NOT Happy With Mancini!!!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: NOT Happy With Mancini!!!

Postby Burt » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:50 pm

Blue2 wrote:Its going to be a long season and this just shows where our priorities lie - this was the bottom of the list. Not really arsed, we can do without a run in this cup this season.

I understand you're oppinion mate. I just cannot comprehend why we quite simply put out a team that consisted of a big percentage of young lads that had absolutely no experience of reasonable first team football all at the same time, alongside players that are fringe players. I'm more concerned about the negative impact on the young uns. They must feel cheated not having at least a sprinkling of our usual definate first teamers playing with them. Good job we have Given as our backup keeper as it could have been a devasting hammering otherwise.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:51 pm

Socrates wrote:A faltering start? We have several new players to integrate and a string of injuries yet are still 4th and could have been higher still without some freak incidents going against us. The season isn't going to go downhill because a bunch of kids lost to West Brom's reserves in the mickeymouse cup!

As for the team selection of West Brom, well we'd have looked a bit silly if we'd fielded our full stregth side against that lot and then lost key players to injuries!

A loss to Sunderland, a draw at home to Blackburn and a loss to West Brom. I would say that qualifies as 'faltering'.

At least try and have some consistency in your posting. Mancini dropped a major bollock tonight, he owes us on Saturday.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Blue Since 76 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:55 pm

Socrates wrote:A faltering start? We have several new players to integrate and a string of injuries yet are still 4th and could have been higher still without some freak incidents going against us. The season isn't going to go downhill because a bunch of kids lost to West Brom's reserves in the mickeymouse cup!

As for the team selection of West Brom, well we'd have looked a bit silly if we'd fielded our full stregth side against that lot and then lost key players to injuries!

So should we field a weakened side on Saturday in case one of them gets injured? If it was the last game in the Europey League when we're already through, he could play the women's team for all I care. However, this was a one legged tie against premier league opposition away from home and his team selection made it clear he couldn't care less about the competition. I hope I reach a stage when I'm not bothered about the Carling Cup, but that's still many successful seasons away yet.

Whilst it might be reasonable to blood a couple of kids, the selection of all of them made no sense. Maybe go for one fullback and Boyata. Maybe Ibrahim in midfield and a bench full of kids for once we get a couple up. Silva is clearly short of games in our league, as is Yaya, so why rest them?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Socrates » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:55 pm

Mike J wrote:
Socrates wrote:Mancini out - let's get Hodgson. He wouldn't get dumped out of a competition like this away from home against a Premier League side...

its got fuck all to do with hodgson and liverpool. ah awwww people having a pop at mancini?!

Has everything to do with the nature of the competition - the idea we should take it seriously when nobody else does until the semi finals makes us look pathetic. Seem to recall people quickly forgave Hughes for a much more humiliating defeat than this against non-Prem opposition when we went on to reach the quarter finals of the UEFA Cup? With a senior squad of 25 for the major trophies, this competion is even more ridiculous this year. Resources don't mean we have MORE players, just that our second strings are better. We need all 25 to ensure 4th place in the Prem and a good run in Europa, NOT to provide the depth for this out of date cup.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:57 pm

Socrates wrote:Mancini out - let's get Hodgson. He wouldn't get dumped out of a competition like this away from home against a Premier League side...

Why would we want Hodgson? And why would you compare Liverpool's squad to ours? Have they just spent £300m, loaned out their backup centre half/rb & paid their 2nd best striker to go & play in Wales?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:58 pm

Are you really comparing a crisis club on the slide to the richest club in the world with arguably the strongest squad in the league?

Liverpool have major major problems on and off the field. Taking comfort in their fuck ups does not in any way detract from the lack of respect Mancini showed both the fans and the competition tonight. Silva needs game time, as does SWP and quite a few others.

You know that team stank just as much as the rest of us mate.
Original Dub

Postby M147WN » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:59 pm

Svensational wrote:
MaineRoadMemories wrote:
-------------------------GIVEN------------------------------

ZABBA------KOMPANY-----BOYATA------CUNNINGHAM

---SWP----------------VIEIRA------------------JOHNSON--

-------------------------SILVA------------------------------

---------------RSC--------------JO--------------------------

Johnson, Silva and Kompany taken off when comfortably winning

Only Kompany and Johnson are likely to start on Saturday.

Much better line up. We would've won the game by HT most likely.

Doessn't even warrant discussion! Has he been on a bender for a couple of days and stuck a pin in a list of blokes who ever wore the sky blue?? Including fans? .....Fucking naive and clearly isn't in touch with the fans!!

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy!
M147WN
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:03 pm

Socrates wrote:
Mike J wrote:

its got fuck all to do with hodgson and liverpool. ah awwww people having a pop at mancini?!

Has everything to do with the nature of the competition - the idea we should take it seriously when nobody else does until the semi finals makes us look pathetic. Seem to recall people quickly forgave Hughes for a much more humiliating defeat than this against non-Prem opposition when we went on to reach the quarter finals of the UEFA Cup? With a senior squad of 25 for the major trophies, this competion is even more ridiculous this year. Resources don't mean we have MORE players, just that our second strings are better. We need all 25 to ensure 4th place in the Prem and a good run in Europa, NOT to provide the depth for this out of date cup.

I suggest you take a look at the starting line ups of Arsenal, Chelsea, Uni*ed again.

Anelka, Nasri, Ferdinand, Park, Zhirkov, Benayoun, Terry, Rosicky, Wilshere, Ferreira, Zhirkov etc etc

Ok, they maybe didn't have their first teams out, but there was a mixture of first team, subs, kids.

To throw the number of untried kids into the first team was not helpful to them, not helpful to the club, not helpful to the fans who had paid to go.

It was a fucking disgraceful line up and you trying to defend Mancini just shows you up for the wind up merchant most people could see you as when 'he who shall not be named' was in charge.
Last edited by Buffalo Soldier on Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Socrates » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:03 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Are you really comparing a crisis club on the slide to the richest club in the world with arguably the strongest squad in the league?

Liverpool have major major problems on and off the field. Taking comfort in their fuck ups does not in any way detract from the lack of respect Mancini showed both the fans and the competition tonight. Silva needs game time, as does SWP and quite a few others.

They lost at home to a side from League 2, that's the point. In a competition they could well do with winning to ensure European football next season. But that is the nature of THIS COMPETITION. We lost away to a Prem side, big deal. We also escaped it without any injuries to our squad of 25. Far more important than the result.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby MancBornLondonBlue » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:07 pm

I dont know why ppl are saying 'mickey mouse cup' all of a sudden ... just remind me when we last won A cup...would you rather have a cup or maybe get 4th an a long run in europey league but not win it... for all the rags, chelski, scouse dickheads to say yet again 'pent all that money an FUCK all to show for it..'. IMO i would rather have the 'mickey mouse cup' in our trophy cabinet rather than fuck all an hope to get 4th

Times change
Memories fade
Legends never die
MancBornLondonBlue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:07 pm

Socrates wrote:
Mike J wrote:

Just spotted this one. You come out with mind bogglingly arrogant crap at times. We reached the semis last year. We're supposed to be better now, not worse. We signed all these players in order to cope with all competitions. We have ample players to do just that & even now have more available than last season. You may not care about winning this trophy but I recon you're in a tiny minority amongst City fans. Most of us care a lot & know that this was the best chance we've had for decades.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue Since 76 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:08 pm

Socrates wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

They lost at home to a side from League 2, that's the point. In a competition they could well do with winning to ensure European football next season. But that is the nature of THIS COMPETITION. We lost away to a Prem side, big deal. We also escaped it without any injuries to our squad of 25. Far more important than the result.

Is the aim of a football team to win something, or avoid injury? I couldn't care less about finishing 4th, if it's at the expense of winning something. 4th is 3rd best loser and it's only because of the insanity of the 'Champions' League, that more managers don't get sacked for, quite frankly, failing.

At the point when the Sheikh pulls the plug, I want to be able to look back and remember that day at Wembley, lifting that trophy, an open topped bus through town, ripping down that fecking banner. Not on how we finished 4th. Don't think 4th gets listed on a club's honours.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Grob » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:10 pm

I thought Mancini said he wanted to win this trophy?

Still, im sure it will all be alright....
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Beeks » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:12 pm

Nice to see the good old fucking knee jerk reactions out in full

I'll tell you what..let's bring back Swales and swap managers every season

or perhaps every month?

Get a fucking grip ffs
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby paddyblue » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:24 pm

what mancini did tonight was indefensible and an insult to the travelling fans
paddyblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:24 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Nice to see the good old fucking knee jerk reactions out in full

or perhaps every month?

Get a fucking grip ffs

Nothing knee jerk from my reaction mate. I said last week that if Mancini disrespected it we'd get beat.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby aaron bond » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:24 pm

I was disappointed with the team selection as, like us all, I desperately want us to win a trophy. BUT...surely it's clear why the club has taken this approach.

From Mancini's perspective, winning the Carling Cup will be not success in the eyes of his bosses - finishing in the top 4 will. Hughes found this out last season. Therefore, his priority this year is the league, and so he needs to ensure his strongest team available is 100% fit on Saturday as we need to aim for 3 points, with achieving 1 as a minimum.

From the Sheikh and Khaldoon's perspective, they want some return on investment soon and the Carling Cup does not represent this. There isn't a lot of prestige from winning this cup and the financial returns are minimal. Entering the Champions League automatically brings a global audience to the club, not to mention millions into the club's (and Sheikh's) bank account.

I know us fans want a trophy now, and I firmly believe Mancini could have put a stronger side out tonight, but the club's priority is establishing us as a regular 'top 4' club. Once we achieve this once (this season hopefully), with our backing and structure in place, we will enjoy success and win trophies regularly for years to come. So overall, while I'm disappointed with the team selection, it's not a massive deal as there's a bigger picture to look at in my opinion.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:29 pm

aaron bond wrote:I was disappointed with the team selection as, like us all, I desperately want us to win a trophy. BUT...surely it's clear why the club has taken this approach.

From Mancini's perspective, winning the Carling Cup will be not success in the eyes of his bosses - finishing in the top 4 will. Hughes found this out last season. Therefore, his priority this year is the league, and so he needs to ensure his strongest team available is 100% fit on Saturday as we need to aim for 3 points, with achieving 1 as a minimum.

From the Sheikh and Khaldoon's perspective, they want some return on investment soon and the Carling Cup does not represent this. There isn't a lot of prestige from winning this cup and the financial returns are minimal. Entering the Champions League automatically brings a global audience to the club, not to mention millions into the club's (and Sheikh's) bank account.

I know us fans want a trophy now, and I firmly believe Mancini could have put a stronger side out tonight, but the club's priority is establishing us as a regular 'top 4' club. Once we achieve this once (this season hopefully), with our backing and structure in place, we will enjoy success and win trophies regularly for years to come. So overall, while I'm disappointed with the team selection, it's not a massive deal as there's a bigger picture to look at in my opinion.

I think we know all that mate. Still doesn't explain why we had all of the back 4 from the reserves & an 18 year old centre forward debuting in midfield whilst a player who has been deemed surplus to requirements played in his position. Resting some players is unavoidable. What Mancini did was taking the piss.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beeks » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:33 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Nice to see the good old fucking knee jerk reactions out in full

or perhaps every month?

Get a fucking grip ffs

Nothing knee jerk from my reaction mate. I said last week that if Mancini disrespected it we'd get beat.

Ted I don't give a Fuck about the carling cup..what I do give a fuck about is people turning on the manager because we lost a no mark game with a bunch of kids

Premiership is where I'm looking..we are fourth and I'm sure Bobby wants us to stay there..

We get enough fucking shite thrown at us from outside the club without any help from our own fans

Me? I'll judge him at the end of the season..and if we don't win anything this year? I'll still be there the next year and the next until we eventually do..
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:37 pm

Mancini said last season wrote:Mancini is well aware of City's desire to win a trophy for the first time since the League Cup triumph in 1976, and he says the mood around the squad is one of excitement.

He adds, "The players are excited because they have a big chance to change the history of the club, but I don't think they are under extra pressure because of it.

“It's been so many years since we won a trophy, we want to get to the final and we have a good chance to do so.”

So what's changed?

Mancini hasn't even won a single domestic cup game yet in 4 attempts :-(

CC - United 4-3 City
FA - City 1-1 Stoke
FA(r) -Stoke 3-1 City
CC - WBA 2-1 City
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY