Blackpool Fans!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Blackpool Fans!

Postby dazby » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:54 am

I totally agree with the pretty boy. Those comments sounded like us 5 years ago.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby ant london » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:07 am

Good luck to Blackpool I say

They've bloodied a few noses thus far and I'm sure there will be a couple more this season. It would not remotely surprise me if they turned us over or nicked a point. It will be City who will be to blame if they do and we should not have any gripes or any "beef" with bloody Blackpool FFS.

I like Ian Holloway and I will always have a softspot for the plucky underdog. If they beat City they will just be doing what we have done every now and then to a United, Chelsea or Arsenal over the years when we were shit. If they want to talk a big game beforehand then let them, realistically what do they have to lose.

They might go down at the end of the year, but fuck it, they should enjoy it whilst they can. Balls to feeling like the fans who "have no right to be here".....give it a good go on all fronts.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby john@staustell » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:58 pm

I often go on other clubs TEAMTALK sites to see what they're saying and nowadays for a giggle at, and a wind-up of, a couple of red teams. But the Blackpool page only has one lonely fella posting, about once every 3 days. Surely he can round up a couple of mates to post with?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Bear60 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:44 pm

9secondlegend wrote:im not saying fuck all till after the game!

Very sensible I will go along with that.
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby CityFanFromRome » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:53 pm

Bear60 wrote:
9secondlegend wrote:im not saying fuck all till after the game!

Very sensible I will go along with that.

Yeah, I'd wait after the game to tell them to fuck off, really. You never know when a bad day is going to come, and it's usually teams like them that cause upsets to teams like us.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:16 pm

ant london wrote:Good luck to Blackpool I say

They've bloodied a few noses thus far and I'm sure there will be a couple more this season. It would not remotely surprise me if they turned us over or nicked a point. It will be City who will be to blame if they do and we should not have any gripes or any "beef" with bloody Blackpool FFS.

I like Ian Holloway and I will always have a softspot for the plucky underdog. If they beat City they will just be doing what we have done every now and then to a United, Chelsea or Arsenal over the years when we were shit. If they want to talk a big game beforehand then let them, realistically what do they have to lose.

They might go down at the end of the year, but fuck it, they should enjoy it whilst they can. Balls to feeling like the fans who "have no right to be here".....give it a good go on all fronts.

Pretty much agree with this from Ant.. their fans have the right to get excited.

Also Bpool have sprung more surprises away from home where they were perhaps expected not to be so up for playing football and caught some teams out. At home they cant do that so much and are expected to come out and play.
If anything that plays into our hands.. im expecting that we will coolly take them apart in a very, sorry to say it, Chelsea type way.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Renato_CTID » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:23 pm

Unfortunately I never meet a Blackpool fan in my life but all I can do is that their manager is absolutely cool!!! Ian Holloway is making an excellent job from them.
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby lythamblue » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:48 am

Well ..... they are even worse now! It could be any worse if we had actually lost. Now they genuinely believe that they are better than us and would have easily won the game if the officials hadn't been biased towards the bigger clubs.

Evidently, we were played off the park, they were robbed and we didn't even deserve a point.

No mention of the last 20 minute spell when we scored three goals (ok two were debateable) or the fact that we hit the bar twice.

All our players are no better than theirs and are overpaid mercenaries (apart from Silva) who has class, but is still a mercenary all the same. Tevez is OK but a cheating fouling Argie.

Charlie Adam would walk in to ANY Premiership side, especially ours as he is far better than Milner and Barry.

Ian Holloway is a better manager than Mancini and they don't seem to realise that he probably cost them the game when he made the wrong choices as a reaction to us bringing on Silva.

Unfortunately, I spent the game watching from a Hospitality Box half full of Blackpool 'Fans' who up until last season were Manyoo/Liverpool armchair supporters, who live on the Fylde Coast.

I am really starting to hope they really do get relegated.
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby ant london » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:50 am

I think you are mean
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby King Kev » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:55 am

lythamblue wrote:Charlie Adam would walk in to ANY Premiership side, especially ours as he is far better than Milner and Barry.

On yesterday's performances it would be hard to argue with this.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:59 am

Saw a bit of Charlie Adam at Rangers and Im sure Cityger would agree he's got a sweet left-peg, but is vey slow and was misplaced on the wing by Gers. Now hes in the middle he's playing a lot like Barry, although he scores more goals and takes a better free-kick.

City won yesterday because of two reasons, we got the rub of the green and we were far more ruthless in the last third. Blackpool fluffed chances, whilst Tevez and Silva were ours - thats what £££ gets you, quality in the final third.

Good luck to Blackpool though, they are positive and are very refreshing compared to shite like Stoke and Wolves.
Last edited by Goaters 103 on Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:02 am

To be fair, they must be high on their surprise promotion and having a reasonable start to the season. I think it's only fair they are mouthing off a bit. They know it as well as we all do that this will not last for long and after that it will be about 30 years before they get another chance.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:08 am

I went to university with a Blackpool fan (from Lytham actually). Really nice bloke, but he abandoned the Tangerines and went to get a season ticket at Tottenham when he moved to London for work in the early 90s, something I told him was bad form at the time. I wonder (for about thirty seconds) which club he is following now. At least he can say he was there in the late 80s/early 90s when they really were shit. I went with him to Wembley to see the play-off final v Torquay and several other games around the country. Ah, Dave Bamber - you can always mention him and that game, lythamblue, and see what their reaction is.

I hope they stay up but I can see it getting much harder for them in the coming months. You are only as good as your strikers, and Blackpool's are Championship level at best. They really do have to start taking their chances - the opposition certainly will.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum