We had to gamble, say's Mancini

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: We had to gamble, say's Mancini

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:50 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:1. Why does having some defesive injuries mean he has to play an 18 year old centre forward in midfield whilst a player who's barely kicked a fucking ball since July & been told he's not wanted & has no future at the club plays upfront and a 3rd centre forward floats around amongst them? What's wrong with a balanced team, whoever the players?

2. If we're giving some more excuses for not feilding a balanced team, Is everone happy that AJ played 90 mins in a fucking suicide squad for no reason, therefore, by Mancini's reconing, unable to start v Chelsea, or are we choosing to ignore that?

3. Why the fuck did Zabba come on?

4. If the league cup isn't worth winning, shouldn't that fucking banner read 40 years & does that make all of us who travelled to Wembley a bunch of fucking idiots?

5. Why isn't the bloke who played centre half for Barca in the Champions league final 2 seasons ago considered good enough to fill in as a defender for us if needed?

If hes not in the starting 11 on saturday then Mancini can go fuck himself.
AJ is the one person who can win us a game on his own.........

He's not though is he?

As much as i love Johnson he still has ALOT to learn.

AJ can and has turned games on its head....he is 10 times better than SWP and is a must imo...Id hazard a guess and 90% of Coty fans would want him in the starting 11 on saturday as well.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby The Man In Blue » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:53 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:1. Why does having some defesive injuries mean he has to play an 18 year old centre forward in midfield whilst a player who's barely kicked a fucking ball since July & been told he's not wanted & has no future at the club plays upfront and a 3rd centre forward floats around amongst them? What's wrong with a balanced team, whoever the players?

2. If we're giving some more excuses for not feilding a balanced team, Is everone happy that AJ played 90 mins in a fucking suicide squad for no reason, therefore, by Mancini's reconing, unable to start v Chelsea, or are we choosing to ignore that?

4. If the league cup isn't worth winning, shouldn't that fucking banner read 40 years & does that make all of us who travelled to Wembley a bunch of fucking idiots?

5. Why isn't the bloke who played centre half for Barca in the Champions league final 2 seasons ago considered good enough to fill in as a defender for us if needed?

He's not though is he?

AJ can and has turned games on its head....he is 10 times better than SWP and is a must imo...Id hazard a guess and 90% of Coty fans would want him in the starting 11 on saturday as well.

tbf he was fairly anonymous at stamford bridge last season. he has come on since then but i still don't think he should be an automatic pick like say, carlitos.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:56 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

He's not though is he?

and i would be in that 90% and he can and has turned games on its head but he isn't the one person who can win us a game on his own. Tevez is the main one, Silva can.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:03 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

He's not though is he?

and i would be in that 90% and he can and has turned games on its head but he isn't the one person who can win us a game on his own. Tevez is the main one, Silva can.

Well seeing as Mancini played him for 90 mins yesterday its almost guarenteed that he will not be starting on Saturday...............which pisses me off.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:07 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Well seeing as Mancini played him for 90 mins yesterday its almost guarenteed that he will not be starting on Saturday...............which pisses me off.

But Silva is a decent replacement ;-)
the_georgian_genius

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:10 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Well seeing as Mancini played him for 90 mins yesterday its almost guarenteed that he will not be starting on Saturday...............which pisses me off.

Im not 100% convinced yet TBH.....time will tell with him even though he does have fantastic skill .....Meanwhile AJ has proven he can tear the arse off opposing players, he would have been a better bet for this match imo.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:12 pm

Did you go to the game? Guidetti certainly wasn't in midfield for the goal.

Ted Hughes wrote:2. If we're giving some more excuses for not feilding a balanced team, Is everone happy that AJ played 90 mins in a fucking suicide squad for no reason, therefore, by Mancini's reconing, unable to start v Chelsea, or are we choosing to ignore that?

If Mancini had it in his mind that AJ wasn't part of his starting 11 against Chelsea then we trust him.

Ted Hughes wrote:3. Why the fuck did Zabba come on?

Probably because Vidal was having a hard time and at 1-0 we wanted to win the game and stop us being under pressure.

Ted Hughes wrote:4. If the league cup isn't worth winning, shouldn't that fucking banner read 40 years & does that make all of us who travelled to Wembley a bunch of fucking idiots?

It is worth winning, it's a cup at the end of the day, but its a cup that serves no purpose nowadays than to give those not in the top 4 a chance of silverware and those in the top 4 to use their squad players. To Mancini, Sheik Mansour, Tevez, Yaya Toure ect playing in the Champions League is more important than the League cup at this moment in time.

Ted Hughes wrote:5. Why isn't the bloke who played centre half for Barca in the Champions league final 2 seasons ago considered good enough to fill in as a defender for us if needed?

Such a stupid question. Probably because he is our best central midfielder and with Chelsea coming up there was no point in risking him in a league cup game at centre half.
the_georgian_genius

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:14 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Im not 100% convinced yet TBH.....time will tell with him even though he does have fantastic skill .....Meanwhile AJ has proven he can tear the arse off opposing players, he would have been a better bet for this match imo.

Based on what though carl? He hasn't excatley torn the arse off opposing players of the top sides. If you were to name his top 5 games in a city shirt, they would probably be against the bottom sides.

It's a different kettle of fish tearing the arse of Blackburn's left back than it is against Ashley Cole and Patrice Evra.
the_georgian_genius

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:22 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Based on what though carl? He hasn't excatley torn the arse off opposing players of the top sides. If you were to name his top 5 games in a city shirt, they would probably be against the bottom sides.

It's a different kettle of fish tearing the arse of Blackburn's left back than it is against Ashley Cole and Patrice Evra.
ith

He didnt do too badly with his last 2 England performances did he ?!.......Like I said I think AJ has shown enough to go against the likes of Chelsea on Satuday meanwhile Silva 100% has not showed us he can.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:25 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

ith

He didnt do too badly with his last 2 England performances did he ?!.......Like I said I think AJ has shown enough to go against the likes of Chelsea on Satuday meanwhile Silva 100% has not showed us he can.

No he didn't, but again Hungary and Switzerland were the Blackburn and Wigan of international football. Am i right in saying that at full back for Switzerland was Gelson Fernandes?!?

Silva hasn't shown us what he can do, but he has shown the world what he can do and against top opposition. You cannot say that about Johnson but it will come and hopefully very soon Johnson and Silva will be able to do it against the top sides more frequently, it will be a great sight to see :D
the_georgian_genius

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum