Joey

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Joey

Postby Rae4685 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:04 pm

I like Joey Barton. Probably cos I'm scally racist nobhead tbf
Rae4685
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby saulman » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:24 pm

ronk wrote:He attacked teammates more than once, he subordinated the needs of the team to his own glory, he was a thug who did huge amount of damage to the image of the club, he moaned about the fact that people only tolerated him because he was good, he set a bad example, he sowed seeds of discord over money, his agent is McKay, he was never loyal but wanted everyone to suck up to him because of his loyalty, he whored his release clause around and still wanted a loyalty payment, he ruined our form about 3 seasons in a row by doing something wildly destructive, we sometimes played better when we went down to 10 men without him, he marked his international debut with a series of stunts attempting to force himself out of the club, he was associated with racism, we couldn't retain possession, he's fallen out with managers regularly and make public statements about them, he got a pay rise for attacking and injuring a teammate but still told everyone he saved the club, he made a big deal about being top goalscorer in a team that didn't score at home in the league for 5 months, only one of those goals earned us points and that was a penalty, he stopped more talented players around him from playing, he helped relegate Newcastle and convinced Stay Given that they'd never win any trophies (I can forgive him for those last 2).

I'm not interested in how or whether he plays, just as long as he doesn't do anything dangerous, but I don't want to pretend that they were all good times. In some ways his tenure with the club was a worse time than when we were down 2 divisions.

Very well said. He also put a transfer request in on deadline day and spoke after he left the club about how he single handedly saved us.

I've never booed a City player. I could always make an exception for this complete idiot.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby blue 68 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:25 pm

I hope De Jong snaps him in two if he starts getting lairy.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
blue 68
De Jong's Tackle

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:19 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:
BlueMoonAwoken wrote:it wasnt the stupid things he did that pissed me off it was going to newcastle and saying he was going to a bigger and better club.

Same goes for anelka for me he said fenerbache was a bigger and better club. " i think it was them anyway"

When players say disrespectful things like that they lose all my respect and i would boo him.

At the time, Fenerbahce were a bigger club than us. A lot bigger.

Im sorry but i disagree galatasary yeah ok but fenerbahce na not for me.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby steveo_88 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:20 pm

I WAS a backer of B*rton for a long time when he was with us but he spoiled so many chances to change his ways and every time stuck his fingers up at the club and said "FUCL YOU", so no i'll never forgive him because if any ordinary person did the things he has done they'd be in prison right now. Not getting paid a mint a playing in the Prem. The guy is a thug and doesn't care about who he hurts just so long as he gets his money.
South Stand Blue

steveo_88
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Jesus Navas
My favourite player is: Eyal Berkovic

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:23 pm

For me it has nothing to do with the fact he was a scouser i loved his honesty at times but the way he treated people he thought was not as good as him was horrible. You dont kick fuck out of someone if you think they are not that good you help them along and show them how to do it.

And the fact he said he was going to a bigger or better club , yes newcastle have a bigger attendance but you dont say that after you leave a club knowing it will piss of the fans.

And to the guy who said did i boo anelka what do you think?
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:10 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:he hasn't looked poor for Newcastle in them getting back to the Prem and this season in the top flight so far.

Just for some dispassionate balance...he's playing pretty good football right now.

cheers

In Fantasy League, his score is 25. Our only midfielder who's higher than him is Milner at 30 and part of his score came while playing for Villa.
On the field, and that's whats most important) I think Joey gave his all for City and scored quite a few important goals that kept us up in the KK an SP years.
He might have made some wrong personal choices but as a City player, I have only fond memories of him.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Patrick » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:26 pm

Fred West should have been given community service

The most vile creature to represent our club

Unfortunately he is playing well from what I have seen this season
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby Goataldo » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:29 pm

steveo_88 wrote:I WAS a backer of B*rton for a long time when he was with us but he spoiled so many chances to change his ways and every time stuck his fingers up at the club and said "FUCL YOU", so no i'll never forgive him because if any ordinary person did the things he has done they'd be in prison right now. Not getting paid a mint a playing in the Prem. The guy is a thug and doesn't care about who he hurts just so long as he gets his money.

I agree with pretty much all of that. On the pitch he was relatively outstanding at times for us. Off it, well, he was just 'off-it'.

There was a nice little microcosm of the whole situation with the 4-3 at Spurs that time. He might be a good player, but he got sent off for basically acting like a dick, and we went on and steamed it without him. Extrapolate that Joseph.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby bluebananamilksheikh » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:49 pm

Should have been sacked not sold, no excuse for what he did.
TOTAL PRICK !!!!
bluebananamilksheikh
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Champ1-6ns 12
My favourite player is: Richard Wright

Postby ronk » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:50 pm

bluebananamilksheikh wrote:Should have been sacked not sold, no excuse for what he did.
TOTAL PRICK !!!!

We needed the money. He'd have received an even bigger pay rise if we'd done that anyway.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby bluebananamilksheikh » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:16 pm

ronk wrote:
bluebananamilksheikh wrote:Should have been sacked not sold, no excuse for what he did.
TOTAL PRICK !!!!

We needed the money. He'd have received an even bigger pay rise if we'd done that anyway.

I know we were skint at the time, but I still think we should have thrown him out. If you or me did that to a work mate what would happen ?
bluebananamilksheikh
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Champ1-6ns 12
My favourite player is: Richard Wright

Postby getdressedmctavish » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:19 pm

Decent footballer but probably not Prem top four. Found his level, doing well, and as ever giving whole hearted performances.Been a twat but served time. Just treat him as another ex city lad and view with interest.Hope last nights dream doesn't come true...City1-Toon 4,lol
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby rabbit » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:13 am

Sorry to piss some guys off, but I'd have him back at City tomorrow.

Of course he said some fucking daft stuff after he left, most players are thick cunts anyway ( Ireland ) but on his day he is box to box and doesn't hide.

Then again, I'm not THAT sure...........

Peace.
rabbit
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Danny Mills' Wages

My favourite player is: Diego Armando Maradona

Postby john@staustell » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:51 am

MaseCTID wrote:I love Joey Barton and this he's quality on and off the pitch. He's a regular guy who's made it as a footballer. If someone tried setting my jacket on fire while I was wearing it and I was smoking I'd probably stub it in their face as well. If I was out with family and some little shit started saying things to my female cousin I'd throw a few punches. If I was playing for City at the time and had to chance to twat Dabo I would have done because the guy was taking the piss out of us. If some lads dad started attacking me and Richard Dunne had hold of me I'd probably bite his hand as well to get him off me so I didn't take a battering without being able to defend myself.

Just to complete the picture - have you a penchant for battering random strangers outside Maccy D's at 5 o'clock in the morning too?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Mase » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:05 am

john@staustell wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:I love Joey Barton and this he's quality on and off the pitch. He's a regular guy who's made it as a footballer. If someone tried setting my jacket on fire while I was wearing it and I was smoking I'd probably stub it in their face as well. If I was out with family and some little shit started saying things to my female cousin I'd throw a few punches. If I was playing for City at the time and had to chance to twat Dabo I would have done because the guy was taking the piss out of us. If some lads dad started attacking me and Richard Dunne had hold of me I'd probably bite his hand as well to get him off me so I didn't take a battering without being able to defend myself.

Just to complete the picture - have you a penchant for battering random strangers outside Maccy D's at 5 o'clock in the morning too?

If you re-read it mate you'll see I put that in there.
"If I was out with family and some little shit started saying things to my female cousin I'd throw a few punches"

Thanks.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby john@staustell » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:57 am

MaseCTID wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

If you re-read it mate you'll see I put that in there.
"If I was out with family and some little shit started saying things to my female cousin I'd throw a few punches"

Thanks.

Sorry mate. Get all his incidents mixed up! Bloody unlucky fella.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:00 am

Koey will be expecting the grief, to feed his own self importance. If would be better if everyone just ignored him, like we would with any other out of hs depth midfielder. Then laugh like the laughing policeman when Nige shows him what a tackle from a proper midfielder feels like.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:15 am

handed in a transfer request and then demanded a 200k loyalty bonus, I hope we lift the rafters with boo's for him. The only problem is, his best ever game in a city shirt was when we boo'd him when he played for us against Newcastle and he was MOTM and got a round of applause at the end of the game when he was subbed.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby mcfctm » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:20 pm

rabbit wrote:Sorry to piss some guys off, but I'd have him back at City tomorrow.

Of course he said some fucking daft stuff after he left, most players are thick cunts anyway ( Ireland ) but on his day he is box to box and doesn't hide.

Then again, I'm not THAT sure...........

Peace.

Tbf he's better than vieira by a country mile so if that waste of space can get in our squad so could Joey.
mcfctm
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum