England 6 v Blackburn

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

England 6 v Blackburn

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:51 pm

Ok, as i am always on the look out for something positive and as we have had the disappointment of Mario not going to make his debut and add some verve to the line-up, Im just thinking that 6 who played for england will likely be on the pitch at some point for us on Sat. Will their experience and the hype of them winning with England translate into that extra bit of confidence v Blackburn ?

Im thinking Barry and AJ particularly will have gotten a boost from that and are going to be the ones to watch come Sat.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Re: England 6 v Blackburn

Postby Dameerto » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:52 pm

Hopefully Milner will be looking to emulate his debut performance and put his last domestic match behind him.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby ronk » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:38 pm

It'd be nice to see the 8 England internationals (Bridge and Richards are also internationals) on the pitch at the same time as Michael Johnson at some point.

That would be a pretty strong team with a centre half (Ned) and a forward (Nimely)
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:47 pm

ronk wrote:It'd be nice to see the 8 England internationals (Bridge and Richards are also internationals) on the pitch at the same time as Michael Johnson at some point.

That would be a pretty strong team with a centre half (Ned) and a forward (Nimely)

I saw somewhere today a posting of a half decent all english City side. Might be something as you say to have 8 at one time this season.. CC or FA cup game perhaps

Nimely is injured at the mo by the way, out for 8 weeks according to the OS.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby ronk » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:57 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
ronk wrote:It'd be nice to see the 8 England internationals (Bridge and Richards are also internationals) on the pitch at the same time as Michael Johnson at some point.

I saw somewhere today a posting of a half decent all english City side. Might be something as you say to have 8 at one time this season.. CC or FA cup game perhaps

Missed that. Didn't miss this
The Liberia-born 21-year-old now faces a couple of months on the sidelines

Excuse me, what? His birth date is 11 May 1991, he's 19, isn't he?
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:02 pm

ronk wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:

Missed that. Didn't miss this
The Liberia-born 21-year-old now faces a couple of months on the sidelines

Excuse me, what? His birth date is 11 May 1991, he's 19, isn't he?

i saw that.. and thought wtf 21? but didnt check it up.. looks like the trainee is doing the OS
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky

Postby zuricity » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:41 am

I don't think what I am writing deserves a new thread. But the topic is quite relevant

Weren't City mooted to be interested in Darren Bent as well ?

Now Yesterday Nedum set up one of his goals with a really great cross.

Bent is also playing really well and has done for some time. No he's not the most stylish forward but, he gets the job done
and if he and Ned can keep putting in performances like yesterday they too could be back in the England squad.

Swap Adebayor for Bent ? and another England player ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby ronk » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:18 am

His form and recent stats are brilliant but I remain unconvinced by him. A lot of other people are too. He didn't make the world cup squad, Spurs sold him at a loss despite him being their top scorer that season. Aside from scoring goals, I haven't really been noticing good play from him (but I haven't watched him especially closely either).

I wonder how he'd fit into our squad.
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby ryanmjo » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:07 am

If making Fabio's World Cup squad is the determining factor, then shouldn't SWP be starting for us every week, with AJ nowhere to be found?
ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Return to The Maine Football forum