use what must be their buzz word for the week, they seem very "empowered" for a bunch of fucking know nothing cunts talking 100% conjecture and agreeing with themselves and each other like that makes it all true. Bunch of fucking monkeys throwing shit around waiting for something to stick.
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:08 pm

ashton287 wrote:If I didn't know better, the way they are talking. I would think they actually own city and they are the ones who will make the decision on Mancini staying or going.

To use what must be their buzz word for the week, they seem very "empowered" for a bunch of fucking know nothing cunts talking 100% conjecture and agreeing with themselves and each other like that makes it all true. Bunch of fucking monkeys throwing shit around waiting for something to stick.

It's wierd to think that these are the same people talking about the stories they have previously invented. They must laugh their tiny little cocks off when they get back to the pub.

'Heads or tails, De Boer or Laudrup?'

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:26 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
ashton287 wrote:If I didn't know better, the way they are talking. I would think they actually own city and they are the ones who will make the decision on Mancini staying or going.

It's wierd to think that these are the same people talking about the stories they have previously invented. They must laugh their tiny little cocks off when they get back to the pub.

'Heads or tails, De Boer or Laudrup?'

Ha ha was going to suggest the quiet burying of the Yaya crisis as an example of these fantasies...bullshit turns to fact and then when reality bites its reported as "speculation"...lol YOUR speculation...not ours...!! they have no shame really...what a seedy pointless existence most of these people lead.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby feedthegreek » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:55 pm

complete arseholes the lot of them, could be 4 cups in four full seasons no reason to sack roberto. these are the same guys who were outraged when hughes got sacked for taking us backwards, there all two faced, this morning on talkshite michael gray ex sunderland about di canio taking over, not for me he said, this afternoon it was mentioned to him di canio was having talks, he said could be a great move. its as though they cant say nothing good about mancini so there trying to talk him out of a job.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:53 pm

i didn't really find their feedback insanely negative. Am i the only one who heard the majority opinion as "why would you sack him? Makes no sense really" as the dominant theme?
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Wooders » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:12 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:i didn't really find their feedback insanely negative. Am i the only one who heard the majority opinion as "why would you sack him? Makes no sense really" as the dominant theme?

they think the board will sack him and are already passing judgement on them
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:18 pm

Wooders wrote:

Maybe im a poor listener I guess. I heard them talk about the rumours and one of them say they were convinced he would be sacked and others saying it would be madness. Ill have to listen again maybe.
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:32 pm

The alleged journalists know nothing but the more wild guesses they take, the better their chances of claiming after the fact that they said it first.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:01 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Wooders wrote:

Maybe im a poor listener I guess. I heard them talk about the rumours and one of them say they were convinced he would be sacked and others saying it would be madness. Ill have to listen again maybe.

I don't think you are Doomie. Didn't sound too hostile to me !
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:51 pm

I'm indebted to George Hannah and David Shawcross for this week's little compilation from MOTD, Sky & The Sunday Suppository

[youtube]YFWMXtN4UFo[/youtube]
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby johnny crossan » Sun May 05, 2013 9:49 am

Bob's a Gonner - this week's snippet

[youtube]zwI0UlrRxe8[/youtube]
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby dazby » Sun May 05, 2013 10:02 am

In other words, they don't know shit.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby City64 » Sun May 05, 2013 10:11 am

Same old rag propaganda journo cunts on sunday supplement this morning spouting their same old shit . So fucking boring !!!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun May 05, 2013 11:18 am

We got 10 points last season in the Champions League in the group of death. You're putting yourself forward as a journalist: do some fucking research, you cockney bell-end.

And if you're on telly, at least learn to fucking speak properly, you chinless twats. It is like listening to three Elmer Fudds, for fuck's sake.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby johnny crossan » Sun May 19, 2013 12:22 pm

last one for a while

[youtube]Vl2bIRI_iLk[/youtube]
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site