Baconface

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Baconface

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:51 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:And why would anyone bring up a thread like this after last night?

Shocked!

Because last night was last night and it's now over and this is a board to discuss football matters and opinions?
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby walmai » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:59 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
walmai wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:
walmai wrote:I am so pissed off and i have no connections to Scunthorpe.

If any other manager had done that, you'd not be paying a blind bit of notice, I'd wager...

I'd still notice it and see it as disrespectful but i wouldn't be as pissed off as i am with baconface as he has form for this kind of disrespecting shit. I hate him because of who he is not who he manages.

I can't bring myself to hate him
. Managing a successful club is a dark art and he is the grand pooba author of the comprehensive guide to it.

Your not a City fan though mate.....if you were you would want to burp into his face at every given moment and then hit him repeatedly with a fucking soiled nappy.

Point taken; I see a comparison with Redknapp. If he saved the lives of a lorryload of handicapped orphans, I'd still hate him.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby walmai » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:01 pm

walmai wrote:

If any other manager had done that, you'd not be paying a blind bit of notice, I'd wager...

I'd still notice it and see it as disrespectful but i wouldn't be as pissed off as i am with baconface as he has form for this kind of disrespecting shit. I hate him because of who he is not who he manages.

I can't bring myself to hate him. Managing a successful club is a dark art and he is the grand pooba author of the comprehensive guide to it.

You can't deny his record as a manager, it stands with the best up there. It's the way he goes about it, he doesn't need to yet he does because he thinks he is untouchable.

I know! So much of what he says is utter garbage, I agree with that. But there's method to it. Look at how he completely ruled Benitez last season (god that seems so long ago now). He proper destabilises other people. Drives them mad even. (not literally).
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:03 pm

walmai wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
walmai wrote:

I can't bring myself to hate him
. Managing a successful club is a dark art and he is the grand pooba author of the comprehensive guide to it.

Your not a City fan though mate.....if you were you would want to burp into his face at every given moment and then hit him repeatedly with a fucking soiled nappy.

Point taken; I see a comparison with Redknapp. If he saved the lives of a lorryload of handicapped orphans, I'd still hate him.

Walmai - you will find old pissflap features Shitknapp isnt liked around here either, principally because he's clearly been on the take for years and blatantly taps players up via the press. He also seems to be obsessed with us and our players too, trying to recreate our 2003 squad at Portsmouth.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby smurfsdabomb » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:12 pm

I don't understand the big deal over stuff like this. The carling cup and the FA Cup are stupid meaningless trophies that nobody who has a shot at either the Premier League or the CL/Europa gives a flying fuck about doing well in. If I was a high end manager I'd rather opt out of those cups given the choice, otherwise I'd field a side of reserves and youths to give my senior players a rest and not risk injury for more important games.

Pisses me off seeing people who are all "ooh he's disrespecting the cup what a disgrace". Respect is fucking earned and there's none gained from beating a bunch of randomly selected minnows. If united went and got destroyed by Valencia home and away how well do you think their supporters would take to him saying "....well at least we beat scunthorpe". And stop feeling sorry for the young manager who was "treated badly". If you can't beat a bunch of 3rd stringers without their manager well you probably deserve to be in League Two then.
In the real world how you do in the League and Europe is the only thing that will count at the end of the season.
smurfsdabomb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Rae4685 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:10 am

smurfsdabomb wrote:I don't understand the big deal over stuff like this. The carling cup and the FA Cup are stupid meaningless trophies that nobody who has a shot at either the Premier League or the CL/Europa gives a flying fuck about doing well in. If I was a high end manager I'd rather opt out of those cups given the choice, otherwise I'd field a side of reserves and youths to give my senior players a rest and not risk injury for more important games.

Pisses me off seeing people who are all "ooh he's disrespecting the cup what a disgrace". Respect is fucking earned and there's none gained from beating a bunch of randomly selected minnows. If united went and got destroyed by Valencia home and away how well do you think their supporters would take to him saying "....well at least we beat scunthorpe". And stop feeling sorry for the young manager who was "treated badly". If you can't beat a bunch of 3rd stringers without their manager well you probably deserve to be in League Two then.
In the real world how you do in the League and Europe is the only thing that will count at the end of the season.

WOW your a first class moron
Rae4685
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:34 am

smurfsdabomb wrote:I don't understand the big deal over stuff like this. The carling cup and the FA Cup are stupid meaningless trophies that nobody who has a shot at either the Premier League or the CL/Europa gives a flying fuck about doing well in. If I was a high end manager I'd rather opt out of those cups given the choice, otherwise I'd field a side of reserves and youths to give my senior players a rest and not risk injury for more important games.

You seriously think the Europa is more important than the FA Cup? Outside of the teams involved, it's watched by about 3 people, hence why it's on ITV12 whilst the FA Cup gets them to move eastenders/corrie.

Regarding playing reserves, if taggart had done that, he'd have been managing back in Scotland for the last 20 years.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby smurfsdabomb » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:20 pm

I don't live in England so I don't know what its reputation is there but outside of it the FA Cup is a joke that nobody gives a shit about.
smurfsdabomb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Fidel Castro » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:27 pm

smurfsdabomb wrote:I don't live in England so I don't know what its reputation is there but outside of it the FA Cup is a joke that nobody gives a shit about.

You are talking bollocks. It is regarded pretty highly where I live. What makes you think that everyone over the whole world has the same opinion as people in your country?
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby mr_nool » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:30 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:
smurfsdabomb wrote:I don't live in England so I don't know what its reputation is there but outside of it the FA Cup is a joke that nobody gives a shit about.

You are talking bollocks. It is regarded pretty highly where I live. What makes you think that everyone over the whole world has the same opinion as people in your country?

It's a very homogeneous place:
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Socrates » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:39 pm

LOL. Good colour though...

Seriously though, SBF fields a reserve side in the Carling Cup. IF they get to the semis he starts to take it seriously. Sometimes they get a run, sometimes they don't. Same with most big clubs and, with the imposition of 25 man senior squads, we certainly cannot afford to treat it any differently. FA Cup and Europa are both superior competitions and we will still use some squad rotation for those too!
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum