standing in 110

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

standing in 110

Postby 9secondlegend » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:00 pm

does anyone know if anyone got nicked in 110?
a few people were dragged out but i dont know if they came back?
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Re: standing in 110

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:48 pm

9secondlegend wrote:does anyone know if anyone got nicked in 110?

It ruined the game for me yesterday all the messing about from Show Sec. They have not be arsed for months about people standing and then for some reason yesterday they start having a go. People were paying more attention to them than the game. It was utter bollocks.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby 9secondlegend » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:59 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
9secondlegend wrote:does anyone know if anyone got nicked in 110?

It ruined the game for me yesterday all the messing about from Show Sec. They have not be arsed for months about people standing and then for some reason yesterday they start having a go. People were paying more attention to them than the game. It was utter bollocks.

but ignoring the whole south stand including 90& of the blackburn fans
showsec were getting pretty nasty at one point down the front.
9secondlegend

Postby ashton287 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:22 pm

1 guy went to complain and another got took to the back to "have a chat", i thought it was quite fun telling them to move out the fucking way. When they were getting ignored they kept telling each other

"Just keep being vocal, aslong as were telling them it doesnt matter because weve done our job"

Sucks to be in 109 getting told to sit down when i am 1 seat away and allowed to stand.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:37 pm

Can understand both parties. I do know someone who moved from 109 because of the standing but then i can also understand why those who want to stand get frustrated by people telling them to sit down when everyone is doing it without any hassel 10 yards away.
the_georgian_genius

Postby spiv » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:27 pm

It is double standards that the club need to sort out when people are getting hassled for standing in one section and a few yards away blind eyes are being turned. Oh and showsec stewards are all wankers, probably all rags.
spiv
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: .

Postby gillie » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:34 pm

I was in 118 and stood all game no one said a dicky bird to me or the hundreds round me.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Lee_Kinda » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:20 pm

was a nightmare, in 110 so can stand anyway but they were in the way whenever the ball went down the other end....
the easiest thing is just to make 109 standing as well, it was pretty obvious everyone in 109 seemed to want to stand anyway!
pointless exercise that one!
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby 9secondlegend » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:57 am

The sooner standing sections come back the better in my opinion. It seems that most of the people around me want to stand.
9secondlegend

Postby ashton287 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:55 am

I remember wigan last season when they give us the whole lower tier of the south stand because wigan fans are shit and they advertised it saying "Fancy a one night stand", i sat there because it was me my missus 3 kids and 4 mates and it was the only place we could sit together then as soon as i stood up some tart started complaining. The stewards tried telling me to sit down and i just told him to fuck off and die and turned away from him and he fucked off. It makes it worse when people start talking to them and try reasoning with them. If everyone in 109 just stood there and ignored them they would fuck off and leave them alone and it would become part of the standing section.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Craig B » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:31 am

ashton287 wrote:I remember wigan last season when they give us the whole lower tier of the south stand because wigan fans are shit and they advertised it saying "Fancy a one night stand", i sat there because it was me my missus 3 kids and 4 mates and it was the only place we could sit together then as soon as i stood up some tart started complaining. The stewards tried telling me to sit down and i just told him to fuck off and die and turned away from him and he fucked off. It makes it worse when people start talking to them and try reasoning with them. If everyone in 109 just stood there and ignored them they would fuck off and leave them alone and it would become part of the standing section.

That Wigan game was weird in the way the 'new' fans that were in place of the away supporters seemed to be prawn sandwich eaters in between the usual standing brigade of The South Stand (I'm in Aisle 116) and 110. I think we were all a little surprised at how morose they were in comparison to us lot although to be fair not everyone wants to stand. I've been surprised how the Showsec nobheads have left us alone for the past 2 or 3 seasons - didn't used to be that way. I was sent warning letters for my 'persistent standing' and was even moved for one game (along with my entire row). Then all of a sudden - absolutely nothing. I presumed they just gave up.
"..The object of playing any game is for enjoyment. If you have enjoyed it and done your best you have won no matter what the result." - Joe Mercer OBE
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:47 am

So this bloke goes to a game with his three kids and the first thing they hear is dad cursing a steward and telling him to "fuck off and die." Great parenting skills there.
BobbyJ1956
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

My favourite player is: Ali Benarbia

Postby blue wine » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:02 am

there was a funny story a few weeks back the the FC Zurich fans. they have been protesting for a few years now that they want a standing section back. the government said no, so they unscrewed all the seats them selfs...2000 seats.

http://www.20min.ch/news/kreuz_und_quer/story/28069170

the fans screwed the seats back in at the next game.
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby Dazzacity » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:20 am

blue wine wrote:there was a funny story a few weeks back the the FC Zurich fans. they have been protesting for a few years now that they want a standing section back. the government said no, so they unscrewed all the seats them selfs...2000 seats.

People in England wouldnt do something like this as we no longer have any bollocks. Was chattin to some Red Star Begrade fans not so long ago and I admire their ultras. They basically said that in their country, they do what the fook they like and stand up against the government rather than just accepting stupid rules and regs. Something we should adopt over here.

If our grounds were like some of these we see overseas, Id defo be a season ticket holder and would be addicted. I usually make a handful of games a season these days as I struggle to come to terms with spendin £100 + to sit next to a bunch of miserable, moaning, lifeless fookers.
Last edited by Dazzacity on Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby patrickblue » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:33 am

I just wish they would sort it. I'm right on the end of the row next to the 110 aisle and the block to my left is all standing. They seem to think they have paid for the privilege, whereas as far as I know, there no such thing as a standing area. I'm up and down like a yoyo all game. In all honesty I would rather stand, but if I have to sit, so be it. What I can't be doing is this half and half.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby ashton287 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:37 am

BobbyJ1956 wrote:So this bloke goes to a game with his three kids and the first thing they hear is dad cursing a steward and telling him to "fuck off and die." Great parenting skills there.

not my kids faggot, My cousins. 2 of them are 13 and one is 15. If you think that kind of language would in any way be a shock to them your a tit. They sit on the xbox shooting people in the face and then telling the guy they just shot what a slag his mum is, same as any other kids there age. I swore when i was that age when my mum wasnt around and so did you. Won't do them any harm.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:50 am

Dazzacity wrote:
blue wine wrote:there was a funny story a few weeks back the the FC Zurich fans. they have been protesting for a few years now that they want a standing section back. the government said no, so they unscrewed all the seats them selfs...2000 seats.

People in England wouldnt do something like this as we no longer have any bollocks. Was chattin to some Red Star Begrade fans not so long ago and I admire their ultras. They basically said that in their country, they do what the fook they like and stand up against the government rather than just accepting stupid rules and regs. Something we should adopt over here.

If our grounds were like some of these we see overseas, Id defo be a season ticket holder and would be addicted. I usually make a handful of games a season these days as I struggle to comin to terms with spend £100 + to sit next to a bunch of miserable, moaning, lifeless fookers.

The prem league would just issue us with snctions. The problem here is the lack of consistency across all grounds for both home and away fans.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:18 pm

When the stewards told them to sit down most just started with 'Stand up if you love City' and they all stood up.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Rae4685 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:19 pm

ashton287 wrote:
BobbyJ1956 wrote:So this bloke goes to a game with his three kids and the first thing they hear is dad cursing a steward and telling him to "fuck off and die." Great parenting skills there.

not my kids faggot, My cousins. 2 of them are 13 and one is 15. If you think that kind of language would in any way be a shock to them your a tit. They sit on the xbox shooting people in the face and then telling the guy they just shot what a slag his mum is, same as any other kids there age. I swore when i was that age when my mum wasnt around and so did you. Won't do them any harm.

Why are there so many opinionated pricks on this forum that love to jump in and comment on a small part of somebodies post and start getting personal instead of enjoying the debate of which were supposed to be discussing? BUNCH OF FUCKING NO LIFE HAVING MASTURBATING ON YOUR OWN IN THE DARK FAGGOTS!!!
Rae4685
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby s1ty m » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:37 pm

Interesting. I am on Row C in 110, season ticket, so was in the middle of the hassle. Nothing said at the Liverpool game, Saturday was just mad; it appeared that only 110 were getting hassled by Show Sec, other blocks, including the away support were standing all game.

It was quite entertaining, I have to admit. There was a lot of arguing, but some very funny moments too.

I have always thought that the vast majority of fans at a football match will self-regulate. Show Sec were on a hiding to nothing. Their strategy was crap.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum