Adebayor

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Adebayor

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:23 pm

shawzy wrote:I like Ade.Always have.. Didn't play well tonight but neither did half the team.
On another note.It must be very hard for Mancini to just walk into the richest club in the world and deal with players from 2 previous managers.Especially when there whinging with hints to the press.
Ade your a fuckin top player when your head is on the game but stfu and fight for your place like Nige has.

I think the squad Mancini has got is fantastic & the main reason we beat Chelsea, is the exact same reason we can't beat Blackburn or Juventus; him. Harry the Twat would have put out an 11 from that squad playing English style football, who would have pulverised Juve tonight. Mancini played into their hands & was tactically outclassed by their manager from start to finish.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby dazby » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:25 pm

Ade frustrated me tonight. He'll grab a couple on the weekend.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Rae4685 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:28 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
blues-clues wrote:If Adebayor had played right tonight he would have made AJ look really good. As it was AJ rarely had an option but to try and take on another defender. Numerous threads and comments about our wingers but somehow Ade wasn't the target man in the box we needed/wanted. I think Silva is class and he will be mint in due course, I was chuffed to see him and AJ swapping wings, they should do that more often.

Have to say one thing though our goal was FUCKIN SWEET

AJ was absolutely fucking pathetic in everything he did bar the goal. Adebayor got one good cross, which he fucked up, from Tevez & a couple of nearly great balls from Boateng & Vieira. Johnson has barely produced one decent ball for City so far this season & tonight was as bad a performance from a wide player as you could ever see.

When he's got no fucker in the middle cos tevez is on the left and ade runs over towards him when he's on the right then what the fuck do you want him to do? crap formation AGAIN play ade and tevez and then stick one on the left because you refuse to change your tactics ffs
Rae4685
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:38 pm

Rae4685 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
blues-clues wrote:If Adebayor had played right tonight he would have made AJ look really good. As it was AJ rarely had an option but to try and take on another defender. Numerous threads and comments about our wingers but somehow Ade wasn't the target man in the box we needed/wanted. I think Silva is class and he will be mint in due course, I was chuffed to see him and AJ swapping wings, they should do that more often.

AJ was absolutely fucking pathetic in everything he did bar the goal. Adebayor got one good cross, which he fucked up, from Tevez & a couple of nearly great balls from Boateng & Vieira. Johnson has barely produced one decent ball for City so far this season & tonight was as bad a performance from a wide player as you could ever see.

When he's got no fucker in the middle cos tevez is on the left and ade runs over towards him when he's on the right then what the fuck do you want him to do? crap formation AGAIN play ade and tevez and then stick one on the left because you refuse to change your tactics ffs

I expect him to go past the fullback & put the ball into the 6 yard box with his other foot, then do it again, then do it again. Then go back on his left foot & put a great ball into the danger area as the fullback expects him to go down the line again. Then go past him & put another ball in with his right foot, then do it again. I don't expect him to turn inside & give the ball to someone who plays for the other team. If those things are too much for him, I suggest he fucks off so we can sign someone who will do it because it's his fucking job.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:39 pm

Svensational wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:
Svensational wrote:FUCK OFF.

Pissed me right off tonight....piss poor performance....shit attitude....cant stay onside.

Im very cynical about Ade these days but you are just plain wrong. He looked like he was trying tonight and did ok.

How am I "plain" wrong?

TRYING? for how long, 20mins? The game lasts for 90mins. He looked OK in the first 20mins and thats it.

Look.. read my posts if you doubt how much i think he has been a waste of space.. im ready for us to get shut.. but he put more work in tonight than his last 3 games combined. Im not saying he was good or anything even approaching it, but he looked like he was trying harder to me and i would give him a couple of starts to try and prove he can offer something..

..than just being offside!
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:42 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
shawzy wrote:I like Ade.Always have.. Didn't play well tonight but neither did half the team.
On another note.It must be very hard for Mancini to just walk into the richest club in the world and deal with players from 2 previous managers.Especially when there whinging with hints to the press.
Ade your a fuckin top player when your head is on the game but stfu and fight for your place like Nige has.

I think the squad Mancini has got is fantastic & the main reason we beat Chelsea, is the exact same reason we can't beat Blackburn or Juventus; him. Harry the Twat would have put out an 11 from that squad playing English style football, who would have pulverised Juve tonight. Mancini played into their hands & was tactically outclassed by their manager from start to finish.

We need a jobshare thing.. ive heard it is the modern way.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:44 pm

Agree he worked hard but that's not really his game is it?

Tevez is brilliant at running a million miles an hour all game. Are is meant t be the lazy fucker that scores approx every 90-180 mins.

That's how I like it as well.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:52 pm

Svensational wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
I expect him to go past the fullback & put the ball into the 6 yard box with his other foot, then do it again, then do it again. Then go back on his left foot & put a great ball into the danger area as the fullback expects him to go down the line again. Then go past him & put another ball in with his right foot, then do it again. I don't expect him to turn inside & give the ball to someone who plays for the other team. If those things are too much for him, I suggest he fucks off so we can sign someone who will do it because it's his fucking job.

So you dont like Adam Johnson then?

I think he's got all the talent needed to be the best wide player in the business & was delighted we signed him. I watched him a lot for Boro/England U21's where his weakness was losing the ball by being too greedy & failing to produce a final ball in spite of having the ability to deliver with both feet. Without that final ball, he's a waste of a shirt, which is exactly what he was tonight.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Rae4685 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:57 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Rae4685 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

What's the point In him doing that if there's nobody in the fucking box? Anyway aj has been apart from tevez our only threat for most games and if this is tge reaction you give him after 1 bad game then youve got issues

Rae4685
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:08 pm

Rae4685 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Rae4685 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

What's the point In him doing that if there's nobody in the fucking box? Anyway aj has been apart from tevez our only threat for most games and if this is tge reaction you give him after 1 bad game then youve got issues

Imo Johnson has been worth his place on one occasion, v Liverpool. He scored a nice finish tonight but was diabolical at everything else. Other than that goal & his pen won v pool, he has no assists & hasn't looked like creating any, v anyone. If he doesn't improve that part of his game he'll drift out of the team. If he does sort it out, he'll be a fantastic player perhaps world class, it's up to him. At the moment though, he's more Buster Phillips than Ryan Giggs.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:38 am

Last night there was no difference between Tevez and Adebayor; both couldn't pass, both got tackled everytime they got the ball, both ran around alot with no result, both wasted chances.

It was a 6 out of 10 performance from them both. What annoyed me at the game whilst in the South Stand was whenever Ade got tackled or lost the ball the boo boys were starting to grumble. When Tevez did exactly the same thing he got cheered and well done for trying.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby bluej » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:00 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Last night there was no difference between Tevez and Adebayor; both couldn't pass, both got tackled everytime they got the ball, both ran around alot with no result, both wasted chances.

It was a 6 out of 10 performance from them both. What annoyed me at the game whilst in the South Stand was whenever Ade got tackled or lost the ball the boo boys were starting to grumble. When Tevez did exactly the same thing he got cheered and well done for trying.

I see what you're saying but there was still a major difference, Tevez chased back 40+ yards to win the ball back (including one where he ended up somewhere near our own corner) whereas Adebayor just threw his hands up in the air. I personally think Adebayor played ok, and if he had been a bit more aware/controlled his passing then he would have had a better game. It was nice to see us line up with two strikers - if we had had two wingers as well it might have been more balanced.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mase » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:20 am

xavi6 wrote:Thought he did fine and led the line well.

Somehow I don't think some folk will be happy unless he bangs in a hattrick every game.

Or he could just start with showing a bit of effort? Dickov wasn't the greatest goalscorer but we loved him.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Renato_CTID » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:46 am

Svensational wrote:FUCK OFF.

Pissed me right off tonight....piss poor performance....shit attitude....cant stay onside.

Disagree with you, Sven! We need another striker because season is too long to resist only with Tevez, Balotelli and Jo.
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:11 am

branny wrote:I just wish he had the same attitude as Tevez. I didn't think it was possible for anybody to outdo Benjani when it comes to offside.

To have the same attitude as Tevez is a tall order not only for Ade but for any player. No player that I see now on a regular basis either in the Premier League or in Europe can match Tevez's attitude or work rate.

On Ade, I think he did OK for his first start aftre a long layoff. Clearly he's not match fit both mentally and physically and will improve, given more playing time.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Grob » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:35 pm

He gives off a lazy, uninterested vibe, regardless of ability.

He'll be gone by this time next year. Off all the first team strikers contracted to the club, I expect only Tevez and Ballotelli to be here next season
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Dameerto » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:53 pm

I think it's a bit unfair to give Tevez a few matches to get himself matchfit but to expect Ade to perform every time during his sporradic appearances - his touch last night WAS appalling but let's give him another two or three matches (hopefully with not too many breaks inbetween) before we start getting on his back. Just having him on the pitch gave thier defenders something to worry about and his movement (when onside) created space for others to exploit.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:43 pm

Dameerto wrote:I think it's a bit unfair to give Tevez a few matches to get himself matchfit but to expect Ade to perform every time during his sporradic appearances - his touch last night WAS appalling but let's give him another two or three matches (hopefully with not too many breaks inbetween) before we start getting on his back. Just having him on the pitch gave thier defenders something to worry about and his movement (when onside) created space for others to exploit.

You are absolutely right. Your post and the previous one by Grob pretty much sum up the whole situation.. Ade should be given a chance to show his value and commitment at least one last time, but the tide is turning / has turned for some / against Ade.

He can change that because as we have seen he has the ability, but as Grob says unless there is a turn around he is gone.
Personally because of his value when trying and on form i would give him, in plan, another 3 league games. Barcodes, Blackpool and Arse. But if he didn't respond by the end of the Blackpool game i would already have my doubts it would be worth it and bench him for Arsenal on the basis he is too much of a risk. If he kicks in and gets his finger out then run with him.. but sit him down and tell him basically he is on probation till January at least and every game or part game he plays he has to show the same level of commitment. He needs to understand there is a basic standard he has to achieve in every game, no questions and no excuses.

It seems to me though that Mancini is piling the pressure on Ade now and we are approaching crunch time.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby HeyMark » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:00 pm

He's the new boo boy atm, no doubt about it
HeyMark

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:27 pm

HeyMark wrote:He's the new boo boy atm, no doubt about it

If he puts in a blinder and scores a couple all will be forgiven for a while and he will get a chance from the fans to prove himself.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum