Ratings vs. Chelsea

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ratings vs. Chelsea

Postby Fidel Castro » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:06 pm

Hart - 6: Incredibly, had fuckall to do really.
Boyata - 8: Thought he'd be the weak link prior to kick-off, especially at right-back but he was brilliant. Looked pretty good on the ball too, which surprised me.
Kolo - 9: Most improved player. Ever. Won just about everything and got across to cover on numerous occasions.
Kompo - 10: Looks like he is going to fulfill his 'Football Manager potential'. He really is THAT good.
Zabba - 8: Apart from his usual mad moment, he was never really troubled and made some very important tackles and interceptions.
de Jong - 10: Think he won just about everything and he actually got involved in setting up attacks today. Gotta love his tackling.
Barry - 8: Moved the ball around very well. Nothing spectacular but oh so efficient.
Yaya - 7: Thought he was a bit more sloppy than usual, both on the ball and in his tackling. That run into their box in the second halfwas something else though.
Milner - 5: Great work-rate but his first touch was shite, he looked slow and unfit and his crossing was a bit shit too. Time for a rest me thinks.
Silva - 7: Worked his ickle socks off and showed his quality in spells.
Tevez - 8: Great goal, great battling. Usual Tev then really.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Re: Ratings vs. Chelsea

Postby Kladze » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:53 pm

Hart - 7 .... Don't know how to mark him so gave him a 7 based on the fact he managed to look good doing nowt.

Boyata - 8 ..... For a young kid playing out of position against an in form Malouda and Ashley Cole he was brilliant. Didn't offer much going forward but none of us would have expected him to. Marked him down just a touch because, on another day, he may have given away a penalty for his body check on Drogba in the first half.

Kolo Toure - 10 ....... exceptional, looked like the 'invincible' defender that he can be.

Kompany - 10 ..... immense. Had Drogba in his pocket. Made countless well timed tackles, blocks, and interceptions.

Zabaletta - 8 ..... One rash moment didn't ruin a tireless and tenacious display.

De Jong - 11? ...... Absolutely imperious. What more to say except it continues to amaze me that he still has his detractors on this site and elsewhere - I can only assume they don't understand what his role is and his value to the team. He's also spraying the ball around much more now too. If he's not the best defensive midfield player in the world I'd like to know who is.

Barry - 8 ....... Worked tirelessly, kept the ball moving, plenty of of crucial interceptions and tackles, and used his physique well today.

Yaya Toure - 7 .......... Did well but drifted in and out of the game - maybe the premier league's physical demands are surprising him?

Milner - 7 ....... worked his socks off but 'footballing wise' his touch was deserting him today.

Silva - 8 ........ Another who grafted hard for the team and surprised me a touch by making some pretty juicy challenges. Still needs to gain an understanding with the players around him but it's coming - his off the ball run for Tevez made the goal possible.

Tevez -8 ........ What you'd expect from him really. All action, high pressure, and a fabulously composed finish.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:57 pm

I would expect a lot of high scores. If you beat Chelsea you cannot under-perform and expect to win.

Probably Milner was the weak link, but he is a battler and does so much good work only to then see it all undone. I just don't see him as a wide man, runs himself into deadends and manages to always seem like he has no room against the touchline.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:29 pm

I thought Milner done a brilliant job of keeping Ivanovic quiet.

All week long loads of people have been saying how their full backs were the main threat, Milner nullified that on the right hand side. True he look a bit jaded when he was in possession, but his work was invaluable. A solid 8 I'd say.

The whole team was brilliant but I was especially impressed by NDJ.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:32 pm

Oh, I think defensively he did great, and let's be fair they targeted Boyata today so the right side was relatively quiet.....fucking hell spelling has gone to shite, thank fuck for spellchecker. And he did have the mad argie behind him who I think was really underrated so far, he was brilliant.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ryanmjo » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:04 pm

I think Boyata did very well, however, if Marriner had spotted a couple of those incidents with Drogba, we may have been singing a different tune.
ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby petrov » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:47 pm

Hart - 6: Easy day for joe, did his job with no fuss, saved easily the little that came his way.
Boyata - 6: Not getting caught up in the hype, truth be told he did fairly well without being great, was decent consdering he was out of position, Kolo covered and marshalled him superbly well. While watching him pull Drogba was class, on another day, it could of being a yellow card and a freekick on the edge of the area.
Kolo - 9: Joint Motm for me today, tremendous, reminded me of the way Dunne used to play 2 positions to help Richards when he was starting excepth Kolo didn't score any og's.
Kompo - 8: Every time he plays he looks closer and closer to the finished article. Class player, big, strong, quick, intelligent, brave and decent with the ball, real class player.
Zabba - 9: Joint motm as well. Out of position, defended brilliantly (bar the crazy yellow) got forward alot, worked his socks off, pity he has no left foot or he'd of being getting a 10.
de Jong - 8: I've being one of his biggest critics and I made my feelings about his WC perf's really clear. His tackling is still brilliant (and imho much better when not bending the rules), his attitude is spot on and his passing is WC which really is a testament to him.
Barry - 7: Passed well, got about the pitch well, done his shift. Unremarkable but excellent performance.
Yaya - 7: Did very well and was our best attacking player after the goal.
Milner - 7: Alot of unfair stick in the match thread, bust his arse today. maybe not sublime attacking wing play, but he kept the ball well, and tracked back alot, so much so he was switched across to handle Cole.
Silva - 7: Best performance in a City shirt. Was brilliant at times, his movement had a big hand in the goal. His passing was excellent. Failed with the killer ball a little bit though.
Tevez - 8: Typical Tevez. Great workrate, and scored a great goal out of almost nothing.
petrov
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:49 pm

petrov wrote:Hart - 6: Easy day for joe, did his job with no fuss, saved easily the little that came his way.
Boyata - 6: Not getting caught up in the hype, truth be told he did fairly well without being great, was decent consdering he was out of position, Kolo covered and marshalled him superbly well. While watching him pull Drogba was class, on another day, it could of being a yellow card and a freekick on the edge of the area.
Kolo - 9: Joint Motm for me today, tremendous, reminded me of the way Dunne used to play 2 positions to help Richards when he was starting excepth Kolo didn't score any og's.
Kompo - 8: Every time he plays he looks closer and closer to the finished article. Class player, big, strong, quick, intelligent, brave and decent with the ball, real class player.
Zabba - 9: Joint motm as well. Out of position, defended brilliantly (bar the crazy yellow) got forward alot, worked his socks off, pity he has no left foot or he'd of being getting a 10.
de Jong - 8: I've being one of his biggest critics and I made my feelings about his WC perf's really clear. His tackling is still brilliant (and imho much better when not bending the rules), his attitude is spot on and his passing is WC which really is a testament to him.
Barry - 7: Passed well, got about the pitch well, done his shift. Unremarkable but excellent performance.
Yaya - 7: Did very well and was our best attacking player after the goal.
Milner - 7: Alot of unfair stick in the match thread, bust his arse today. maybe not sublime attacking wing play, but he kept the ball well, and tracked back alot, so much so he was switched across to handle Cole.
Silva - 7: Best performance in a City shirt. Was brilliant at times, his movement had a big hand in the goal. His passing was excellent. Failed with the killer ball a little bit though.

Agree with basically all of this but especially the comments on Boyata and Milner
Tevez - 8: Typical Tevez. Great workrate, and scored a great goal out of almost nothing.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:11 pm

Love the tevez comments. just goes to show how highly we think of him that we're like "meh.. typical tevez, fought hard and scored..."

class
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Return to The Maine Football forum