***Official City v Juventus Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official City v Juventus Match Thread***

Postby Swales4ever » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:09 am

While I am always keen to respect any moan from Teddy, as the most genuine feedback of His continous quest for a wonderfull, hyper-paced, sparkling two-wingers old fashioned footy, I'd also like to reiterate - once again - the obvious:
a) City is still a work in progress which need time to gel as it had been for every winning side in the history;
b) Very important parts of the game-plan machine (i.e. the 2 FBs and the main striker/up front target) are still missing, also partly affecting the developement as per point a) above.

Everyone who has enough football brain may have noticed what an injection of over-pace and delivering options an half fit J.Boateng brought to the City game - now please do imagine of what it might be when the attacking/fine delivering FBs will be TWO and fit (JB and AK) and Carlito will be freed to cut deep and roam by having Balotelli opening space to him (and AJ, DS, JM, YT too)...

There are no Mancunian more upset that me by City being held at home by the fucking cheating mafiosi bianconeri bastards, but just take it as another step further in the becoming/learning process [as per a very wise post from John68, last season]... City shall definitely pass through the group stage to KO phase, and just hope the Lads will have enough energies to grab 3 dirtyt points at Newcastle, which is a far more game for the season progress than this apparently most prestigious clash.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Slim » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:21 am

MANCIO4EVER wrote:While I am always keen to respect any moan from Teddy, as the most genuine feedback of His continous quest for a wonderfull, hyper-paced, sparkling two-wingers old fashioned footy, I'd also like to reiterate - once again - the obvious:
a) City is still a work in progress which need time to gel as it had been for every winning side in the history;
b) Very important parts of the game-plan machine (i.e. the 2 FBs and the main striker/up front target) are still missing, also partly affecting the developement as per point a) above.

Everyone who has enough football brain may have noticed what an injection of over-pace and delivering options an half fit J.Boateng brought to the City game - now please do imagine of what it might be when the attacking/fine delivering FBs will be TWO and fit (JB and AK) and Carlito will be freed to cut deep and roam by having Balotelli opening space to him (and AJ, DS, JM, YT too)...

There are no Mancunian more upset that me by City being held at home by the fucking cheating mafiosi bianconeri bastards, but just take it as another step further in the becoming/learning process [as per a very wise post from John68, last season]... City shall definitely pass through the group stage to KO phase, and just hope the Lads will have enough energies to grab 3 dirtyt points at Newcastle, which is a far more game for the season progress than this apparently most prestigious clash.

If you are a Mancunian then I am Kermit the Frog.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:53 am

ThisIsOurCity wrote:It was a bit like finally seeing a film that you've waited ages for and discovering
it's not as good as you thought it would be. Ultimately very very disappointing, at
times our passing made it seem like we were playing a training game. The pace
of the game was so slow it acted as a soporific. I was praying for Nige to come on
and inject a bit of bite and aggression to our play but to no avail. Milner had little or
no impact on the game, Johnson was well under par, despite the goal, Ade blew his
chance IMHO, Tev 100% as always but as he got more and more frustrated his passing
went awry. Vieira trys hard but it's like watching your grandad play with
his grandkids at times, just way too slow. Oh well joint top with Poznan and they're
our next game. Hopefully we'll have a bit more ambition by then.

I'm exact opposite. I fully expected it to be shit game and was somewhat pleasantly surprised. I expected us to lose 0-1 and when that first went in I thought "here we go". However it wasn't as bad as it could've been and the equaliser was buzz.

I've thought we've lacked "ambition" in couple of games this season but certainly not last night.

It's funny though, I've spent about month now trying to stay away from this site during the games and immediate aftermath. It's funny how differently I see things often. Sometimes I've been quite happy with the game, yet people are saying we were shite or whatever.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby john@staustell » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:58 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
ThisIsOurCity wrote:It was a bit like finally seeing a film that you've waited ages for and discovering
it's not as good as you thought it would be. Ultimately very very disappointing, at
of the game was so slow it acted as a soporific. I was praying for Nige to come on
and inject a bit of bite and aggression to our play but to no avail. Milner had little or
no impact on the game, Johnson was well under par, despite the goal, Ade blew his
chance IMHO, Tev 100% as always but as he got more and more frustrated his passing
his grandkids at times, just way too slow. Oh well joint top with Poznan and they're

I'm exact opposite. I fully expected it to be shit game and was somewhat pleasantly surprised. I expected us to lose 0-1 and when that first went in I thought "here we go". However it wasn't as bad as it could've been and the equaliser was buzz.

I've thought we've lacked "ambition" in couple of games this season but certainly not last night.

It's funny though, I've spent about month now trying to stay away from this site during the games and immediate aftermath. It's funny how differently I see things often. Sometimes I've been quite happy with the game, yet people are saying we were shite or whatever.

That's because, of very long tradition, many City fans see everything in black & white, no in between, especially in the emotion of a match and it's immediate aftermath. If we weren't brilliant we were shite! If we weren't shite we were amazing. Absolutely no middle ground!!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:01 am

john@staustell wrote:

That's because, of very long tradition, many City fans see everything in black & white, no in between, especially in the emotion of a match and it's immediate aftermath. If we weren't brilliant we were shite! If we weren't shite we were amazing. Absolutely no middle ground!!

I'm the same during the match but often when I sleep over it, I feel much better next day. I didn't think we were brilliant, nor did I think we were shite. There were some players who I wanted to see more of and some who played well.

Besides 1-1 is very decent result at this stage. Hammer Poznan, which I think we will, and get a draw at Torino and we'll win the group. Just beat Poznan and we are through which is the only aim of the group stages anyway.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Crossie » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:34 am

When Johnson plays on the right wing, any side thats done its homework against us knows that he HAS to cut inside, their fullback and a covering DM or winger cut off his options 9 times out of 10.

To get round that problem, the right back needs to be within 10 - 15 yards of Johnson, to provide the overlap and right footed crossing option.

Boyata, bless him, is not a full back, and was shit scared of moving forward, or passing too far forward and generally not interested in joining in the attack. either because he has no confidence in his forward play, or Mancini told him dont you dare fuck up, leaving Boyata shit scared.

Barry limits us, what is he? We have better DM's, we have better left wingers, we have better left backs, and we have better CM's and AM's. IMO Barry becomes a weak link, too slow to offer anything, occassional late run into the box gets him 4 or 5 goals a season but unless he passes on his left foot, he's abit wank. When he fucks up, he seems to lack the mobility to bust a gut in and get the ball back.

Adebayor, I dont want to start.

We do need Balotteli, I know its easy to big someone up when their injured, and we havent really seen anything of him, to properly judge him, but from what we've seen, he is the physical Drogba style presence that can push us up another notch.

Damn these injuries.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby bluej » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:04 am

Crossie wrote:Boyata, bless him, is not a full back, and was shit scared of moving forward, or passing too far forward and generally not interested in joining in the attack. either because he has no confidence in his forward play, or Mancini told him dont you dare fuck up, leaving Boyata shit scared.

Yeah I'd agree with this, I don't understand why they didn't put Toure out on the right and have Boyata alongside VK.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mase » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:16 am

Crossie wrote:When Johnson plays on the right wing, any side thats done its homework against us knows that he HAS to cut inside, their fullback and a covering DM or winger cut off his options 9 times out of 10.

Not really though mate. He's got us about three pens so far by the defender thinking he's going to cut inside, while dribbling in the box, but actually going right and the defender bringing him down because of this.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Renato_CTID » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:02 am

It was a game between two works in progress for me. It was a hard but very good game which give me hope about our beloved Blues future!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:24 am

john@staustell wrote:

I'm the same during the match but often when I sleep over it, I feel much better next day. I didn't think we were brilliant, nor did I think we were shite. There were some players who I wanted to see more of and some who played well.

Besides 1-1 is very decent result at this stage. Hammer Poznan, which I think we will, and get a draw at Torino and we'll win the group. Just beat Poznan and we are through which is the only aim of the group stages anyway.

Seeing as they gave Juve more problems than we did though (& we were at home), it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we could again drop points. The following game after Poznan will be home to Arsenal so Mancini will be very likely to put out a weakened side. If we do drop points in that game, we're potentially in deep deep shit. The away leg in Posnan falls before an away game at West Brom & then a mid week derby so Mancini will again rest players. We could end up needing a win or draw away at Juve to go through. We have Everton at home following that game.

If you take the money/reputation factor out of it, base things on performance & include the possibility of injuries, we are in a genuine 3 way battle after last night's result. Lets hope we win the next game.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beeks » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:33 am

I disagree Ted...I think Bobby will play a strong side in Europe until we have qualified...if we qualify early then I think the kids might get a run out in whatever games remain
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:42 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I disagree Ted...I think Bobby will play a strong side in Europe until we have qualified...if we qualify early then I think the kids might get a run out in whatever games remain

When I say a weakened side, I mean like last night's with perhaps Vieira etc in it. I recon a repeat performance will be a borderline draw/loss in the next game, we really need to up the levels in every department. Not convinced Juve were that good at all last night & the poles got 3 v them.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:43 am

bluej wrote:
Crossie wrote:Boyata, bless him, is not a full back, and was shit scared of moving forward, or passing too far forward and generally not interested in joining in the attack. either because he has no confidence in his forward play, or Mancini told him dont you dare fuck up, leaving Boyata shit scared.

Yeah I'd agree with this, I don't understand why they didn't put Toure out on the right and have Boyata alongside VK.

I thought the same in the other match when Boyata came in at RB. Toure can and has played at RB at Arsenal and it is clear he likes to go forward and is good at it.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Swales4ever » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:45 am

Slim wrote:
MANCIO4EVER wrote:While I am always keen to respect any moan from Teddy, as the most genuine feedback of His continous quest for a wonderfull, hyper-paced, sparkling two-wingers old fashioned footy, I'd also like to reiterate - once again - the obvious:

If you are a Mancunian then I am Kermit the Frog.

Can You just highlight to me, which exact part of my post drove your fine Q.I. to understand that I was stating I am a Mancunian?
Mind You Kermit might feel abused by that....

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Mase » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:46 am

Dubaimancityfan wrote:
bluej wrote:

I thought the same in the other match when Boyata came in at RB. Toure can and has played at RB at Arsenal and it is clear he likes to go forward and is good at it.

I don't think there's any need to disrupt Kolo and Vinnie at the moment. They're doing well together and seeing as though it is their first season starting together as a pairing, they're still learning each others games.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beeks » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:49 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I disagree Ted...I think Bobby will play a strong side in Europe until we have qualified...if we qualify early then I think the kids might get a run out in whatever games remain

When I say a weakened side, I mean like last night's with perhaps Vieira etc in it. I recon a repeat performance will be a borderline draw/loss in the next game, we really need to up the levels in every department. Not convinced Juve were that good at all last night & the poles got 3 v them.

I think that against the poles the old lady was a little more relaxed...I don't think they treated us in the same way and set up very defensively which probably relates to the respective scorelines

Personally I think we will win our next group game comfortably
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:53 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

I think that against the poles the old lady was a little more relaxed...I don't think they treated us in the same way and set up very defensively which probably relates to the respective scorelines

Personally I think we will win our next group game comfortably

I hope so, because the last thing we need is a tooth & nail battle in Poland followed by one in Italy, in the middle of a Premier League battle.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum