The ref

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The ref

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:37 am

Was bloody top drawer in my opinion.

Can we get him for the prem? Booked a diver and several times told the moaning fucks to get up. Even made one go off for treatment for a while as he'd done the whole mock agony bit. Firm but fair!
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Re: The ref

Postby kinkylola » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:39 am

It's sad that I see any ref who will actually book a diver as a breath of fresh air now ... I'm getting so sick of diving and it has really crept into the english game in the last couple of years. Nani is the epitome of this movement, and I get so frustrated because I bet if they cracked down on it for 1 month, we would stop seeing it completely. Every dive is at least a yellow, if they dive in a situation that may have earned the defender a red card had it actually been a foul should be a red card for the diver. I bet you would notice a complete lack of diving after that. Fuck, the managers would beat it out of the players.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:37 am

Agree completely, disgusting tactic

forgot to mention he was quite suave(sp) as well. Sign him up.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Beeks » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:52 am

Agreed...Ref was brilliant last night...I hate it when they start rolling around the floor clutching a part of the body that wasn't even touched...was great to see him telling them in no uncertain terms to get up
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Kladze » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:56 am

I also agree that the ref was top notch last night. The fact that he thought he'd seen Krasic dive and booked him for it should in no way be undermined by the fact that Krasic was actually fouled - he still made an academy award winning act of it.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:58 am

I agree he was great. On 2 ocassions he could have given Juve a penalty and didn't. Any English ref would have given them especially as it was City !
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Renato_CTID » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:59 am

The most of Italian newspapers today praise for this ref expecially for Krasic the diver ... and that's great for me!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:37 am

Kladze wrote:I also agree that the ref was top notch last night. The fact that he thought he'd seen Krasic dive and booked him for it should in no way be undermined by the fact that Krasic was actually fouled - he still made an academy award winning act of it.

So it was a foul then? I haven't been ablke to stomach watching a recording of the game as I hated every minute of it but I'm close to that area & thought there may have been contact. I'd just been saying a minute or two earlier that we'd made contact with him several times & he was sometimes staying on his feet picking & choosing his moments when to go down rather than dive every time, in order to try & get an important one.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby craigmcfc » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:44 am

Very refreshing to come on after a game, especially a European one, and say how good the referee was. Thought he was excellent throughout from ignoring blatant play acting attempts to telling their coach within 5 minutes that HE was the referee, not the coach.

Very much hope we get him again in the Europa League
Last edited by craigmcfc on Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Mase » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:44 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Kladze wrote:I also agree that the ref was top notch last night. The fact that he thought he'd seen Krasic dive and booked him for it should in no way be undermined by the fact that Krasic was actually fouled - he still made an academy award winning act of it.

So it was a foul then? I haven't been ablke to stomach watching a recording of the game as I hated every minute of it but I'm close to that area & thought there may have been contact. I'd just been saying a minute or two earlier that we'd made contact with him several times & he was sometimes staying on his feet picking & choosing his moments when to go down rather than dive every time, in order to try & get an important one.

IMO he was already going down before contact, if any, was made.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Kladze » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:49 am

MaseCTID wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

The contact, for me, came first. But he made a hell of a meal of it, and was probably always going to regardless of contact or no contact.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:49 am

MaseCTID wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

After seeing the replays many times on the post match review, in both cases there was contact and neither Zabba nor Komp got anything of the ball and we were really lucky that the ref ignored both ! As I said above, I've seen English refs give them for much less.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Martinez » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:49 am

MaseCTID wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

There was contact but I thought it looked like VK was trying to pull away from the tackle and it was actually Krasic that was looking for it. No foul and correct booking imo. Zabba's challenge earlier on, well that one is debateable......

I also thought he did well but he should have booked del Piero as well when he fell over Kolo's hip, instead he got a free kick in quite a good position
Martinez
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Grob » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:54 pm

Excellent refereeing performance. Best ive seen for a while. Forget the stupid pinitickity rules, the guy used common sense and the game was managed beautifully.

And no, it wasnt a penalty. If Vinces little tap was enough to knock Krasic sprawling, im a dutchman
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby ronk » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:04 pm

The offence is simulation, it can be committed regardless of contact, though no contact does make it easier to prove.

Klasnic started over as soon as he kicked the ball and changed direction. He was long gone before it was clear that Kompany would challenge for the ball. He made contact with Kompany on the way down but that wasn't a foul.

Corradi got sent off a few years ago for a dive against the rags where there was contact. Most people here agreed it was the correct decision. You can draw a foul but you have to actually attempt to get past someone rather than run at them.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Return to The Maine Football forum