Training Tuesday 21/9

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Tuesday 21/9

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:06 pm

Quite a low key session today I thought. A large group today including Adebayor and Boateng but missing Micah , Bridge and Lesott although Joleon did come out a little later and worked fully 1 to 1 with a physio.Reserves included were Mee, Guidetti,Cunningham,Boyata,Vidal,Kay,Ibrahim,McDermott.

Plenty of warm up stuff going on which concluded with them all pairing off and just passing the ball to each other.Little and large were nearest to me with SWP saying to PV at one point " how many medals have you won and still you can't pass straight" SWP then missplaced a left footer and said" that's why I don't play on the left wing" and during all this PV was taking the mick and regularly chipping the ball just over SWP's head.All good fun.

They then broke into 2 groups and worked on pass and move stuff as I wandered across to watch the kepeers a bit closer. Massimo was working them hard as ever. ( just Shay,Joe and Stu today)An excellent session while I watched using the police cones across the 6 yard box and firing low shots in to get deflections and test their reactions and then have to get up to save a full blooded shot.

I was expecting them to finish with a game of sorts but they didn't. A large group wandered off to a pitch behind a fence leaving about 10 to do some pure fitness and running routines.Yaya,Barry,NDJ,Kolo,Carlos,Milner,Silva in this lot.Of the others some just went in but Mancini did get to work with an 11. Maybe the team for tomorrow but I doubt it as it only included 1 of what I would call an obvious first team choice , and he hasn't been playing from the start. After a few minutes he did change 3 or 4 players so it's hard to say who will start.

PS no MJ today
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Tuesday 21/9

Postby johnno » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:40 pm

cheers Doug!
johnno
De Michelis's Pace

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: John Guidetti

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:48 pm

cheers Doug. any extra info on how Adebadleg and Boateng looked ?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:15 pm

brite blu sky wrote:cheers Doug. any extra info on how Adebadleg and Boateng looked ?

Both looked fine. I think Mancini has said that if he is ok tomorrow Ade will probably play. Boateng might just be kept out of the starting line up but get on as sub at most would be my guess.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:16 pm

Cheers Doug
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Thai » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:25 pm

Thanks for the report Doug
A Blue Forever
Thai
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Mike J » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:44 pm

really looking forward to boateng coming back
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby steveo_88 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:26 pm

Somehow I don't think Vieira was intentionally chipping balls over SWP's head, it was more likely an attempt at a square pass!

Thanks as always Doug.
South Stand Blue

steveo_88
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Jesus Navas
My favourite player is: Eyal Berkovic

Return to The Maine Football forum