Fridays Rag Post Of The Day

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Fridays Rag Post Of The Day

Postby Beeks » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:02 am

RAG1: Honestly what’s wrong with you Berties? Too much time being bitter and angry that you’re still bitter and angry. You’ve got it all. Rejoice. The rich owners, the council house, the big tall floodlights, the bitter footballers who hate life but enjoy the oil money, and the big tall floodlights. Did I mention the floodlights?

RAG2: You’d think they’d be busier admiring the magnificent lights at the Bertie Dome?

I don’t imagine most of them can afford the bus fare to get out to Wastelands, never mind the price of admission to a match.

RAG3: trying to morally defend the Abu Dhabi money really is on a hiding to nothing. Just admit you’ve taken the coin to buy your way to a level of ‘success’ that is not the natural habitat of City. As for City coining it in from TV money if the collective agreement was broken.. only if fans abroad thought they were buying PPV for ‘Manchester’. But as when players sign for City and are disappointed they’ve signed for the wrong Manchester, fans would cotton on quick enough. Spend now my friend because come 2013 you’ll be selling all your players to meet the wage bill and break even.

RAG4: have no doubt that City will win a few cups… their new owner won’t tolerate wasting his money for nothing.

He’ll invest, change manager, invest some more, and eventually he’s bound to win something… and if he’s got the patience, and financial stamina… by that I mean, as long as he never expects to recoup his investment… he may even win the title and perhaps even the Champs League…

However… he’ll have to maintain that level… create a dynasty… and court the young international fans of tomorrow, and the next generation to even come close to establishing a fan base that approaches just the foothills of the mountain that is Manchester United.

What happens if their owner tires of just throwing money into the club, and never getting it back… because that’s the reality for teams like City, and Chelsea…

It’s possible to build a team capable of winning with money, but it takes years and years to build a club that can finance it’s own success… as it is… there’s only a handful of clubs in the whole of the game that can do that.

[strike]WAG[/strike] RAG OF THE DAY

Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Re: Fridays Rag Post Of The Day

Postby Chinners » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:11 am

You've already used that picture!

Rag of the day is one of my favorite regular threads on here at the mo ... always good to have a chuckle in the morning
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby kinkylola » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:25 am

completely engrossing and enraging.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby bluej » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:19 pm

even come close to establishing a fan base that approaches just the foothills of the mountain that is Manchester United.

Ah yes, the infamous 'waiting list', which of course no longer exists as they had a load of spare season tickets this season didn't they?
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Return to The Maine Football forum