Joey

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Joey

Postby mcfctm » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:57 pm

It was inevitable that someone would start a thread about him so I thought I'd get in there first. I fully expect Joey to get booed on Sunday as I know a lot of city fans don't like him but I don't understand why.

He's done some stupid things granted, but he gave his all week in week out in a dire pearce side and pretty much carried the side along with Dunney. I'm not saying he's a world beater and a lot will say he's overrated etc I'm just saying at the time he was the difference between us staying up and going down.
The only time I recall booing him was when he stupidly handed in a transfer request 2 days before the window closed, thats the only reason I can see city fans for hating him.
If fans hate him for twatting Dabo then they're just stupid beacuse the lazy twat deserved a hammering, signing a five year deal and putting in half arsed performances every time he played.

My point is I think it would be disappointing to hear him get booed on Sunday so was wondering what people's opinions of him are and what reception they think he'll get?
mcfctm
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Re: Joey

Postby Beeks » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:59 pm

Thanks Joey...
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:00 pm

Will probably get booed but in a panto style rather than any real malice I think this time around.

We have outgrown him and our midfielders, to a man, are so much better than him that most fans will just enjoy watching him chasing shadows for 90mins.

I think if we were still in pre-Sheikh takeover time he'd get booed a lot more as we'd need him in our side.

Looking forward to him taking all the freekicks, corners and long balls and not finding a team-mate with any of them :-D
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Socrates » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:02 pm

I haven't seen Newcastle play, does he still chase the ball around like a deranged lunatic?
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:13 pm

it wasnt the stupid things he did that pissed me off it was going to newcastle and saying he was going to a bigger and better club.

Same goes for anelka for me he said fenerbache was a bigger and better club. " i think it was them anyway"

When players say disrespectful things like that they lose all my respect and i would boo him.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby mcfctm » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:17 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:it wasnt the stupid things he did that pissed me off it was going to newcastle and saying he was going to a bigger and better club.

Same goes for anelka for me he said fenerbache was a bigger and better club. " i think it was them anyway"

When players say disrespectful things like that they lose all my respect and i would boo him.

Did you boo Anelka last weekend mate? Cos all I heard were a few claps.
mcfctm
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby ronk » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:44 pm

He attacked teammates more than once, he subordinated the needs of the team to his own glory, he was a thug who did huge amount of damage to the image of the club, he moaned about the fact that people only tolerated him because he was good, he set a bad example, he sowed seeds of discord over money, his agent is McKay, he was never loyal but wanted everyone to suck up to him because of his loyalty, he whored his release clause around and still wanted a loyalty payment, he ruined our form about 3 seasons in a row by doing something wildly destructive, we sometimes played better when we went down to 10 men without him, he marked his international debut with a series of stunts attempting to force himself out of the club, he was associated with racism, we couldn't retain possession, he's fallen out with managers regularly and make public statements about them, he got a pay rise for attacking and injuring a teammate but still told everyone he saved the club, he made a big deal about being top goalscorer in a team that didn't score at home in the league for 5 months, only one of those goals earned us points and that was a penalty, he stopped more talented players around him from playing, he helped relegate Newcastle and convinced Stay Given that they'd never win any trophies (I can forgive him for those last 2).

I'm not interested in how or whether he plays, just as long as he doesn't do anything dangerous, but I don't want to pretend that they were all good times. In some ways his tenure with the club was a worse time than when we were down 2 divisions.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:46 pm

I love Joey Barton and this he's quality on and off the pitch. He's a regular guy who's made it as a footballer. If someone tried setting my jacket on fire while I was wearing it and I was smoking I'd probably stub it in their face as well. If I was out with family and some little shit started saying things to my female cousin I'd throw a few punches. If I was playing for City at the time and had to chance to twat Dabo I would have done because the guy was taking the piss out of us. If some lads dad started attacking me and Richard Dunne had hold of me I'd probably bite his hand as well to get him off me so I didn't take a battering without being able to defend myself.

I met him after a Bury friendly and he seemed like a decent guy. Jim Cassell also said in an interview recently that he was a really nice lad. He's one of the only players who'd stay behind after a defeat to some shite like Oldham and talk to the fans waiting next to the City bus. He went on GMR and gave a passionate interview about the club not doing enough, which at the time was right.

I think some City fans booed him last time because after he left he gave it large about City wouldn't still be in the Premiership if it wasn't for him, Dunnie and Anelka in KK's last season. Which I suppose is right. Just some fans don't like hearing the truth.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby bluej » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:06 pm

MaseCTID wrote:I love Joey Barton and this he's quality on and off the pitch. He's a regular guy who's made it as a footballer. If someone tried setting my jacket on fire while I was wearing it and I was smoking I'd probably stub it in their face as well. If I was out with family and some little shit started saying things to my female cousin I'd throw a few punches. If I was playing for City at the time and had to chance to twat Dabo I would have done because the guy was taking the piss out of us. If some lads dad started attacking me and Richard Dunne had hold of me I'd probably bite his hand as well to get him off me so I didn't take a battering without being able to defend myself.

Talk about a stretch.

I can't see why anyone would want to defend this absolute c*nt.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Blue2 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:06 pm

mcfctm wrote:It was inevitable that someone would start a thread about him so I thought I'd get in there first. I fully expect Joey to get booed on Sunday as I know a lot of city fans don't like him but I don't understand why.

He's done some stupid things granted, but he gave his all week in week out in a dire pearce side and pretty much carried the side along with Dunney. I'm not saying he's a world beater and a lot will say he's overrated etc I'm just saying at the time he was the difference between us staying up and going down.
The only time I recall booing him was when he stupidly handed in a transfer request 2 days before the window closed, thats the only reason I can see city fans for hating him.
If fans hate him for twatting Dabo then they're just stupid beacuse the lazy twat deserved a hammering, signing a five year deal and putting in half arsed performances every time he played.

My point is I think it would be disappointing to hear him get booed on Sunday so was wondering what people's opinions of him are and what reception they think he'll get?

I know why, he is a cunt, tried to hold us to ransom not too long ago and has spoke nothing but shite about uds since he elft
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby david yearsley » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:26 pm

He may be a victim on Sun of "Who let De Jong out? "
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:30 pm

He's had his third and fourth chances at sorting out his life and after fouling up the previous times he seems to be getting it right now. Good luck to him for that on the fifth try. Mancini wants players who will work hard and I think if Joey hadn't left he'd still be in with a shout of getting in City's squad. I wonder if some of the hostility towards him comes from being a Scouser, if he'd grown up in Gorton or Longsight people might be more forgiving of his past stupid acts.
BobbyJ1956
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

My favourite player is: Ali Benarbia

Postby Fidel Castro » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:31 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:it wasnt the stupid things he did that pissed me off it was going to newcastle and saying he was going to a bigger and better club.

At the time, Fenerbahce were a bigger club than us. A lot bigger.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby simon12 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:36 pm

He`s misunderstood and a struggling artist
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Esky » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:00 pm

Still don't see how people can justify physical assault with the idea that 'Dabo was a bit shit anyway'.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Mase » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:04 pm

Esky wrote:Still don't see how people can justify physical assault with the idea that 'Dabo was a bit shit anyway'.

I was saying it tongue in cheek. However, if you got the chance to fill in Danny Mills you wouldn't?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:17 pm

he hasn't looked poor for Newcastle in them getting back to the Prem and this season in the top flight so far.

Just for some dispassionate balance...he's playing pretty good football right now.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Kladze » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:19 pm

MaseCTID wrote:I love Joey Barton and this he's quality on and off the pitch. He's a regular guy who's made it as a footballer. If someone tried setting my jacket on fire while I was wearing it and I was smoking I'd probably stub it in their face as well. If I was out with family and some little shit started saying things to my female cousin I'd throw a few punches. If I was playing for City at the time and had to chance to twat Dabo I would have done because the guy was taking the piss out of us. If some lads dad started attacking me and Richard Dunne had hold of me I'd probably bite his hand as well to get him off me so I didn't take a battering without being able to defend myself.

Sounds like you two would deserve each other.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Mase » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:22 pm

Kladze wrote:

Sounds like you two would deserve each other.

I knew you'd comment on this. Brilliant post as usual though. Have a trip to canal street tonight mate if you fancy following someone round. See how far you get.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tony P » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:01 pm

Hark the Revisionists!!!
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum