Remember who we are and where we came from

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Remember who we are and where we came from

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:01 pm

It wasn't that long ago that PSG practically dicked all over us and we struggled to overcome Twente.

Tonight we were marvellous. Even Ade, he didn't seem to do much, but he created acres of space for Tevez to shine. We totally dominated the game and looked entirely comfortable playing a team like Juventus.

Me personally, I'm one mega fucking happy blue tonight.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Re: Remember who we are and where we came from

Postby 13021J » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:04 pm

Yes we've come a long way when Juve are happy with a point. The way they celebrated their goal showed that. Good performance and in a good position to win the group.
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:06 pm

I'm not mega happy tonight.
We drew at home, imo we should've won. I felt so before the game, I felt so at HT.

But we did play ok tonight. One point more towards the next stages. It was bloody Juventus! We've come so far. The next stage is to beat them! hopefully we're there by christmas.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:10 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:I'm not mega happy tonight.
We drew at home, imo we should've won. I felt so before the game, I felt so at HT.

But we did play ok tonight. One point more towards the next stages. It was bloody Juventus! We've come so far. The next stage is to beat them! hopefully we're there by christmas.

Aye, we should've won it. And doesn't that feeling fill you with utter joy? Five minutes ago I was watching Bolton win division 1 and parading it about Maine Road, or seeing us get beat at Gigg Lane thinking Tony Scully was our next big thing, yet tonight we pretty much outclassed one of the greatest football clubs of world football.

If we can't find a sense of achievement in tonight, then what's the bloody point?
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Manx Blue » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:20 pm

I'm happy with a point and They're the top seeds don't forget.

10-12 points should see us through. 12 against Salzburg and Poznan do the job ( lthough Poznan shouldn't be underestimated)... Therefore, I feel we're on/ ahead of target at present.

Juve will be shitting clams with 2 points fom 2 games.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Kladze » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:28 pm

After the effort our players expelled against Chelsea just three days ago, it was always going to be a hard slog tonight against a team who are no mugs.

My main worry is that we may be even more shagged out by the time we get to play Newcastle - Yaya looked absolutely shattered in the second half.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:35 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:

Aye, we should've won it. And doesn't that feeling fill you with utter joy? Five minutes ago I was watching Bolton win division 1 and parading it about Maine Road, or seeing us get beat at Gigg Lane thinking Tony Scully was our next big thing, yet tonight we pretty much outclassed one of the greatest football clubs of world football.

If we can't find a sense of achievement in tonight, then what's the bloody point?

Of course I can find sense of achievement here! Doesn't mean though I should be MEGA FUCKING HAPPY. I would be if we had just won but we didn't. If we beat Newcastle on Sunday I will be mega fucking happy.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Deyna » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:35 pm

Kladze wrote:After the effort our players expelled against Chelsea just three days ago, it was always going to be a hard slog tonight against a team who are no mugs.

My main worry is that we may be even more shagged out by the time we get to play Newcastle - Yaya looked absolutely shattered in the second half.

A little bit OT, but how do you get saturday noon to thursday evening to three days...? :)
Deyna
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Manx Blue » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:36 pm

Kladze wrote:After the effort our players expelled against Chelsea just three days ago, it was always going to be a hard slog tonight against a team who are no mugs.

And some people vented about us going out in the CC last week!!
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby Rae4685 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:42 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:It wasn't that long ago that PSG practically dicked all over us and we struggled to overcome Twente.

Tonight we were marvellous. Even Ade, he didn't seem to do much, but he created acres of space for Tevez to shine. We totally dominated the game and looked entirely comfortable playing a team like Juventus.

Me personally, I'm one mega fucking happy blue tonight.

I disagree with everything you just typed
Rae4685
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:46 pm

There are not many fans who can mention Gigg Lane and Juventus in the same sentence, so yes there is some perspective there ;)

Tbh i was surprised how well Juve played, they really put a shift in tonight and fair dues to them.. if you work like that then you are never going to be easy to beat. Their goal was out of the blue and caught us out. But City dominated pretty much the whole game.

I want also to say that even though he didnt have the best time out there Adebayor possibly worked as hard as i have ever seen him in a City shirt.. well done Ade.. and get in there for the barcodes.

The return in Torino is going to be interesting methinks
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:48 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:

Of course I can find sense of achievement here! Doesn't mean though I should be MEGA FUCKING HAPPY. I would be if we had just won but we didn't. If we beat Newcastle on Sunday I will be mega fucking happy.

Fair point, I have been a bit over exuberant in my choice of words. And aye, I agree with you.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:50 pm

Ignore this.
Last edited by KinkyKinkladze on Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby simon12 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:54 pm

Funny football isn`t it. I would give the first half to them and the second to us. I agree they put a shift in. I also think a few midfielders had lead in their boots not so much lethargic more first touch and definately pass completion.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby ronk » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:56 pm

You might also worry about what the gap is from Saturday to Thursday.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Feed The Goat » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:56 pm

How fat was del piero?
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:59 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:How fat was del piero?

Can't half take a free kick though eh?
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby blues-clues » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:00 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:How fat was del piero?

Fat but reminded of me of Didi Hamann insofar as he could draw a foul with the drop of a hip.. Hits a pretty fair free kick too.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:08 pm

What a load of fucking tripe. We were absolute shite tonight & dead lucky against a team who most other top 6 teams & some others like Everton would just steamroller into the fucking ground. Every corner we had was a fucking nightmare for them but we were so fucking inept that we went inside all the time rather than using the great big fucking yawning gaps they left us to run into out wide, so rather than building pressure & turning them round we played in front of them while they all stood in a fucking line & let them get away without conceding many corners. They didn't even get that right either, letting us pass straight through the middle of them for the goal.

Absolute fucking uselsess, clueless. poncing, weak, pointless, boring, wanky, bullshit football. Thank Christ it was Juventus & not Everton or Spurs because they would have absolutely fucked us up. Mind you I suppose we'd have our 10 men behind the ball v them so wouldn't have to attack too much.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:09 pm

If this were a two legged tie a 1-1 is a bad result, but in the context of this group its a good point. Beat Poznan and Salzburg at home abd that will do us - the Poznan home game is the pivotal one for us really. Win that and the group opens right up for us. What tonight taught was that Juve are still a useful side and we dont want to have to go to Turin in December still needing something to qualify.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum