Joe Hart's overconfidence with backpasses

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Joe Hart's overconfidence with backpasses

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:59 pm

Such a dangerous ploy from young Joe. It will directly result in a goal if he's not careful this season.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Re: Joe Hart's overconfidence with backpasses

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:08 pm

Trevor Francis mentioned the same thing tonight. But tbh I dont see it as a big worry. Joe didn't have a good match tonight and was lucky to escape on a couple of ocassions. But then again we can't expect him to be Superman all the time.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:28 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:Trevor Francis mentioned the same thing tonight. But tbh I dont see it as a big worry. Joe didn't have a good match tonight and was lucky to escape on a couple of ocassions. But then again we can't expect him to be Superman all the time.

yes, only Stephen Ireland can be Superman all the time, dont get cocky Joe
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:29 pm

They kept passing the ball to him between the fucking posts! The pitch had a slight bobble on it; one wrong bounce & it's in the net. They should be passing it wide of the goal so he can have a swing at it without worrying. I thought it was basic routine coaching for backpases to be wide of the goal, preferably to the keeper's favourite foot?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby david yearsley » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:32 pm

A touch too cocky for me tonight - I bet Capello had a little word - he´ll be made to look silly if he takes chances with clearances
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:11 pm

you couldn't blame him for the goal tho...he did look like he had cement feet, but it was a cracking shot...all in all...job done.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:46 am

Have a look at Johnny Crossan's ' little twitcher' video, 2 mins 50 ish in, Joe Hart practicing kicking the ball out, slips on his arse with the 1st, stubs his foot in the ground for the 2nd.

He wasn't being cocky he was trying not to fuck up the kicks.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Fish111 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:48 am

Bad game imo for Joe last night, we were lucky not to concede before we did. I don't think he had a chance with the goal but i really hope he isn't getting arrogant.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby saulman » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:49 am

Was thinking the same last night. There's confidence and there's cocky.
He better no be doing any of that shit on Saturday.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:51 pm

Should really alter the title to Joe Hart is a bit pants with the ball at his feet.

Gutted this happened so soon after the warning signs in the England match. He looked visibly shocked for the rest of the game and a bit nervy.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby irblinx » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:50 pm

Just a thought but he was visibly fuming with himself after making a couple of gaffs in the warm up, did he maybe let it get to him too much and affect the game?
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby ant london » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:30 am

I actually think that yesterday's goal was 80% caused by Kolo not clearing the danger.

Hart didn't need to be out there and didn't cover himself in glory but Toure shouldve had that into Row Z
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:01 am

Looked to me like kolo had it covered and suddenly pulled out which I can only assume was because Joe called it.

Being that far out came across a bit Billy bi bollix for my liking. Did itagAin 2nd half too comng out for a header.

Hope it's a blip cos he has been brilliant at times.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby irblinx » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:40 am

ant london wrote:I actually think that yesterday's goal was 80% caused by Kolo not clearing the danger.

Hart didn't need to be out there and didn't cover himself in glory but Toure shouldve had that into Row Z

Respectfully, bollox mate. 100% down to Hart, Toure was completely in control until Hart shouted, just hope that it doesn't affect the trust level between the back four and the keeper, they have to work as a team and Joe let them down massively in that instance. The keeper, as the one who has the best view of the action always needs to be the one who makes the call in that kind of situation
irblinx

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:28 am

irblinx wrote:
ant london wrote:I actually think that yesterday's goal was 80% caused by Kolo not clearing the danger.

Respectfully, bollox mate. 100% down to Hart, Toure was completely in control until Hart shouted, just hope that it doesn't affect the trust level between the back four and the keeper, they have to work as a team and Joe let them down massively in that instance. The keeper, as the one who has the best view of the action always needs to be the one who makes the call in that kind of situation

If Joe called for that yesterday which i think he did he needed to come and wipe everything out, sadly he didn't. Cardnal sin of a GK is to shout for a ball and then stop in you tracks. If your coming you got to come all the way or you end up looking like a twat like he did yesterday.
Sister of fu

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby irblinx » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:07 am

Sister of fu wrote:
irblinx wrote:

If Joe called for that yesterday which i think he did he needed to come and wipe everything out, sadly he didn't. Cardnal sin of a GK is to shout for a ball and then stop in you tracks. If your coming you got to come all the way or you end up looking like a twat like he did yesterday.

From our new seats up in the gods at that end it looked bizarre that he would decide to come out in the first place, can't really justify his thinking at all
irblinx

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:01 am

irblinx wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
irblinx wrote:

From our new seats up in the gods at that end it looked bizarre that he would decide to come out in the first place, can't really justify his thinking at all

As in the England game, it wasn't over confidence it was uncertainty. People are reading both incidents completely the wrong way. He was slipping on his arse kicking in the warm ups for England, so was worried in the game & being cautious(when he did kick 1st time he got it wrong) & he made a nervy misjudgement yesterday. The reason he missed it though, was that Kolo actually threw him a dummy. Kolo moved his head as if he was going to head the ball then pulled away leaving Hart stranded. Both want shooting.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:48 am

Dont agree Ted. Overconfident, cocky, trying to prove too much, be specactular, instead of just doing the job. Classic case of publicity going to someone's head. Hopefully the coach can get his head (and feet) back together.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:54 am

john@staustell wrote:Dont agree Ted. Overconfident, cocky, trying to prove too much, be specactular, instead of just doing the job. Classic case of publicity going to someone's head. Hopefully the coach can get his head (and feet) back together.

Well I didn't notice him waiting til the last minute to take any kicks yesterday. Why?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby smurfsdabomb » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:04 pm

The most important attribute in a goalkeeper is nerve and being a commanding decisive presence. It's why all the top teams in the world have a keeper aged 30+, its something you only develop with maturity and experience. Hart will get it in time but his time isn't now for this level.

Real dangerous place for him now, he's getting negativity this week so is probably feeling the heat and he'll know all eyes will be on him next game now. Another gaff and his confidence will plummet, could be the end of him for a while like with Ben Foster. Always think it's a bad idea to put youngsters in such an important position, pressure kills them eventually.
smurfsdabomb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum