How many on Thursday ?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: How many on Thursday ?

Postby Mark Garrett » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:12 pm

We're playing Juventus, it's our most glamour home tie of the group, we have just beaten Chelsea at Eastlands, we're 4th in the lge, the tickets are very reasonably priced and the club have made a great gesture of a 3 for the price of 2 offer. Attendance should be 40,000 plus really and hopefully a very good atmosphere.
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby the_georgian_genius » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:21 pm

Some lad on Bluemoon has said we had sold 32k so far. Hopefully we can get 8,000 odd tommorrow, don't know whether that 32k includes a full juventus allocation as i've heard they have sold out, so that would be 35k in total.

Should really be just under full house this.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby john68 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:08 am

Televised and sandwiched between Chelsea and Newcastle home games. Affordability must come into it for some...3 games in a week is a big ask for family men...also the kids are at school the next day....Not expecting a huge attendance.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby paulh » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:47 am

32k to be fair my seat is south stand upper near front. my work commitments changed monday enabling me to go managed to get my seat monday
paulh
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: gareth barry

Postby sandman » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:40 am

I cant see it being over 33k, we rarely sell out on weeknights, not usually even close.
sandman

Supporter of: City

Postby john68 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:00 am

Just slightly Doomie (tangential) to this topic....Something I have noticed over the years of taking rags to the swamp is how small the ratio of children is to adults. There are kids but not really that many in relation to older people. Through their ticketting policy and possibly their arrogance, the rags seem to have badly neglected their next generation of fans.
City on the other hand have worked hard on this for many years, starting with the Junior Blues and continuing with the strategies to attract families and children.

The ratio of kids to adults at CoMS is extremely high and will always have an effect on week night gates.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby ronk » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:19 am

8pm on a Thursday is a killer. I'd been looking at getting over for a game but there's no feasible way to make the last flight and the even the early flight the following day would be far to late to make work (I only work Friday mornings at the moment, and cover isn't an option).
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby ashton287 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:06 pm

Think 30K, Poznan will be the biggest attendace i think with loads of them buying seats in our end.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby blues-clues » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:19 pm

john68 wrote:Just slightly Doomie (tangential) to this topic....Something I have noticed over the years of taking rags to the swamp is how small the ratio of children is to adults. There are kids but not really that many in relation to older people. Through their ticketting policy and possibly their arrogance, the rags seem to have badly neglected their next generation of fans.
City on the other hand have worked hard on this for many years, starting with the Junior Blues and continuing with the strategies to attract families and children.

The ratio of kids to adults at CoMS is extremely high and will always have an effect on week night gates.

Two things:
1 Dont you have any standards?
2 Dont the London Cabbies object to you knicking their rides?
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby john68 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:58 pm

My attitude to taking rags to the swamp is simple....I love it...they give me their money and i spend it on City. I make certain that they are aware that their hard earned cash goes directly into the city coffers and i often thank them for financially supporting City. That usually goes down a treat.
There are so many funny stories, some I have previously recounted on here about my trips to the swamp and cab encounters with rags.
The American girl who wanted to know what a real madrid was.
The Irish rags who turned up on the wrong day and flew back out before kick off.
The irish rags who didn't know where Manchester was, flew to Birmingham, booked a hotel there, got a return train ticket before checking whether there were any return trains, got my cab to Brum and missed the last 20 mins of the game.
The Japanese guys who spoke no English, that I taught to say red shit...and they shouted it out at the swamp.
The guy from Sheffield who asked if all cab drivers were city fans, cos he'd only been twice and had been abused both times. (It was me previously too).
The numerous rags I have (innocently?) taken to the cricket ground.
The foreign rags I have told I can't take because it is illegal to take anyone in a rags' shirt...and they beleive this shit.

I love rags in my cab...
john68

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:19 pm

john68 wrote:My attitude to taking rags to the swamp is simple....I love it...they give me their money and i spend it on City. I make certain that they are aware that their hard earned cash goes directly into the city coffers and i often thank them for financially supporting City. That usually goes down a treat.
There are so many funny stories, some I have previously recounted on here about my trips to the swamp and cab encounters with rags.
The Irish rags who turned up on the wrong day and flew back out before kick off.
The irish rags who didn't know where Manchester was, flew to Birmingham, booked a hotel there, got a return train ticket before checking whether there were any return trains, got my cab to Brum and missed the last 20 mins of the game.
The Japanese guys who spoke no English, that I taught to say red shit...and they shouted it out at the swamp.
The guy from Sheffield who asked if all cab drivers were city fans, cos he'd only been twice and had been abused both times. (It was me previously too).
The foreign rags I have told I can't take because it is illegal to take anyone in a rags' shirt...and they beleive this shit.

I love rags in my cab...

Top stuff John. I always used to delight in giving wrong directions to the day trip Rags in Manchester from around the globe, who when they asked for help were sent on the tram towards Bury, or off to Maine Road telling them to go sightseeing in Moss Side too.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:20 pm

john68 wrote:My attitude to taking rags to the swamp is simple....I love it...they give me their money and i spend it on City. I make certain that they are aware that their hard earned cash goes directly into the city coffers and i often thank them for financially supporting City. That usually goes down a treat.

I love rags in my cab...

Legendary
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby blues-clues » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:34 pm

I love rags in my cab...

Good man! Top answer!
I guess you knew my Q was slightly tongue in cheek but as it provoked the best post of the day I am glad I asked.
I guess the price you charge is regulated by the coucil or some such bollocks. It would be great to pull up outside the swamp and tell the punter
John "That'll be £50 please"
Punter "What the fuck I am not paying that what a rip off"
John "Wait until you get inside chum then you'll realise that £50 on a taxi ride is the best deal you will do all day!"
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby john68 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:01 pm

I suppose the sweetest irony is when rags' day trippers ask whether it is easy to hire a taxi back to the city centre after a match.
I have to tell them that even though we have over 1,000 licensed taxis in Manchester, it is a criminal offence for us to ply for hire outside the swamp.
"We are licensed for Manchester....The swamp is not in Manchester."

Then they think I am really winding 'em up...when I'm not.
john68

Postby Beeks » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:10 pm

not bad for a televised Thursday night game
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby blues-clues » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:26 pm

john@staustell wrote:35,135

And we have a winner! Close anyway 35,212 according to auntie beeb.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby The Foggy Blue » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:27 pm

Nice number. Well done all. Wish i was there....
The Foggy Blue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby 9secondlegend » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:56 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:35,212

not bad for a televised Thursday night game

ive already had the red cunts on facebook on about the fancy dress (blue seats)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
9secondlegend

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:58 pm

I thought it was more than 35k
the_georgian_genius

Postby john68 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:50 am

It will probably not enter their tiny little minds to correlate that the empty seats were all around the Juve fans in the away section. I thought it was a pretty decent turnout from the City fans.
john68

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum