Thursday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Thursday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:52 am

Joe Hart offered a bumper £90k-a-week deal to stay at Manchester City
Joe Hart’s remarkable rise from Manchester City’s second choice to England’s No 1 will be recognised by a new £90,000-a-week contract at Eastlands.
The 23-year-old has started the season in great form, excelling on the back of Roberto Mancini’s decision to promote him ahead of Shay Given and also playing a part in England’s winning start to the Euro 2012 qualifying campaign.
Now Hart has opened talks with City about a five-year contract that should see him treble his £30,000-a-week wage to make him the second highest-paid goalkeeper in the Barclays Premier League behind Chelsea’s Petr Cech.
Hart is understood to have had a verbal exchange with City’s football administrator, Brian Marwood, before the latter left England for a family holiday when the transfer window closed last week.
The goalkeeper’s agent is due to open formal negotiations when Marwood returns.
Hart joined City from Shrewsbury in 2006 on less than £10,000 a week and renegotiated to £30,000 a week when he started playing first-team football two years ago.
Nevertheless, his rise through the ranks has been rapid this season after spending the last campaign on loan at Birmingham City. With City team-mate Yaya Toure earning more than £200,000 a week and players like Carlos Tevez and David Silva also on enormous salaries, Hart remains some way behind.
City do, however, see Hart as one of their most valuable assets and are expected to do what they can to accommodate his needs when negotiations begin.

Atletico Madrid ready to offer escape route for Manchester City forward David Silva
Atletico Madrid are monitoring David Silva's situation at Manchester City.
The big money signing from Valencia this summer has struggled in the opening weeks of the season and City manager Roberto Mancini admits the Spaniard needs time to adjust to the Premier League.
However, Atletico are ready to make a move should Silva remain on the fringe of the first team. Mail

Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho will temper his disappointment at not signing Chelsea striker Didier Drogba by making a January move for Manchester City forward Emmanuel Adebayor. (Daily Star)

Tevez threatens to quit international football
Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has said he may quit international football.
Tevez starred for Argentina in their 4-1 win over world champions Spain on Tuesday night.
But Tevez says he may retire from internationals ahead of the next World Cup in Brazil in four years' time.
Tevez said: "I'm tired. I'm 26 - I'm old. I don't know if I will make it to 2014."
He played for Boca Juniors, Corinthians, West Ham and Manchester United before joining City, where he is club skipper.
Argentina are hosting the Copa America next year

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/2 ... his-beauty

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Borussia Dortmund are interested in offering midfielder Steven Pienaar a return to Germany if he fails to sort out his future with Everton. talkSPORT

Atletico Madrid are keeping tabs on Manchester City winger David Villa as the Spanish international tries to adjust to the Premier League. Daily Mail

Ambitious Championship side Doncaster want to sign Sunderland striker David Healy on loan. Daily Mirror

But Nottingham Forest are also interested in Northern Ireland international Healy. talkSPORT

Stoke's loan signing Jermaine Pennant says he hopes he can earn a permanent move to the Potters from Spanish side Real Zaragoza. the Sun

Leeds boss Simon Grayson could sign former Senegal international Amdy Faye, who is a free agent, as he looks to bulk up his midfield. Daily Mirror

OTHER BOLLOX
England and Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has been the subject of allegations concerning his private life and he can expect some "stick" if he plays against former club Everton on Saturday, according to Goodison Park centre-back Phil Jagielka. the Independent

Newcastle's 35-year-old defender Sol Campbell says he still has what it takes to compete at the highest level. Daily Mirror

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson says he fears striker Dirk Kuyt could be out for longer than the predicted four weeks with his shoulder problem. Daily Telegraph

Manchester United striker Michael Owen has refused to give up on his chances of earning an England recall. the Sun

Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas says he will have to "try to have a good season" after the disappointment of missing out on a move to Barcelona during the summer. (Daily Mirror)

Former Hull manager Phil Brown has met Southampton chairman Nicola Cortese as the League One club continue their search for a new manager. Daily Mail

Manchester United midfielder Darron Gibson does not agree with Republic of Ireland boss Giovanni Trapattoni that his lack of first-team football at Manchester United is holding him back. the Guardian
Last edited by Chinners on Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Thursday's B*ll*x

Postby kinkylola » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:55 am

we have played 3 prem games this season ... and silva needs an escape route already ... fucking journos
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:28 am

England and Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has been the subject of allegations concerning his private life and he can expect some "stick" if he plays against former club Everton on Saturday, according to Goodison Park centre-back Phil Jagielka. the Independent

Surely not?

God job the Independent & Jagielka alerted us to this previously unforseen possibility. Quality paper you see, tabloids would never have sussed that one.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:07 am

And they wonder why we call it the Daily Fail!!!
Atletico Madrid are keeping tabs on Manchester City winger David Villa as the Spanish international tries to adjust to the Premier League. Daily Mail
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:50 am

Is tomorrows' WAG going to be kinkylolas?
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby ryanmjo » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:51 pm

Is there a type of football Carlos hasn't threatened to quit?
ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby BobKowalski » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:10 pm

ryanmjo wrote:Is there a type of football Carlos hasn't threatened to quit?

Great player and all that but he is a total drama queen.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Dameerto » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:12 pm

To be fair that quote is pretty general - he could be meaning that he's uncertain if he can keep up a quality of play that will get him selected until 2014.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby john@staustell » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:18 pm

I think both Tevez and Robinho are pretty simple souls. Every time a journalist asks them a simple question they pour their heart out with what is in their mind at that very moment. Never been trained in towing the party line, staying positive and just coming out with stonewalling crap, like most English players do.

Makes for good tabloid stuff though.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Chinners » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:48 pm

Manchester City's Shay Given admits speeding
Shay Given was speeding on Princess Parkway in Manchester in February Premier League footballer Shay Given has admitted speeding after he was caught driving his Bentley at 75mph in a 50mph zone in Manchester.
The Manchester City goalkeeper was clocked by police officers driving along Princess Parkway on 16 February.
Given, 34, did not attend the hearing at Manchester Magistrates' Court but pleaded guilty to the charge by letter.
He did not indicate a plea to the charge of failing to produce a licence and his case was adjourned.
The three-week adjournment was to allow Given, who has played more than 100 times for the Irish Republic international team, to appear in person to enter the plea.
After being stopped and issued with a fixed penalty notice, he told officers he would take his licence to Wilmslow police station in Cheshire but has since been charged with failing to produce the document.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby gillie » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:13 pm

Chinners wrote:Manchester City's Shay Given admits speeding
Shay Given was speeding on Princess Parkway in Manchester in February Premier League footballer Shay Given has admitted speeding after he was caught driving his Bentley at 75mph in a 50mph zone in Manchester.
The Manchester City goalkeeper was clocked by police officers driving along Princess Parkway on 16 February.
Given, 34, did not attend the hearing at Manchester Magistrates' Court but pleaded guilty to the charge by letter.
He did not indicate a plea to the charge of failing to produce a licence and his case was adjourned.
The three-week adjournment was to allow Given, who has played more than 100 times for the Irish Republic international team, to appear in person to enter the plea.
After being stopped and issued with a fixed penalty notice, he told officers he would take his licence to Wilmslow police station in Cheshire but has since been charged with failing to produce the document.

He probably had a Guinness label as a tax disc as well lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Return to The Maine Football forum