£3.90 or better set-up behind the bar?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

£3.90 or better set-up behind the bar?

Postby Nige » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:06 am

Alright the result yesterday was a bit of a let down and the match thread and 'why we can't score' comments have probably summed everything up for me.

One thing I want your views on though.

At halftime in block 324 the bar was almost empty. This was very strange and when I discussed this with the supervisor he tried to tell me it was down to the fantastic service structure and new pooring system. I begged to differ and suggested it was being driven by sky high prices.

What was it like near you, and what do you think? I'm gonna send an email to the dude who looks after the match day experience but wanted to get a broader view before suggesting my own selfish thoughts.

Cheers
lets wish for good days but not forget the bad days
Nige
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Fern 1

Re: £3.90 or better set-up behind the bar?

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:16 am

Steady stream at the bar in 323 but was only about 2 people deep, unlike the usual 5. The new fast pour system obviously helped and the fact that they had half poured most of the beer. £3.60 for a Fosters is obviously way over the top, especially when you consider that you can get a decent Stella at less cost just down the road. However, for a sporting event it's not too bad and to be totally honest, I don't take the cost into consideration.

Just looking back, is this the same bar - the nearest one to the toilets/walkway?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:29 pm

roy clarke bar in south stand was the usual scrum.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:34 pm

The food bar in the family stand T2 was a scrum as usual, no changes in service there except for higher prices.

The beer bar was almost completely empty before the game and at half time. If I have noticed anything, it is that the lads in our party got a brew rather than a pint, so the club are shooting themselves in the foot as we are spending less.

Also, totally fucking frustrating - the beer bar sells coffee, but not tea or Bovril. FFS, all they have to do is put a pre-prepared chuffin cup under the hot water tap. As a result, one bar is almost empty, and the food bar is hammered with people who want a hot drink other than coffee.

In other words, its the usual farce.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby spiv » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:54 pm

Dont know about the bar but the quality of the food that is being served is going downhill. I used to get one of them foot long hot dogs at half time but i dont bother now as the bread roll is hard and falling apart from being left too long under the heater and is also sliced completely in half so you have no chance of putting any mustard or ketchup on it. The thing just falls apart as you take it out of the wrapper.
spiv
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: .

Postby Feed The Goat » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:13 pm

Half time in the south stand and they had no draft at one bar just pouring half cups together. No sign of the new multiple pourers we got promised
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby stinky pete » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:50 pm

people will always moan if you dont like it dont buy it? a couple of pints and a pie and most of your 20quid is gone!
stinky pete
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: v kompany

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:39 pm

Have never bought anything in the ground for years but i do know that the bars in the third tiers are always empty simply because there is more bars to people ratio that the rest of the ground.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:46 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:Have never bought anything in the ground for years but i do know that the bars in the third tiers are always empty simply because there is more bars to people ratio that the rest of the ground.

I don't know mate, I sometimes have to walk down to the second tier cos it's so busy. Probably more piss-heads up with me ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:48 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:Have never bought anything in the ground for years but i do know that the bars in the third tiers are always empty simply because there is more bars to people ratio that the rest of the ground.

I don't know mate, I sometimes have to walk down to the second tier cos it's so busy. Probably more piss-heads up with me ;-)

Would that be at half time? To be fair i'm basing my past experience before the game when it's probably half full anyway.
the_georgian_genius

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:55 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Would that be at half time? To be fair i'm basing my past experience before the game when it's probably half full anyway.

Half time mate, usually a couple of minutes wait prior to the game. However, now we're on fast-flow, it's a lot quicker.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ronk » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:57 pm

How would people feel about variable pricing for pints?

Common enough round here in bars. Cheaper pints until 20-30 minutes before kickoff. Get fans into the ground earlier and get more use out of the bars. It's always going to be more expensive to maintain and staff a bar that's only going to be busy for 40 minutes or so 19-30 times per season.

Club would probably make more money too.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby spiv » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:11 pm

stinky pete wrote:people will always moan if you dont like it dont buy it? a couple of pints and a pie and most of your 20quid is gone!

I dont like it and i dont buy it anymore, the food in the ground is shit and when you question them they just blame it on the suppliers. The food in the ground is just not good enough.
spiv
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: .

Postby Fish111 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:18 am

I have and will continue to take my own beer into the ground. I consider myself to be a responsible adult for the most part and i have never used my bottle as a weapon in the 7 or 8 years we've been at coms. I don't think i have ever queued up inside Eastlands for beer.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Nige » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:55 pm

OK thanks all.

I'll drop the fella a holding note saying food quality is shit and we deserve better. I like the varied pricing structure leading up to kick-off but piss pots like beefy would just get there at 1pm and buy 10 pints at £2... haha
lets wish for good days but not forget the bad days
Nige
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Fern 1

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:59 pm

Nige wrote:OK thanks all.

I'll drop the fella a holding note saying food quality is shit and we deserve better. I like the varied pricing structure leading up to kick-off but piss pots like beefy would just get there at 1pm and buy 10 pints at £2... haha

Ha ha ha, twat ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum