**WBA V City Official Match Thread**

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: **WBA V City Official Match Thread**

Postby Bingo Lewis » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:56 am

paulmclaren wrote:
OliverHardy wrote:guys guys, go to bed and sleep on it.
we are out after fielding a weak team, its not the end of the world!
spurs are out, chelsea are out, everton are out, we aint alone, just chill
those slating mancini, well its just typical city fans really, over reactions.
just calm down, its 4th spot, the FA Cup or Europe league we are really after isnt it?
everyone moans about the youngsters not being given a run out, well they were tonight

I agree with Oliver.
You lot should take a chill pill.
Was only the poxy cc anyway.
We've the fa cup, euro cup and prem to worry about.
Feel sorry for the travelling army though.
Isn't a cheap night out no more.

Course you agree with him, you're the same person you schizo fuck.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby ronk » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:43 am

Michigan Blue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:honestly, of that list of starters -- 5 probably don't have Premier League chops, and to put them all on the pitch together, with some of our 2nd team'ers, was just an act of hubris. I can't find fault with RSC or Jo at all, but those 5 academy kids/reservists was a shocking move to play a Premier League club, away, when surely we'd be seen as a big scalp to take down in what is ordinarily a really well-supported, loud ground for away teams to matter.

when you add it up like that it's way less ambitious and not very thoughtful to field the team Mancini did.

cheers

Great post, 100% agreed.

I think in the back of his mind Mancio thought he had a squad capable of the quadruple on September 1st but was all out of sorts once injuries hit.

Fair enough, Balotelli, Richards, Lescott, Bridge, etc. would have featured if everyone was healthy, but injuries happen. I respect keeping the powder dry for Chelsea but keeping it that dry bordered on the cowardly. Even Ancelotti was giving Anelka, Terry, etc. a run out tonight.

Mancini has hitched his cart to the next two results, and it had better be four points at a minimum or his gambit will have failed, and badly.

Mancini played pretty much as strong a team as he could have aside from resting a few players who are irreplaceable due to form or injury induced lack of cover. We could have put Kompany and Toure out against WBA but we still might have lost and if they'd gotten injured we would have been playing one of last night's starting centre halves against Chelsea.

A decision was made in terms of squad size that saw Onuoha, Garrido and Caicedo off while guys like Logan and Etuhu didn't leave. Sure, that was because they were less in demand. I don't really see Logan or Etuhu staying beyond their contracts.

You have to give players a debut sometime. 1st starts for 3 out of 4 defenders was probably a bit (a lot) much, but Mancini has said that he would have fielded a stronger team if there hadn't been so many injuries. We have injury problems now, but if we push the remaining players too hard we might end up with an even worse injury situation.

We have 9 defenders in the squad who we'd even consider playing, counting Boyata. 5 of them are injured. We're mostly managing because we have some good players left, but we're still basically hoping that we can get someone back for Chelsea or we'll have to move a midfielder back.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:53 pm

Given -- Needed to have a run out
Vidal -- debut and a weak link
Mee -- debut and a weak link
Boyata -- solid young player, I agree but not experienced enough to cover the weakness around him
Cunningham -- completed a shaky back four
Vieira -- old man who should not be playing for us
Johnson -- I bet this brought him down to earth with a bump
Ibrahim -- will not make it at the top level
Jo -- if mancini and bellamy were friends Jo would not be a City player
RSC -- Only here because no-one will buy him
Guidetti -- Debut and the jury is out on whether he is good enough at this level

Questions over a few players? Yep just a bloody few

Now subs:
Zabaleta - brought on and 5 minutes later we had conceded two goals
Milner
Silva

Subs were not used early enough considering the awful game we were playing and we were outclassed by a bunch of 2nd rate reserves

Anyone defending Mancini for the line up and the performance last night needs shooting. Although there are always the ones who put their fingers in their ears and sing blah blah blah, but we know who those are.

Plain and simple, it was a shocking performance from a shocking team line up.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:27 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Given -- Needed to have a run out
Vidal -- debut and a weak link
Mee -- debut and a weak link
Boyata -- solid young player, I agree but not experienced enough to cover the weakness around him
Cunningham -- completed a shaky back four
Vieira -- old man who should not be playing for us
Johnson -- I bet this brought him down to earth with a bump
Ibrahim -- will not make it at the top level
Jo -- if mancini and bellamy were friends Jo would not be a City player
RSC -- Only here because no-one will buy him
Guidetti -- Debut and the jury is out on whether he is good enough at this level

Questions over a few players? Yep just a bloody few

Now subs:
Zabaleta - brought on and 5 minutes later we had conceded two goals
Milner
Silva

Subs were not used early enough considering the awful game we were playing and we were outclassed by a bunch of 2nd rate reserves

Anyone defending Mancini for the line up and the performance last night needs shooting. Although there are always the ones who put their fingers in their ears and sing blah blah blah, but we know who those are.

Plain and simple, it was a shocking performance from a shocking team line up.

Fuck me, that was 24 hours later!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:28 pm

Yes we need to blood some youngsters and yes, the squad needs some games. But there has to be a mix. The team below would probably contain only 2 starters for Saturday (plus Johnson, who'd I'd have assumed would start, but since he played, who knows). A couple of youngsters get a game, but with support from others. If that team had lost, some of the senior players would need to take a look at themselves, but at least there may have been some semblance of organisation.

Given
Zab Toure Boyata Cunningham
Vieira
SWP Silva Johnson
Jo Giudetti
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby getdressedmctavish » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:20 pm

Having had 24 hours to reflect I realise I was over critical and unreservedly withdraw the word "italian"
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum