Spoilt fans and modern day supporters

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Spoilt fans and modern day supporters

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:35 pm

First of all, i have been accused by another member of having nothing positve to say about city fans and this post may seem like that but i'm not having a go for having a go sake, there are good reasons.

Now i've read this forum, bluemoon and a few other city forums since yesterday and never again will i read a forum so soon after a game. Now we all have opinions and that is what makes football so great and healthy but i cannot understand some of the rubbish spouted by so called fans after such a frustrating game where we were UNLUCKY not to win. I expected us to win as we were at home but i didn't expect an easy game and i certainly did not expect Hart to make a silly mistake or for us to waste so many chances and come away with a 1-1 draw. Some of the comments i have witness have been nothing short of astonishing and why does it always have to end up as the managers fault? I cannot see how it was Mancini's fault that Tevez missed that chance at Sunderland and Richards acted like a fool and gave away the pen. I cannot see how it was Mancini's fault that Hart made a silly mistake and we couldn't put the ball in the net. The same old same old comes out when it doesn't go our way - "The tactics" "The way the team was set up" even though it is the same tactics and same set up that beat Liverpool 3-0 and everyone was praising that result. Sometimes it just doesn't happen for us. On another day we would of picked up the win at both Sunderland and yesterday but it wasn't to be, we were unlucky both off the pitch with injuries and on the pitch with decisions but even though that is my opinion and even though i find it annoying that people always have to find someone to blame instead of giving the opposition team credit for playing well or just facing upto the fact that we were unlucky and it wasn't to be, i live with that as it's my opinion and even though some won't agree like i said it is what keeps football healthy and makes it so interesting.

What i cannot accept is the disgraceful action from some sections of the ground yesterday at half time. The booing off of the players. What the fuck is going on at Eastlands? Do these people excpect us to be winning 3-0 because we have spent £300m on players? They are spoilt brats who empahsise just what is wrong with modern day football with the instand results and now, now, now attitude that surrounds them. I cannot understand why a fan boo's their team or players but i cannot understand it even more at half time in a game that was exciting for us and one which we dominated and were unlucky not to be ahead and unlucky to concede a soft silly goal. Can these people not see that or do they just automatically think that Blackburn should be a walkover because we are the richest club in the world and they are a small club from lancashire?

I was really ashamed to be a blue yesterday at half time, the players must of been going off wondering what the fuck they needed to do to not deserve a booing off. I really think that we have to take the lead or minimum go in level at home games from now on because there will be boos if we aren't winning and that saddens me and pisses me off about modern day football supporters.

I really do think we need a reality check because the attitude of city fans at the minute is one that is not good for the club. Success is not going to be instant, there are going to be days like yesterday and even if we were the finished article there will still be days like yesterday to come because that is football.

I love this club, always have, always will but i am falling out of love with the people that support it or maybe it's football fans in general? I don't know. But what i do know is that i will be giving the cyber world of football forums i miss after games because they get me frustrated and angry more that a 1-1 draw at home to blackburn should be.

CTWD!!!
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Re: Spoilt fans and modern day supporters

Postby spiv » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:18 pm

A lot of the booing was aimed at the referee but it's not good for the players to hear booing when they are walking off the pitch.
spiv
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: .

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:39 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:First of all, i have been accused by another member of having nothing positve to say about city fans and this post may seem like that but i'm not having a go for having a go sake, there are good reasons.

Now i've read this forum, bluemoon and a few other city forums since yesterday and never again will i read a forum so soon after a game. Now we all have opinions and that is what makes football so great and healthy but i cannot understand some of the rubbish spouted by so called fans after such a frustrating game where we were UNLUCKY not to win. I expected us to win as we were at home but i didn't expect an easy game and i certainly did not expect Hart to make a silly mistake or for us to waste so many chances and come away with a 1-1 draw. Some of the comments i have witness have been nothing short of astonishing and why does it always have to end up as the managers fault? I cannot see how it was Mancini's fault that Tevez missed that chance at Sunderland and Richards acted like a fool and gave away the pen. I cannot see how it was Mancini's fault that Hart made a silly mistake and we couldn't put the ball in the net. The same old same old comes out when it doesn't go our way - "The tactics" "The way the team was set up" even though it is the same tactics and same set up that beat Liverpool 3-0 and everyone was praising that result. Sometimes it just doesn't happen for us. On another day we would of picked up the win at both Sunderland and yesterday but it wasn't to be, we were unlucky both off the pitch with injuries and on the pitch with decisions but even though that is my opinion and even though i find it annoying that people always have to find someone to blame instead of giving the opposition team credit for playing well or just facing upto the fact that we were unlucky and it wasn't to be, i live with that as it's my opinion and even though some won't agree like i said it is what keeps football healthy and makes it so interesting.

What i cannot accept is the disgraceful action from some sections of the ground yesterday at half time. The booing off of the players. What the fuck is going on at Eastlands? Do these people excpect us to be winning 3-0 because we have spent £300m on players? They are spoilt brats who empahsise just what is wrong with modern day football with the instand results and now, now, now attitude that surrounds them. I cannot understand why a fan boo's their team or players but i cannot understand it even more at half time in a game that was exciting for us and one which we dominated and were unlucky not to be ahead and unlucky to concede a soft silly goal. Can these people not see that or do they just automatically think that Blackburn should be a walkover because we are the richest club in the world and they are a small club from lancashire?

I was really ashamed to be a blue yesterday at half time, the players must of been going off wondering what the fuck they needed to do to not deserve a booing off. I really think that we have to take the lead or minimum go in level at home games from now on because there will be boos if we aren't winning and that saddens me and pisses me off about modern day football supporters.

I really do think we need a reality check because the attitude of city fans at the minute is one that is not good for the club. Success is not going to be instant, there are going to be days like yesterday and even if we were the finished article there will still be days like yesterday to come because that is football.

I love this club, always have, always will but i am falling out of love with the people that support it or maybe it's football fans in general? I don't know. But what i do know is that i will be giving the cyber world of football forums i miss after games because they get me frustrated and angry more that a 1-1 draw at home to blackburn should be.

CTWD!!!

I never boo City & don't agree with it at all, it's disgraceful but the rest of your post is complete hogwash. Yes we were unlucky not to score another goal which may have won us the game but to suggest that because we beat Liverpool with a similar formation (with different players in different positions & much better balanced) the same tactics against Blackburn fucking Rovers is beyond criticism; total bollocks. We were up against Torres, Gerrard playing in a team that wanted to win last time. This time we were up against a team that put everybody behind the ball & can't string 3 fucking passes together & when they do one of them's a fucking back pass. No comparison whatsoever. Blackburn are a fucking terrible away side & should be fodder for our attack. One up front v them at home? Bullshit. It deserves every bit of criticism it got. With our options in attack it's unacceptable.

The proof of how wrong the tactics & selection were was how much better we looked when Barry came on & when we started actually pushing everyone forward, you know, like top teams who want to win do when they're at home against relegation candidates? If the game had gone on 20 more minutes we would have won 4-0 but it was too fucking late. Unlucky yes but fucking bad tactics & selection as well.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby roblues » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:53 pm

Ted covered most of what I wanted to say on reading this post, so I will just give my feelings on yesterday in a nutshell. I can't stand the booing, especially at half time when it can only make things worse for the team. Even at full time the players who heard the booing could only really question whether they tried hard enough and I don't think the problem was individual effort. We have to be taking the game to teams like Blackburn and the inclusion of Vieira in midfield is, in my opinion, an indication that we were being cautious rather than positive. At the end of the game, unlucky or not, I was unhappy with our approach to the game and welcome any constructive discussion about ways in which we can avoid repeats in the future. Big nutshell, apologies.
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:55 pm

in 211 the booing was towards clattenbung, of that i'm fairly certain.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby spiv » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:02 pm

We shouldn't boo referees when it is in earshot of the players, it just gets taken the wrong way.
spiv
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: .

Postby Dronny » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:59 am

spiv wrote:We shouldn't boo referees when it is in earshot of the players, it just gets taken the wrong way.

I agree, I watched on Football First and was pissed off to hear the booing, perhaps a good old rendition of "the referee's a wanker" might be more appropriate
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:20 am

I don't boo players off. It just never crosses my mind to do it.
However, playing with those players against a team not really coming to win is pathetic. It's not like we don't have attacking options. Why does mancini have to be so over cautious?
And it's no good saying we were unlucky, or made a bizarre mistake. I appreciate that at Sunderland Tevez should have scored, and although I was a bit pissed on Saturday and I'm still not really sure what the fuck Hart did, I know it was freakish. But sides with genuine top of the table aspirations find a way to win. We can't chuck points away against shite opposition anymore. That performance was simply not good enough and I'm afraid it stems from our manager's team selection.
As it happens, I don't actually remember too much booing. And for what it's worth, I thought blaming the ref seemed to be merely blaming somebody else for our own short comings.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:26 am

I guess this (from BBC) fits under this post. Any truth in it ?

12 September 2010 Last updated at 13:09 GMT

Probe into bottle thrown at Man City and Blackburn game
Manchester City and Blackburn Rovers drew 1-1 at the City of Manchester stadium Police have started an investigation after a glass bottle was thrown as players were leaving the pitch after the Manchester City and Blackburn game.

The teams met at the City of Manchester stadium on Saturday afternoon. The game ended in a 1-1 draw.

Greater Manchester Police said no players or members of the crowd were injured in the incident.

The bottle was seized by police and an investigation is under way, the police spokesman said
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby ashton287 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:35 am

Dubaimancityfan wrote:I guess this (from BBC) fits under this post. Any truth in it ?

12 September 2010 Last updated at 13:09 GMT

Probe into bottle thrown at Man City and Blackburn game
Manchester City and Blackburn Rovers drew 1-1 at the City of Manchester stadium Police have started an investigation after a glass bottle was thrown as players were leaving the pitch after the Manchester City and Blackburn game.

The teams met at the City of Manchester stadium on Saturday afternoon. The game ended in a 1-1 draw.

Greater Manchester Police said no players or members of the crowd were injured in the incident.

The bottle was seized by police and an investigation is under way, the police spokesman said

Got an image of a bottle lying on the floor and 12 police men piling on it shouting stay down
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Bingo Lewis » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:29 am

I never heard any booing at all after the game. saying that though, I was hurling abuse at Diouf so wasn't concentrating.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby mcfctm » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:51 pm

People pay their money and its up to them whether they want to do it or not. Sometimes its right and sometimes its wrong but I think most of the booing on saturday was down to frustation and mostly aimed at the ref.
mcfctm
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:25 pm

mcfctm wrote:People pay their money and its up to them whether they want to do it or not. Sometimes its right and sometimes its wrong but I think most of the booing on saturday was down to frustation and mostly aimed at the ref.

It's never right if it's aimed at our players. It could have been the ref who was the target on Saturday fair enough, but we heard some doing it last season. People who boo our own players should just fuck off, stick thieir money up their arses & never come back imo. The majority of us don't want them in our ground.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:18 pm

I can't understand how it was aimed at the ref, he'd not actually done anything wrong in the last few minutes. Yes, he was shit and I can't stand the fiddling git, but to boo off a ref with no near-previous misdemeanors just seems ridiculous. Personally I was shocked, and if anything I don't believe it was aimed at anyone other than the players/manager. The expectation levels have been raised so high again, especially after the Dippers game, that certain members expect instant gratification and if it doesn't come, then watch out all in their way.

Anyone remember the Villa situation when the players, Agbonlahor in particular, were getting real grief because they'd lost a couple of games after being in the top 4? Well, this to me is exactly the same thing and if results at home fail to go our way for whatever reason, I can see some of the players being singled out for some serious criticism.

But let's face it, it's nothing new - anyone remember the times of Ricky Edghill?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby mcfctm » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:40 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
mcfctm wrote:People pay their money and its up to them whether they want to do it or not. Sometimes its right and sometimes its wrong but I think most of the booing on saturday was down to frustation and mostly aimed at the ref.

It's never right if it's aimed at our players. It could have been the ref who was the target on Saturday fair enough, but we heard some doing it last season. People who boo our own players should just fuck off, stick thieir money up their arses & never come back imo. The majority of us don't want them in our ground.

Fair enough but fans just get caught up in the moment. Booing never helps and players could think, why should I bother
if Im going to get booed.
However I can give an example of when practically the whole of eastlands was booing and rightly so in my opinion. When Joey Barton handed in a transfer request 2 days before the end of the January transfer window. Can't remember who we played but I remember booing him myself (even though I like Joey and still do) and he had a stormer that match. So sometimes it is necessary.
mcfctm
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Nick » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:19 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:I never heard any booing at all after the game. saying that though, I was hurling abuse at Diouf so wasn't concentrating.

same. Diouf is a cunttttttt.

didnt see a bottle but someone behind me through an apple.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Dronny » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:29 am

Nick wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:I never heard any booing at all after the game. saying that though, I was hurling abuse at Diouf so wasn't concentrating.

Thank fuck they didn't have any other fruit.
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby ashton287 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:54 am

The blackburn fans were throwing coins after the game anyway and that fat cunt was trying to give everyone shit outside the ground so the police followed him right down the road.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Feed The Goat » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:34 pm

Nick wrote:

A bottle was thrown from the Colin bell towards diouf whilst he was goading city fans. Or as the FA and Arsenal like to call it insighting a riot.
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Return to The Maine Football forum