***Official City v Chelsea*** Thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official City v Chelsea*** Thread

Postby Swales4ever » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:47 pm

dikdik wrote:Back from the game.
Brilliant.
Best defence I've seen in forty years.
Solid and confident midfield.
Forward formation needs thinking about.

Brillant sum up.

Fucking bastard Italian. He's ruining our well deserved entertainement.... :-(

Fancy a new life as Cottagers' suppoerters?....... :-)

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Dameerto » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:56 pm

Arsenal get zero points, Spurs get zero points, we beat the league leaders! How good a day is it today?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:56 pm

MANCIO4EVER wrote:
dikdik wrote:Back from the game.
Brilliant.
Best defence I've seen in forty years.
Solid and confident midfield.
Forward formation needs thinking about.

Brillant sum up.

Fucking bastard Italian. He's ruining our well deserved entertainement.... :-(

Agreed. Marvellous apart from attack. Great performance/workrate. Can't post now; drinking.

Fancy a new life as Cottagers' suppoerters?....... :-)
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby yankmanc » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:35 pm

Wow, we beat Chelsea for the 3rd time in a row and there's only 6 pages with the last one mostly about other games? What's going on here?

Frickin' ecstatic! Silva's workrate was a delightful surprise, and Zabaleta MOM for me just for embodying the determination of our team today. Wonderful stuff and stopping Chelsea from scoring for the first time this year suggests that Mancini is doing something right.
Proud to outfit my local league team in Sky Blue.

COME ON CITY!

All I want for my birthday is a derby win.
yankmanc
Superman's Underpants

Postby Swales4ever » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:39 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Agreed. Marvellous apart from attack. Great performance/workrate. Can't post now; drinking.

Ted, U know I'm just a proud pupil of Your goodself [as well as of few other Top Guys&Girls hereon] so I wont never argue anything You are gonna say: You are the Master, I am just the humble servant... :-)

Cheers to You Sir, and all Mates as well

Gonna get fucking drunk as well, btw.... :-)

2. "ACID QUEEN"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby zuricity » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:40 pm

Dameerto wrote:Arsenal get zero points, Spurs get zero points, we beat the league leaders! How good a day is it today?

So, If I understand you correctly, you are saying that David Silva was man of the match , by a long chalk ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby wyted » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:12 pm

Did anyone notice Jamie Redknapp's comments on how Mancini drew too many games last season?!
wyted
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby zuricity » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:32 pm

Dameerto wrote:Arsenal get zero points, Spurs get zero points, we beat the league leaders! How good a day is it today?

So, If I understand you correctly, you are saying that David Silva was man of the match , by a long chalk ?
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby zuricity » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:33 pm

zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:47 pm

do i start a new thread to say sorry, i was wrong. Thought manchini fucked up against WBA, in hindsight he still coulda played afew, but well done bobby. SORRY.
x
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby gillie » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:41 pm

I have not stopped drinking er i maen celebrating since the final whistle and young twitch and sourness can fuck off we won fair and fuckin square.Chelsea had loads of attempts my arse Joe had 2 shots/headers to save all game Sky sports fuck me right off with there big four bias.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby mcfctm » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:30 pm

Just got in from the game and yeeeeeeeees! Gamble in midweek paid off!
mcfctm
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:23 pm

Two points ahead on head-to-heads from last season. All is looking promising so far in the league :-)
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:55 pm

wyted wrote:Did anyone notice Jamie Redknapp's comments on how Mancini drew too many games last season?!

Actually, I thought it was Souness that said that, in the context of "It's ok beating the top teams, but...". In other words, convert those draws into wins and we are a serious threat.

Now, I didn't hear all their comments, but, from the bit I heard I thought there ws a recognition of our qualities plus the ability to battle. I got the impression that Souness quite liked our mugky/battling side.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby ronk » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:22 am

Really was a great game to watch. Chelsea were good, there was some brilliant attacking against some really solid defending on both sides without being excessively bad tempered. Probably the best game I've seen this season.

Chelsea had some good spells and really lifted their game in the last few minutes to try and sneak an equaliser. It's the one thing we really haven't learnt how to do.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:25 am

PUT THE POODLE ON A LEASH
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:46 am

It was a strange game imo. A bit like watching a test match (I'm an avid cricket fan so that's actually a compliment) where it can seem to the layman as if nothing's happening but in actual fact there's a hell of a lot happening & a lot of intelligence being used to try & strike the decisive blow. City did that part almost to perfection & some of the defending both at the back & in midfield was up with the best I've seen. For the players available & where we're at in our evolution it was a great performance.

It shouldn't mask the fact that we still have work to do though. For all the great defending in open play, we were very poor at set pieces & would have conceded 3 goals on another day. The same mistakes v Stoke or Spurs or even rags will cost us the game. We also lack attacking purpose & rely almost totally on Tevez winning us the game. Without him, we currently have no attack at all. It's time to get Ade involved & develop some attacking cohesion to go with the defensive fortitude.

This was a fantastic day for us but we stil have to adress those points & one or two others if we're to match Chelsea & the rags.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:36 am

Ted Hughes wrote:It was a strange game imo. A bit like watching a test match (I'm an avid cricket fan so that's actually a compliment) where it can seem to the layman as if nothing's happening but in actual fact there's a hell of a lot happening & a lot of intelligence being used to try & strike the decisive blow. City did that part almost to perfection & some of the defending both at the back & in midfield was up with the best I've seen. For the players available & where we're at in our evolution it was a great performance.

It shouldn't mask the fact that we still have work to do though. For all the great defending in open play, we were very poor at set pieces & would have conceded 3 goals on another day. The same mistakes v Stoke or Spurs or even rags will cost us the game. We also lack attacking purpose & rely almost totally on Tevez winning us the game. Without him, we currently have no attack at all. It's time to get Ade involved & develop some attacking cohesion to go with the defensive fortitude.

This was a fantastic day for us but we stil have to adress those points & one or two others if we're to match Chelsea & the rags.

Ted, I do agree with Your summary: spot on as usual when You don't allow Yr. Leslie's dirty legs to sidetrack Yr. valuable football brain... :-)
But, mind You - re Ade - Bobby is not stupid: if he still insist not to rely on his contribution should be [imho] because he's fearing a sort of Ireland_the twat_versus_rags factor [that barely costed us the Cl spot, btw] from his lazy attitude... Be patient and wait untill Balo will be back and fit and You will enjoy different displays and more easy unlocking outcomes.
Nonetheless I do expect a great perfomance from Ade versus the f****g bianconeri, at least just to put himself on a sparkling soft spot to the italian market...

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby wyted » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:01 am

Lev Bronstein wrote:
wyted wrote:Did anyone notice Jamie Redknapp's comments on how Mancini drew too many games last season?!

Actually, I thought it was Souness that said that, in the context of "It's ok beating the top teams, but...". In other words, convert those draws into wins and we are a serious threat.

Now, I didn't hear all their comments, but, from the bit I heard I thought there ws a recognition of our qualities plus the ability to battle. I got the impression that Souness quite liked our mugky/battling side.

Naw, it was definitely Redknapp who claimed Mancini had far too many draws last season.... Leslie had nothing to do with that, obviously.

I was shouting at the telly in anger, which is rare because I never do that </lies>.
wyted
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum