Team for Blackburn

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Team for Blackburn

Postby Bingo Lewis » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:23 pm

i'd go

-----------------hart

richards----kolo---vinny--lescott

milner---yaya-----bazza---jonno

---------------silva

----------------rsc

rather santa than jo tbh, silva would feed off him for fun, and i'd play jonno / milner on the proper flanks to feed santa.

good team imo
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby the_georgian_genius » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:29 pm

Green & Blue wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:How about the 11 Mancini first worked with today:
Hart
Richards/Toure/Vinnie/lescott
AJ/Yaya/Vieira/Silva/SWP
Jo

Not sure about Paddy V and swp.Vieira might get a look in as he had no international involvement, although i would much prefer Barry and Milner in for them.
Think you could be spot on with Jo with Tevez and Adebayor looking doubtful.

Vieria is perfect for these types of games and tommorrow is the reason why he's a valuable member of our squad.

My only worry about that side is that the whole of the midfield gets about (yes even vieria) Shows also how valuable De Jong is to the side as he just sits in the middle.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:00 am

the_georgian_genius wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:
Hart
AJ/Yaya/Vieira/Silva/SWP
Jo

Not sure about Paddy V and swp.Vieira might get a look in as he had no international involvement, although i would much prefer Barry and Milner in for them.

Vieria is perfect for these types of games and tommorrow is the reason why he's a valuable member of our squad.

My only worry about that side is that the whole of the midfield gets about (yes even vieria) Shows also how valuable De Jong is to the side as he just sits in the middle.

Interesting phrase "gets about". The worry is when teams get about Vieira. He can manage against pub teams but I am not so sure he will against a midfield who don't give him any time at all. He needs it and BBurn are unlikely to let him have any if he plays.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:29 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:
Hart
AJ/Yaya/Vieira/Silva/SWP
Jo

Interesting phrase "gets about". The worry is when teams get about Vieira. He can manage against pub teams but I am not so sure he will against a midfield who don't give him any time at all. He needs it and BBurn are unlikely to let him have any if he plays.

Villa weren't a pub team at the end of last season, and he was exceptional in that game wasn't he???
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby marvin » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:32 am

Prefer to see Milner go into central midfield and SWP and AJ down the wings

De Jong is a defensive midfelder, but he doesn't just sit there in front of the back 4. He's everywhere closing down the opposition and winning tackles. We will miss him if he's not fit
marvin
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:05 am

johnpb78 wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:
Hart
AJ/Yaya/Vieira/Silva/SWP
Jo

Villa weren't a pub team at the end of last season, and he was exceptional in that game wasn't he???

No I don't think he was exceptional but yes he had a good game in a team that on the day played very well.
Interesting after yesterday. Vieira scored and it was a very good goal but I feel he was actually part of the reason we didn't play well for a long time against a team that was always going to sit and ask questions.The performance improved when he went off imo.Mancini will play him when he feels he can afford to to rest other players and still win. He did it yesterday and it didn't come off and I just hope he gets it right a lot more than he gets it wrong.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby colonel_muck » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:27 am

patrick vieira did not have a good game yesterday. time after time i watched blackburn rovers of all teams pass the ball around him in absolute bewilderment. this is often the case with him, but normally barry and toure do their jobs so it goes unnoticed. yaya wasn't great yesterday and barry didn't even start. and milner had a bit of a shocker with his attacking play. i also give full credit to blackburn rovers, i know everyone says it but they are definitely the hardest working team i have seen for a long long time. eleven players busting their guts for the whole match, they get so many bodies into their own box quickly and are an absolute nightmare to break down. when they play like that anyone would struggle to beat them.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum