Tuesday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tuesday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:55 am

MANCHESTER CITY defender Vincent Kompany can’t believe that Barcelona allowed midfield ace Yaya Toure to move to Eastlands. Toure had been a big player for the Spanish giants in recent years – but, in something of a shock move, Barca coach Pep Guardiola decided he could leave the Nou Camp for £28m. However, Kompany feels Ivory Coast star Toure will make Barca pay for letting him go. The Belgian said: “Toure is a natural-born winner and he will add so much to our team. “I cannot understand why Barcelona let him leave. He has a big challenge to help us become one of the best teams in the Premier League and Europe.
“He is so important because of the great experience that he has and gives us something which we have lacked in the team.”

Fiorentina goalkeeper Sebastien Frey was not approached over a deadline day move to Manchester City, according to his agent. Frey has been consistently linked with a move away from the Viola this summer after reportedly being on the lookout for a new challenge elsewhere. City rivals Manchester United were also rumoured to be interested, but Frey has remained in Florence after failing to secure a deal. The big-spending Eastlands outfit were possibly considering a last-minute deal for the French stopper due to uncertainly over the future of Shay Given after he was demoted to number two following Joe Hart's excellent form.
"This is the football world, including false rumours and denials, everyone feels entitled to speak, even if they don't know the facts," Frey's agent Giovanni Branchini told Violanews.com. "There wasn't any offer from Manchester City for Frey, it didn't arrive to me and - from what I know - neither to (Fiorentina's sporting director, Pantaleo) Corvino."

Robinho whinges on ...
It transpires that Chelsea made a mischievous bid for Manchester City’s unwanted bad boy Robinho before the transfer window closed. Chelsea wanted to take the 26 year old Brazilian on loan to Stamford Bridge providing City subsidised some of his reported £160,000 a week pay packet. Well, that’s very kind of them; I can’t think for one minute why City turned down Chelsea’s generous offer.
A senior Chelsea source said, “We did make an initial enquiry about Robinho but for some reason City didn’t want to do business with us and thought the offer we tabled was unacceptable.”
Chelsea tried to sign Robinho from Real Madrid two years ago. But he ended up at Eastlands in a British record £32.5 million deal.
“Perhaps I should never have left Real Madrid. My destination was Chelsea with Luiz Felipe Scolari, but at the last moment City appeared and I accepted. I did not decide the transfer. Correspondence is always between clubs and I am not responsible for what anyone will pay. But Mark Hughes called me and insisted I joined the club. He was decisive in my move. At the beginning it was positive, but England is a hard country and I had problems adapting. Having Elano and Jo in the squad was a real bonus. They helped me to adapt but then Elano left I still don’t understand the motives behind his exit. I do not understand why people said things about us. We all demonstrated our quality in the team, and Elano and I were both then in the Brazil side. Perhaps Hughes did not understand how best to use us both in his squad.”
Robinho denies there were any problems between him and City’s other big name stars.
“People spoke about jealousy towards Carlos Tevez and Emmanuel Adebayor but that wasn’t the case. I always offered my best on the field but Mancini didn’t seem to feel that I did.”
I expect more words of wisdom from the ever so slightly self obsessed Brazilian in the coming weeks and months. I predict something on the lines of:-
“The Milan coaching staff did not understand me. I am a gifted player and feel that I deserve more respect. To be substituted 30 minutes into a game is very disappointing. Perhaps I should have moved to Barcelona in August, but that transfer window is very close again now and I would not say no to a club like Barcelona if they came knocking. They are the biggest club in the world and my beautifulness will only add to their squad. Barcelona is a lovely city and I like Spain a lot. In Manchester and Milan the people don’t like me and it rains sometimes and I do not like getting wet. I hope that the Milan management see sense and let me move to Spain and pay my wages too.”
And six weeks later he will no doubt be slumming it out in the Spanish second division playing for Barcelona B against the likes of Girona, Albacete and Córdoba.
“The Barcelona coaching staff did not understand me. Bayern Munich are a massive club. I love the German people……”

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.wsn.com/blog/2010/05/31/wag- ... ia-palmas/

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Sunderland's forgotten striker David Healy wants a loan switch to the ­Championship so he can taste first-team ­football again. Daily Mirror

Blackpool manager Ian Holloway claims he missed out on a deadline day deal for Portsmouth's David Nugent - because the striker would not answer his phone.Daily Mail

Former West Ham defender Calum Davenport, 27, is trying to rebuild his career by joining hometown team Wootton Blue Cross - a non-League team nine divisions below the Premier League. Daily Mail

Bolton defender Gary Cahill's 34-minute debut appearance for England against Bulgaria last Friday means he will now cost potential buyers Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham £17.5m. Daily Mirror

Former Watford skipper Jay DeMerit is set for a move to Germany and former England boss Steve McClaren's Wolfsberg side. Talksport

Tottenham midfielder Rafael van der Vaart claims he turned down Liverpool to make an £8m deadline-day move to Spurs from Real Madrid. Daily Star

OTHER BOLLOX
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has scrapped plans to make Wayne Rooney the club's next captain amid allegations about the England striker's private life. Daily Mirror

England striker Rooney is also yet to iron out a new deal with United. The 24-year-old has 18 months left on his contract and boss Ferguson likes to sort out the stars who have less than two years to go. the Sun

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti says he is "surprised there is so much interest in the private life of a player" and that he is not concerned by what his squad do away from the training ground. the Sun

The Football Association of Wales will speak to Manchester United this week about involving winger Ryan Giggs in their coaching set-up when John Toshack quits as manager of his national team. Daily Mail

Stoke defender Ryan Shawcross believes Arsene Wenger has a personal vendetta against him and his club after the Arsenal boss criticised the defender's rough tactics. Daily Mail

Manchester United goalkeeper Edwin Van Der Saar wants a contract extension at the club - by hitting his 30-game target. The Dutchman, who is 40 in October, has a clause in his deal that means a guaranteed extension if he plays in a certain amount of matches. Daily Mirror

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti has revealed England boss Fabio Capello used to claim that there was a ghost wandering freely down the hallway of AC Milan's training ground. Daily Mirror
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Tuesday's B*ll*x

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:23 am

Cheers.

Be interesting to see how AC Milan fit a triumvirite of the world's laziest, most self centred, players into one team. If they pull it off I take my hat off to all concerned. I actually love watching tremendously skilled lazyarses in action & would love to think it was possible; like Fulham briefly with Best & Marsh before it rained.

In reality I think it'll be an unmitigated disaster & the poor manager, having that bunch of tossers to deal with, is probably wearing the same nervous, sweaty, smile as Clint Eastwood's barber, giving him a shave just before it all kicks off..
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby bluej » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:38 am

Chinners wrote:Robinho whinges on ...
I always offered my best on the field

Hahahaha excellent
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Renato_CTID » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:20 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Cheers.

Be interesting to see how AC Milan fit a triumvirite of the world's laziest, most self centred, players into one team. If they pull it off I take my hat off to all concerned. I actually love watching tremendously skilled lazyarses in action & would love to think it was possible; like Fulham briefly with Best & Marsh before it rained.

In reality I think it'll be an unmitigated disaster & the poor manager, having that bunch of tossers to deal with, is probably wearing the same nervous, sweaty, smile as Clint Eastwood's barber, giving him a shave just before it all kicks off..

I really want to know which Rossoneri players do you think they are "lazy", Ted! Dinho or Seedorf or whoever? Mmm, I often watch AC in this new season: oh god, how much are they running all together! Many thanks indeed to new coach Allegri
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby ant london » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:29 am

Renato_CTID wrote:I really want to know which Rossoneri players do you think they are "lazy", Ted!

Robinho
Ronaldinho
Ibrahimovic

and it was lazy and self-centred

ps.....splendiferous WAG today....she is lovely!
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:38 am

ant london wrote:
ps.....splendiferous WAG today....she is lovely!

she is the tastiest in a long long while...redemption.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby ronk » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:53 am

Chinners wrote:
Bolton defender Gary Cahill's 34-minute debut appearance for England against Bulgaria last Friday means he will now cost potential buyers Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham £17.5m. Daily Mirror

I see the automatic inflation of the value of England players is alive and well.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Return to The Maine Football forum