Adebayor

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Adebayor

Postby failsworthblue » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:25 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
shawzy wrote:I like Ade.Always have.. Didn't play well tonight but neither did half the team.
On another note.It must be very hard for Mancini to just walk into the richest club in the world and deal with players from 2 previous managers.Especially when there whinging with hints to the press.
Ade your a fuckin top player when your head is on the game but stfu and fight for your place like Nige has.

I think the squad Mancini has got is fantastic & the main reason we beat Chelsea, is the exact same reason we can't beat Blackburn or Juventus; him. Harry the Twat would have put out an 11 from that squad playing English style football, who would have pulverised Juve tonight. Mancini played into their hands & was tactically outclassed by their manager from start to finish.

Totally Agree
Mancini needs to learn to let the "handcuffs" off
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby failsworthblue » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:31 pm

Grob wrote:He gives off a lazy, uninterested vibe, regardless of ability.

He'll be gone by this time next year. Off all the first team strikers contracted to the club, I expect only Tevez and Ballotelli to be here next season

He will be gone in Jan.

We look so lightweight upfront at the moment , if Tevez gets injured we are f***ked.

Mancini will be back in the market there is to much riding on it.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby sandman » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:05 pm

Yawn... The latest in a long long line of boo boys that the lads of MCF.Net are slagging off and attempting to destroy the confidence of.

Last season he missed a lot of games for various reasons, many of which he could notbe held accountable for, yet he still scored 14 in 26 league appearances, which is a great record by anyones standards. Adebayor has come into this season having not had regular football for a long long time now, and then he has had an injury to content with.

Once the guy has played regular football for our club then I will form my opinion of him, but for now I wish people would shut the fuck up criticising until he has had a fair chance to prove himself.

For me he had a decent first 20 mins where I personally remember seeing him track well back on several occasions, he really got stuck in and covered a lot of ground early on and so became fatigued, disappeared from the game and had to be substituted. I thought he looked alright all things considered, if he is eased back in over the Newcastle, Blackpool and Lech Poznan games then he should be a real threat against Arsenal, plus he will give Tevez a bit of support and rest when necessary as its a long season and we are relying too much on one man.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:38 pm

Serious question. Does anyone think Bobby has the balls to play ade against arse?
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby dazby » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:16 pm

He should. He's been best on ground for both previous matches.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby the_georgian_genius » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:46 pm

Adebayor is a confidence player. He has none at the moment.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Dameerto » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:54 am

He plays best when he feels wanted, basically.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Green & Blue » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:36 am

Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor has hinted that he would like a switch to Italian club Juventus.

The African striker has only managed three appearances in the Premier League this season after seemingly falling out of favour under manager Roberto Mancini.

Mancini insists the 26-year-old remains in his plans despite his lack of goals in recent games, but speculation has mounted that the Togolese star is trying to engineer a move to the Old Lady.

Adebayor admits that he can see himself in the Juve shirt, and has issued a come-and-get-me plea to the Turin-based side.

"I'd like to play in Italy and I can see myself in black and white stripes," he told Tuttosport.

"I talked it over with Patrick Vieira, who holds excellent memories of the season he spent in Turin.

"Your (Italian) football focuses a lot on technique and I like it. I had already been in talks for a move to Juve during Fabio Capello's time at the club, but nothing ever came of it.

"At the time I was very young, but now I am fully mature.

"I am going through a delicate moment in my career and something has to change. I am not annoyed with (Roberto) Mancini and we have an honest rapport, but we can't go on like this indefinitely.

"Therefore, if Juve want me..."

Controversial
Before moving to City for £25million last summer, Adebayor spent three years at Arsenal and he enraged Gunners supporters last season by running the length of the Eastlands pitch to celebrate after scoring against his old side.

But his potency in front of goal this term has left boss Mancini opting to leave him on the bench for the most part, and the Italian says he needs to start scoring if he wants a regular place in the team.

He remarked: "I am happy with his performance but what I would like is for Emmanuel to score a goal.

"We need him to score goals. That is what we are working for."

City take on Newcastle in the Premier League on Sunday but Mancini may opt to leave Adebayor on the bench, favouring Carlos Tevez in a lone role up front
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum