NOT Happy With Mancini!!!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: NOT Happy With Mancini!!!

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:37 am

I haven't been happy with Bobby for a while now. That last night was bloody irritating. And the idea we don't bother with Europa Cup either is strange to say the least.
He's been here for some months now and the fare on offer has been pretty dismal from the start. He does nothing that inspires confidence in me. Maybe he is on the right lines, maybe he'll get it right, he certainly has the players to, but I have the feeling he is more likely to be sacked than bathed in glory.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:37 am

Svensational wrote:WHAT THE FUCK?

Team: Given, Vidal, Boyata, Mee, Cunningham, Vieira, Ibrahim, Johnson, Jo, Santa Cruz, Guidetti

Does he really think we are going to overcome prem opposition with that starting XI?

Im so fucking pissed off right now.

Not a Mancini out thread, but fuck me Im mad.

I don't think anyone can really disagree. I thought it insulted the competition, travelling supporters AND the fact that we have won fuck all in my lifetime.

I do understand one or two promising youngsters (namely Boyata and Guidetti.....none of the others will make it as long as I have hole in my arse) but we have enough top players on the bench to give it a good go. That backline is a disgrace.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby guv111 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:47 am

I'd like to know what City are getting from Roberto Mancini. I know what the fans are contributing: thousands of loyal bums on seats week in, week out through decades of mediocrity and worse. I know what Sheik Mansour is contributing: potentially billions of pounds and a future of endless possibilities. I know what players like Tevez, Adam Johnson, Milner, Hart and Silva are contributing: hard work, skill, precious years of a relatively short career,and perhaps the best days of their lives.

So, I say it again, what are City getting from Roberto Mancini? Well, the slowest, most ponderous and boring football we have seen in quite some time is one thing. Beating Liverpool has lost a lot of its luster when its seen in the context of them losing at home to a struggling League One team, and what other performances can we honestly say we have wallowed in the enjoyment of this season? Then there is his apparent inability to man manage, leading to grumpy prima donna-type moaning from players when - in the face of such vast quantities of bile from the media - that is the very last thing we need. For me, though, his greatest crime is to take the time and money of loyal City fans as a given, as something to take for granted. Maybe the next time he intends playing an unrecognisable team in a fixture he could give the suppoters a little more warning, then it would be up to them whether or not they decide to travel and watch the club's youth team lose in a competition we have never had a better chance of winning.

Even beating Chelsea at the weekend won't make this right. This arrogance on his part, this misuse of other people's free-time and money, won't be so easily forgotten. Maybe we can shrug off this kind of team selection (and result) one day in the future, when we haven't gone three and a half decades without winning a trophy, but that day is still some unspecified distance away.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Mike J » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:52 am

guv111 wrote:I'd like to know what City are getting from Roberto Mancini. I know what the fans are contributing: thousands of loyal bums on seats week in, week out through decades of mediocrity and worse. I know what Sheik Mansour is contributing: potentially billions of pounds and a future of endless possibilities. I know what players like Tevez, Adam Johnson, Milner, Hart and Silva are contributing: hard work, skill, precious years of a relatively short career,and perhaps the best days of their lives.

adam johnson is the one i feel will be suffering most under mancini at the moment.

is he now part of mancini's 'alternative' squad. he didnt get much of a look in at wigan and im assuming because he played last night he wont be seeing much action on saturday.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:53 am

shortagain wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Socrates wrote:A faltering start? We have several new players to integrate and a string of injuries yet are still 4th and could have been higher still without some freak incidents going against us. The season isn't going to go downhill because a bunch of kids lost to West Brom's reserves in the mickeymouse cup!

As for the team selection of West Brom, well we'd have looked a bit silly if we'd fielded our full stregth side against that lot and then lost key players to injuries!

WE HAVE FUCKING DEPTH FFS !!!!!!!!!!!!! NO NEED TO PUT OUT OUR STRONGEST SIDE AT ALL, BUT TO PUT OUT THAT FUCKING KINDERGARDEN TEAM WAS TAKING THE PISS AND IF YOU CANT SEE THAT THEN GET TO SPEC SAVERS FFS !!

and who would you have played,
Chelsea have lost Kalou & Benayoun to serious injuries
. Would have been some comments on here if Mancini had played one or two more and added say Kompany & Barry to our injury list of Boeteng, Bridge, Lescott, Kolarov, Adebyour, Balotelli & Nimely

Works in our favour for Saturday ! Terry and Anelka will not be very fresh.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:03 am

guv111 wrote:I'd like to know what City are getting from Roberto Mancini. I know what the fans are contributing: thousands of loyal bums on seats week in, week out through decades of mediocrity and worse. I know what Sheik Mansour is contributing: potentially billions of pounds and a future of endless possibilities. I know what players like Tevez, Adam Johnson, Milner, Hart and Silva are contributing: hard work, skill, precious years of a relatively short career,and perhaps the best days of their lives.

So, I say it again, what are City getting from Roberto Mancini? Well, the slowest, most ponderous and boring football we have seen in quite some time is one thing. Beating Liverpool has lost a lot of its luster when its seen in the context of them losing at home to a struggling League One team, and what other performances can we honestly say we have wallowed in the enjoyment of this season? Then there is his apparent inability to man manage, leading to grumpy prima donna-type moaning from players when - in the face of such vast quantities of bile from the media - that is the very last thing we need. For me, though, his greatest crime is to take the time and money of loyal City fans as a given, as something to take for granted. Maybe the next time he intends playing an unrecognisable team in a fixture he could give the suppoters a little more warning, then it would be up to them whether or not they decide to travel and watch the club's youth team lose in a competition we have never had a better chance of winning.
Even beating Chelsea at the weekend won't make this right. This arrogance on his part, this misuse of other people's free-time and money, won't be so easily forgotten. Maybe we can shrug off this kind of team selection (and result) one day in the future, when we haven't gone three and a half decades without winning a trophy, but that day is still some unspecified distance away.

Terrific Post

Although lets be fair to liverpool, Northampton are in League Two
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Elvistheblue » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:29 am

On a slighty more positive note....it's the 21st anniversary of city 5- scum 1 today. Taggart has had 20 years to get the scum to where they are now, Mancini has had 20 minutes.....lets look forward to Chelsea on Saturday and the rest of the season.
Elvistheblue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Gods own club
My favourite player is: Spannish Dave

Postby Mase » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:48 am

Mike J wrote:

adam johnson is the one i feel will be suffering most under mancini at the moment.

is he now part of mancini's 'alternative' squad. he didnt get much of a look in at wigan and im assuming because he played last night he wont be seeing much action on saturday.

I was thinking that before. If Johnson A. doesn't have some part to play on Saturday I'm going to be seriously pissed off!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby guv111 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:49 am

Mike J wrote:

Adam J and several others, I believe, Mike. David Silva (for example) has said that what he really needs in order to bed down in the Premier League is games. It's what our best eleven (whatever that is - it's Mancini's job to know) needs in order to bring smoothness and consistency to another collection of new players. A run out for a few minutes in a vain attempt to salvage a disaster is doing these players no good whatsoever.

On a side note, not letting players know whether they are (or are not) playing just a couple of hours before kick off is a fine example of how to demoralise those not selected.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby david yearsley » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:53 am

MaseCTID wrote:
Mike J wrote:

I was thinking that before. If Johnson A. doesn't have some part to play on Saturday I'm going to be seriously pissed off!

Think last night showed he wll NOT start Sat - it´s 4-5-1 , pack the mid and stop Cashley is the game plan me thinks
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley

Postby ashton287 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:18 am

ant london wrote:Honestly.....I'm not that arsed.

If we are going to go all out for a ("second tier") trophy I would much much rather that trophy be the UEFA cup

how about when were out the FA cup and knocked out of the EL at maybe the quaters (if were lucky), will you be arsed then?.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby ant london » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:30 am

ashton287 wrote:
ant london wrote:Honestly.....I'm not that arsed.

If we are going to go all out for a ("second tier") trophy I would much much rather that trophy be the UEFA cup

how about when were out the FA cup and knocked out of the EL at maybe the quaters (if were lucky), will you be arsed then?.

no I'll be properly fucked off if that happens or our season in the league turns to shit

what i meant was that i would honestly rather (this year at least) concentrate on trying to stay in touch in the league and have a good go in the Europa

due to our injuries and the fact that i don't think we have anything like a settled team as yet (or for the forseeable) I would honestly rather minimise the amount of fucking around with the squad that Mancini feels he should/or actually needs to do.

we have got a lot of players, good ones at that but they still don't know each other well enough. the more times we HAVE to rotate the squad for different competitions, the longer that process will take.

honestly I'd be ambivalent if we went out of the FA Cup early this year too

I think Europa will give the squad decent experience and game time together that will stand us in good stead for the coming years. Being kicked off the park at Watford or the like is not really of any particular use to us this season.

And I would like to emphasise that I am talking about this, key and unique season and this season alone
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:51 am

Colin the King wrote:Bitterly disappointed.

From a boardroom perspective, with Platini's rulings coming into place, Champions League football is obviously the priority. That's fantastic and we can make it a priority. Great. But we took it to extremes. Boyata and Cunningham, with Zabs and Kompany for example. Asking a back four comprised entirely of teenagers, two of whom have never played a competitive game, and one of whom was looking average in the reserves, and sending them out to play together is asking to be beaten. Maybe that's what Mancini and the club wanted.

It's not what we want though is it? The time for being selective about which trophies we'd like to try and win, is after we've fucking won a few. With Liverpool, Spurs, Everton and Chelsea out this was undeniably our best opportunity and we've chucked it in the bin. If we beat Chelsea on Saturday and finish 4th maybe we'll all be content but me, I'm craving a trip to Wembley. That's all I've ever dreamed about as a fan, a cup final at Wembley and it's never come.

There were 1,000, maybe more, Blues down there tonight who parted with their hard earned and made a long trip on a Wednesday night and it's just fucking disrespectful. Prioritising is fine and big clubs do it, but they don't send Paddy Vieira and his 9 children out. Sprinkling of 1st team, sprinkling of squad players, sprinkling of youth. If we'd lost that way at least we could hold our hands up and move on but essentially we've turfed ourselves out of a cup competition, and for the sake of an extra what is it, 5 games including the final? I'm not happy.

This. Absolutely spot on - a potential Cup final that two generations of City fans haven't seen and yet the competition is somehow viewed as beneath us. Words effin fail me.

I'd love Mr Mancini to remind us what the trophy is for finishing 4th, so Ill recognise it if we parade it. Last night was idiotic, arrogant & unforgiveable for a team thats won nowt for umpteen years. I remain convinced Ill meet my maker before we see a trophy polisher
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mike J » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:04 am

guv111 wrote:
Mike J wrote:

Adam J and several others, I believe, Mike. David Silva (for example) has said that what he really needs in order to bed down in the Premier League is games. It's what our best eleven (whatever that is - it's Mancini's job to know) needs in order to bring smoothness and consistency to another collection of new players. A run out for a few minutes in a vain attempt to salvage a disaster is doing these players no good whatsoever.

On a side note, not letting players know whether they are (or are not) playing just a couple of hours before kick off is a fine example of how to demoralise those not selected.

i fully agree. david silva needs as many games as possible to get bedded in. we have a potentially lethal playmaker (i say potential but he has already proved what he can do in spain and at international level) and we are using him in drips and drabs.

i am worried about the johnson situation though. i know its early doors but imo mancini seems scared to actually attack teams. this will be his downfall imo. i find his tactics and team selection utterly stupid at times. when all of our injured players come back we will see what he does then but right now i am not happy at all.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:16 am

Mike J wrote:
guv111 wrote:
Mike J wrote:

i fully agree. david silva needs as many games as possible to get bedded in. we have a potentially lethal playmaker (i say potential but he has already proved what he can do in spain and at international level) and we are using him in drips and drabs.

i am worried about the johnson situation though. i know its early doors but imo mancini seems scared to actually attack teams. this will be his downfall imo. i find his tactics and team selection utterly stupid at times. when all of our injured players come back we will see what he does then but right now i am not happy at all.

Its the Italian method of playing Mike. Winning every game 1-0 would repesent Mancini's wet dream.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:15 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:
Mike J wrote:
guv111 wrote:
Mike J wrote:

Its the Italian method of playing Mike. Winning every game 1-0 would repesent Mancini's wet dream.

Nah, I'm sure our in-house football experts told us Mancini's tactics were attack-minded. Still think they never actually watched his teams play a single game and were just repeating something they read in an article or something.
Fidel Castro

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:06 pm

[youtube]CkSokoieCXU[/youtube]

it's very serious but how many of you unhappy ones will be happy if we beat Chelsea on Saturday?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Kladze » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:15 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
it's very serious but how many of you unhappy ones will be happy if we beat Chelsea on Saturday?

I'll be happy if we beat Chelsea of course. I won't be any less happy about last night though.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Slim » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:24 pm

Kladze wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

I'll be happy if we beat Chelsea of course. I won't be any less happy about last night though.

I am still pissed about losing the SF last season, one win no matter who it's against hasn't made up for that yet.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sandman » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:59 pm

Slim wrote:
Kladze wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

I am still pissed about losing the SF last season, one win no matter who it's against hasn't made up for that yet.

You're still pissed? How hard did you hit the bottle?
sandman

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum