We need fans to be our twelfth man

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

We need fans to be our twelfth man

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:11 am

Nigel de Jong is calling on the City fans to create a fantastic atmosphere tomorrow as City bid for a repeat of last season’s epic 2-1 victory over Chelsea.

The Premier League champions arrive at the City of Manchester Stadium yet to drop a point and having scored a hatful of goals, but de Jong says there is no reason City can’t make it three wins on the bounce against Carlo Ancelotti’s men.

“The fans can do a lot for us,” he said. “At home, they can be the twelfth man from the first minute onwards. That will be a big help and we expect a lot from them tomorrow.

“Everybody knows what happened last season. It was a special game for the club and the players. We are all looking forward to playing this game.”

With the Blues completing the league double over the Pensioners at Stamford Bridge in the return fixture, de Jong believes City may start with a psychological edge.

“They lost both matches against us last season, so they will be coming here to try and win, we are aware of that, but they will know we can more than match them if we’re on the top of our game,” he said. “They will give it 100%, as they have the mentality of champions.

"If you read the papers and listen to
what their players are saying, then you
know that that this is their biggest test
yet - and that is a good thing -
because it means that everyone is
taking us seriously"

“We’ll need to be at our best to beat them and we have some catching up to do. We are on eight points and they have fifteen, so there is a gap of seven points already. If we win this game we will close that gap a little, which is important.

“It is only September so anything can happen over the season. We need to win continuously so that we can remain in the top four. It doesn’t matter who comes here, whether it’s Chelsea or a smaller team, we need to win every game.”

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: We need fans to be our twelfth man

Postby Mase » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:28 am

Fuck off De Jong!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Kladze » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:31 am

“We’ll need to be at our best to beat them and we have some catching up to do. We are on eight points and they have fifteen, so there is a gap of seven points already. If we win this game we will close that gap a little, which is important.

More talk.

This is precisely what Mancini keeps going on about - we need the players to rise to the occasion for EVERY game ......... Sunderland away, Blackburn at home AND Chelsea.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:37 am

Horseshit.

Stop talking. Start playing.

One pass forward would be a start. Perhaps even a shot on target. That would be first in his City career.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:43 am

I hope they dont expect a 13th man for the next League cup game.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby pepsi_dave » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:58 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Horseshit.

Stop talking. Start playing.

One pass forward would be a start. Perhaps even a shot on target. That would be first in his City career.

He passed forwards at least once against Wigan :-p
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Mase » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:16 pm

To be fair to Nige, I personally think his passing has been okay since he got back from the World Cup. Whether that's because he's got someone like Yaya there to help him out I don't know. But he comes out with this shite every week! It's a bit of a slap in the face to the City fans who travelled to West Brom on Wednesday.
You worry about what you and your team mates are doing on the pitch on Saturday and I'm sure the City fans who turn up to watch the match will continue to be the best fans in the land in all the world.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Feed The Goat » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:54 pm

MaseCTID wrote:To be fair to Nige, I personally think his passing has been okay since he got back from the World Cup. Whether that's because he's got someone like Yaya there to help him out I don't know. But he comes out with this shite every week! It's a bit of a slap in the face to the City fans who travelled to West Brom on Wednesday.
You worry about what you and your team mates are doing on the pitch on Saturday and I'm sure the City fans who turn up to watch the match will continue to be the best fans in the land in all the world.

I'm not sure what he has done wrong he is just saying raise the roof right from the off on Saturday.
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:06 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:To be fair to Nige, I personally think his passing has been okay since he got back from the World Cup. Whether that's because he's got someone like Yaya there to help him out I don't know. But he comes out with this shite every week! It's a bit of a slap in the face to the City fans who travelled to West Brom on Wednesday.

I'm not sure what he has done wrong he is just saying raise the roof right from the off on Saturday.

But the players need to come out like they want dominate chelsea that way it lifts the fans up. If we start like we are scared of them or worried about going forward then the fans will start moaning and just think why should we give a fuck if they dont.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mase » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:08 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:

Does he think though mate that we're all going for our first match ever to COMS on Saturday? I know what's expected of me and I'm sure the other 46,999 fans do too. Whether we're cheering City on getting beat off WBA or we're cheering on trying to beat Chelsea we know what is expected of us.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum