**WBA V City Official Match Thread**

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: **WBA V City Official Match Thread**

Postby david yearsley » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:23 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Kladze wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:City should give every single one of those travelling fans their money back tonight, disgraceful lack of respect to the competition and the fans.

And if ANY post should make it onto the official site that was it.

No....MANCINI SHOULD PAY BACK THOSE FANS, THE PISS TAKING CUNT.

Agree - from his own pocket - those blues have been short changed tonight by a conscientious decision to field a third rate side
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:23 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:
citytilidie wrote:what's more important - 3 points in the league or the chance of winning a cup?

Should try to win everything we enter, and if the second tier players and the management are worried about them not getting games then reserve team football isnt being taken seriously enough either. The Carling Cup isnt being taken seriously by our main rivals, certain games excepted, and this was a good chance to progress.

We've got Lescott, Boateng, Bridge, Balotelli, all due back in the next week or two. Why are we so worried about 1 or two of the squad playing an extra game here & there? Just give them a fucking rest next week when their replacements are available.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby trueblue64 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:24 pm

Pool 2-2
There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby TimberJoeysChainsaw » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:26 pm

...so what are they going to use now in this season's documentary seeing that our run last season was a good chunk of time in 'Blue Moon Rising!!!

i really dislike our new attitude of thinking we're actually a top top team when in reality we've achieved nothing. i don't care about Spurs/Everton/Chelsea etc losing.. i care about City,just wish some other people cared as much and while i don't neceassarily want mancini out or anything he definately needs a talking too!
TimberJoeysChainsaw
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: AJ

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:28 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:ALREADY HAD 4 TEXTS FROM IDIOTS.........I COULD SMACK MANCINI IN THE NADS FOR DOING THIS TO US.

Im not even logging into Facebook mate. One of my close friends is Baggie and he and the filth fans on my friends list are probably jisming all over my Facebook wall right now. I'll need a fucking squeegee to clean up with when they are done.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:32 pm

walmai wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:
walmai wrote:Are you West Ham in disguise?

Thing is Walmai, when you haven't won a bloody thing for 30 odd years like us, we have absolutely no right to piss competitions up the wall like we did tonight.

One bad draw in the FA Cup and that will be it for another year. We arent going to win the league or the Europa so its the FA Cup left really, again, in bloody September.

For the sake of research, I've checked your first eleven. I'd say you were 50% 'first teamers', at the start of the match? Although did Boyata play in some important games last term?

Whatever,that writes Di Matteo's teamtalk for him...in circumstances where, frankly, everyone wants to beat you.

That said, that's still half a very good (expensive) team out there. You might not win the league - as much as I wouldn't be calling that in September - but I reckon you've got every chance of winning the Europa or the FA Cup. One thing's for sure, Mancini is either going to learn from this, or he's going to get fired before the FA Cup starts.

Its looking rosy at the moment; the field is opening up nicely... Watch us get knocked out next round by Northampton!

(ps attendance at The Hawthorns a touch on the embarrassingly low side - not that that's a dig at you lot).

The only real current 1st teamer was Johnson. All the would be '1st teamers' bar Vieira were shoehorned into positions upfront. We had 3 centre forwards on the pitch, one of whom, a kid, was put in midfield. He played a reserve team back 4 that regularly struggles at that level.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carolina-blue » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:32 pm

TimberJoeysChainsaw wrote:...so what are they going to use now in this season's documentary seeing that our run last season was a good chunk of time in 'Blue Moon Rising!!!

i really dislike our new attitude of thinking we're actually a top top team when in reality we've achieved nothing. i don't care about Spurs/Everton/Chelsea etc losing.. i care about City,just wish some other people cared as much and while i don't neceassarily want mancini out or anything he definately needs a talking too!

Yes he does ...Hahaha made me smile on a shit night
carolina-blue

Postby blue 68 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:33 pm

Mugged off again, the club wonder why we don't show up for CC games or for Europa games for that matter, it's better away than home at least you can make sure you can get a beer, better value for money even though it costs a lot more.
Our perspective is completely back to front, we've done fook all for too long to start acting like this. Let's just wear our best clobber each and every time we go out and keep our very best for weddings. Feel like a mug.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
blue 68
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:34 pm

nothampton missed a penalty and then eggnog missed his.northampton have scored the second
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:35 pm

Crossie wrote:Lol we're gonna get fucking spanked with that line up.

I'm glad those 11 are getting game time, but really, we have a squad that can fight for 4 competitions, I'd like to win any of them.

Mancini clearly doesnt give a fuck about winning the League Cup

Nostrafucclindamus. Dammit.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:36 pm

What pisses me off is as a fan of this club that has had a barren spell, to put it mildly, to see a team selection more familiar to a club that has won the fucking thing 3 out of 4 years is a tad frustrating. Yes rest the obvious ones but for fucks sake. You cant defend it unless youve got a crystal ball that shows 4th place or better and another cup run in one of the others.
Bianchi on Ice

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:38 pm

Liverpool out at Anfield
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Burt » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:38 pm

Kladze wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:City should give every single one of those travelling fans their money back tonight, disgraceful lack of respect to the competition and the fans.

And the chances of it happening are about the same of finding rocking horse shit.

Good posts by both of you and I am gutted. I want to give our kids as many games as possible but not all chucked in together like tonight. We desperately need to stick a pot in our trophy cabinet and taking such weak chances with tonight's team selection leaves a nasty taste in my mouth with regard to what the club as a whole dismiss fans like myself want.. If it's because Bobby is dismissive of the League Cup then I am angry. If it's because the higher management are dismissive of the League cup then I am very angry. Either way, it makes no sense given the curent squad at our disposal unless there is some serious, heavy shit going on behind the scenes that we are not aware of.

We were playing away at a fellow Premier League ground and although The Baggies also put out a weakened side. They didn't put out a side full of inexperienced players. I do not know the stats but we must have had half our team out tonight that probably had not much more than a handfull of any kind of first team games in ANY world league games between them. Those lads will have had the stuffing knocked out of them and how must they feel now about their potential progress?

I don't usually go off on one about this kind of thing but I feel compelled to do so because I am quite jacked off about this particular scenario. I can handle the bitter, pathetic devilworshipping, rag armchairs at work. They'll get their cum-uppance one day anyway. What I do find difficult is why have we basically not tried to make a decent fist of progressing and potentially winning a domestic trophy that is within our compass.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:39 pm

Liverpool out aswell on pens
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:40 pm

Posts about prioritising cups are ridiculous and reek of small time mentality.

Decent teams do well in ALL competitions, this is what we should aspire to.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby M147WN » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:42 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:
OliverHardy wrote:
citytilidie wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Socrates wrote:
I remember us winning this trophy when it actually meant something! When we break our duck we want to do it in style not by winning the mickey mouse cup - far lesser sides than us have fielded their reserves too this week. Some have faired ok - others have lost such as Everton and Bolton (as indeed have Chelsea). Even West Brom had their reserves out tonight. Get over it.

mug. 34 years.

personally don't think we are in a position to be saying certain cups are below us

its not about saying cups are beneath us mate, its about not risking injury for matches that are vitally important. we already have a massive injury list and mancini has a 4th spot to get if he doesnt want the sack! If swp, barry, tevez, de jong etc would have played tonight and got injured, the weekend (and other games) would suffer. would i prefer to get beat tonight and not risk losing key players? in a word yes.

I don't think Mancini had the option to field a stronger defence with all the injuries we already have (Boateng, Lescott, Bridge and Koralov). If at least 2 were fit, then it would have been a different story. Zabba came on and he's our only option for left back on Saturday but we conceded 2 straight after he was introduced !!
I guess he gambled on the possibility that we will concede but we could score more with Jo, RSC and AJ in the starting line-up. But alas, it did not work.
One thing that he should have done, was putting in Silva and Milner much earlier.

No manager with any knloedge of our past or a decent hold on reality would have "gambled" with this team tonight!
There's a complete lack of understanding between the manger and the fans.
A day at Wembley, win or lose means progress! Mancini doesn't recognise this and our chances of silverware are again cut short in their prime! Cotten on, get wise, call it by any fucking name you want! Sucess breads sucess! Why oh why did he turn down such a golden opportity? Crazy desicion! badly informed and out of touch with reality! He can stuff his fuckin scarf up his arse! ..we want something to crow about and another golden chance goes begging! Fucking clueless!

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy!
M147WN
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby walmai » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:43 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:Liverpool out aswell on pens

Ha ha ha - what a perfect 24 hours - Spuds, Chelsea and Liverpool all lost
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:44 pm

If you haven't eaten for a very long time and someone throws you a cheese sandwich, you would be all over it like you'd never eaten before, so don't give me this "mickey mouse cup" bollox.

It is a mickey mouse cup to successful teams.

Don't get ahead of yourself.

We disrespected a premier league team BIG TIME and we paid the penalty.
Original Dub

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:45 pm

walmai wrote:
Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:Liverpool out aswell on pens

Ha ha ha - what a perfect 24 hours - Spuds, Chelsea and Liverpool all lost

If Wenger has an ounce of nous he should treat this competition half seriously and Arse will win it. Its right there for them.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:46 pm

Burt wrote:
Kladze wrote:

And the chances of it happening are about the same of finding rocking horse shit.

Good posts by both of you and I am gutted. I want to give our kids as many games as possible but not all chucked in together like tonight. We desperately need to stick a pot in our trophy cabinet and taking such weak chances with tonight's team selection leaves a nasty taste in my mouth with regard to what the club as a whole dismiss fans like myself want.. If it's because Bobby is dismissive of the League Cup then I am angry. If it's because the higher management are dismissive of the League cup then I am very angry. Either way, it makes no sense given the curent squad at our disposal unless there is some serious, heavy shit going on behind the scenes that we are not aware of.

We were playing away at a fellow Premier League ground and although The Baggies also put out a weakened side. They didn't put out a side full of inexperienced players. I do not know the stats but we must have had half our team out tonight that probably had not much more than a handfull of any kind of first team games in ANY world league games between them. Those lads will have had the stuffing knocked out of them and how must they feel now about their potential progress?

I don't usually go off on one about this kind of thing but I feel compelled to do so because I am quite jacked off about this particular scenario. I can handle the bitter, pathetic devilworshipping, rag armchairs at work. They'll get their cum-uppance one day anyway. What I do find difficult is why have we basically not tried to make a decent fist of progressing and potentially winning a domestic trophy that is within our compass.

Most of those kids aren't good enough to make it anyway Burt, so even giving them gametime has benefitted nobody. A stronger side with Boyata, Guidetti & Ibrahim in it would have been fair enough but putting so many untried kids in with them was ridiculous. I'm really fucking wound up about this. Just beating Chelsea & Juventus won't wash this away for me. I wanted to win it this year.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum