3 defenders guaranteed fit for Saturday..

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

3 defenders guaranteed fit for Saturday..

Postby OliverHardy » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:01 pm

And people were slating defensive team selection last night. Not really that much else to say is there. Its ok slagging off yet another manager after a defeat but people really need to start thinking about reality, it's not possible to pick players that aren't fit, and its not clever to risk other 1st teamers in a competition (that by winning) wouldn't really keep Mancini in a job at the end of the season and certainly wouldnt keep most fans happy if it was accompanied by a 'non-top 4' finish and no other trophies. Its never good getting beat, but sometimes you just have to accept reality.
OliverHardy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Re: 3 defenders guaranteed fit for Saturday..

Postby kinkylola » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:56 pm

I would maybe play kolo and kompo center D and zabba on left and boyata on right ... If boyata is able to play. He is young so he may need less recovery time, but I wouldn't risk him if he was only 80%
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:17 pm

OliverHardy wrote:And people were slating defensive team selection last night. Not really that much else to say is there. Its ok slagging off yet another manager after a defeat but people really need to start thinking about reality, it's not possible to pick players that aren't fit, and its not clever to risk other 1st teamers in a competition (that by winning) wouldn't really keep Mancini in a job at the end of the season and certainly wouldnt keep most fans happy if it was accompanied by a 'non-top 4' finish and no other trophies. Its never good getting beat, but sometimes you just have to accept reality.

Spot on!
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Bingo Lewis » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:04 pm

I don't know if I believe this. Could very well be just making excuses for that shower last night.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:12 pm

On Tuesday we had 4 defenders fit (Zaba,Kolo,Vinnie,Boateng)Boateng only just so really not to be risked for WBA.Lescott training again but not fully.So assuming the same for Saturday they will be the 4 that start.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:41 pm

OliverHardy wrote:And people were slating defensive team selection last night. Not really that much else to say is there. Its ok slagging off yet another manager after a defeat but people really need to start thinking about reality, it's not possible to pick players that aren't fit, and its not clever to risk other 1st teamers in a competition (that by winning) wouldn't really keep Mancini in a job at the end of the season and certainly wouldnt keep most fans happy if it was accompanied by a 'non-top 4' finish and no other trophies. Its never good getting beat, but sometimes you just have to accept reality.

Best not to risk any of them, then. We don't want any footballers getting injured during a football match. Let's keep them in case we need them for something more important.

Surely you play your best 11 or at least an 11 who look capable of winning?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:13 pm

Where's Elano when you need him ;-)

However, what we are really saying is that Mancio's training regime is killing our players? Afterall, I've not seen anyone stretchered off, have you?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Return to The Maine Football forum