Joey

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Joey

Postby Fidel Castro » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:04 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:
BlueMoonAwoken wrote:it wasnt the stupid things he did that pissed me off it was going to newcastle and saying he was going to a bigger and better club.

Same goes for anelka for me he said fenerbache was a bigger and better club. " i think it was them anyway"

When players say disrespectful things like that they lose all my respect and i would boo him.

At the time, Fenerbahce were a bigger club than us. A lot bigger.

Im sorry but i disagree galatasary yeah ok but fenerbahce na not for me.

Bigger stadium, tons more fans, playing European football every year, challenging for titles and cups every year (no matter how 'shit' the Turkish league may be). At the time, we were trying to turn into a mid-table Premier league club after years in the lower leagues.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby s1ty m » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:54 pm

Blue2 wrote:
mcfctm wrote:It was inevitable that someone would start a thread about him so I thought I'd get in there first. I fully expect Joey to get booed on Sunday as I know a lot of city fans don't like him but I don't understand why.

He's done some stupid things granted, but he gave his all week in week out in a dire pearce side and pretty much carried the side along with Dunney. I'm not saying he's a world beater and a lot will say he's overrated etc I'm just saying at the time he was the difference between us staying up and going down.
The only time I recall booing him was when he stupidly handed in a transfer request 2 days before the window closed, thats the only reason I can see city fans for hating him.
If fans hate him for twatting Dabo then they're just stupid beacuse the lazy twat deserved a hammering, signing a five year deal and putting in half arsed performances every time he played.

My point is I think it would be disappointing to hear him get booed on Sunday so was wondering what people's opinions of him are and what reception they think he'll get?

I know why, he is a cunt, tried to hold us to ransom not too long ago and has spoke nothing but shite about uds since he elft

the truth.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:11 pm

ive a soft spot for joey, even when we were losing he appeared to give his all and at the time that was best we could hope for and was something for me to cling to in a player. I also dont like to see anyone whos come through our academy booed, afterall we in some form helped shape the man he is....
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby maf » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:38 pm

Anyone here see the "Inside sport " interview he did , talking about being touched by god . He came across as a bit soft in the head and with his previous its clear hes not all there .

Boo him , why bother wev'e moved onto better things thanks .
maf
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:05 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:
BlueMoonAwoken wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:
BlueMoonAwoken wrote:it wasnt the stupid things he did that pissed me off it was going to newcastle and saying he was going to a bigger and better club.

Same goes for anelka for me he said fenerbache was a bigger and better club. " i think it was them anyway"

When players say disrespectful things like that they lose all my respect and i would boo him.

Bigger stadium, tons more fans, playing European football every year, challenging for titles and cups every year (no matter how 'shit' the Turkish league may be). At the time, we were trying to turn into a mid-table Premier league club after years in the lower leagues.

For me it is because there is no intrest in the turkish league and he went there for money. City are not a small club if he went to barcelona or to ac milan i could understand but fenerbache i just cant forgive him.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:10 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:
BlueMoonAwoken wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:

For me it is because there is no intrest in the turkish league and he went there for money. City are not a small club if he went to barcelona or to ac milan i could understand but fenerbache i just cant forgive him.

He was on £35-40k a week with us. I don't see how they could have afforded that under any circumstances back then. Was bugger all about the money, but the direction we were going in.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Green & Blue » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:46 pm

Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Previous