Sunday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Sunday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:25 am

CITY BOLLOX
Nigel de Jong believes his Manchester City team-mates have shown him more respect since his controversial World Cup Final appearance.
The tough midfielder was one of Holland’s stars as they reached the summit showdown with Spain in South Africa. But De Jong’s kung-fu kick on Xabi Alonso was a key moment in a brutal match.
But De Jong revealed: “I don’t regret anything. I never intended to hurt him. And after such a great World Cup I came back in the dressing room of Manchester City as a different player. Well, that’s how it felt.
“I had just played in the final of the World Cup. It gives you a different status. The lads at City said they were impressed with the Dutch team’s performances out there in South Africa. That was really nice.’’
De Jong says he has quickly switched his focus on to Manchester City anyway.
And he admits the Abu Dhabi-backed sky blue revolution must target the Premier League title THIS season.
De Jong explained: “What makes it really hard for us, is that every team we play, sees us as the big favourite for the title. We are now a hot item in England only because our club have spent such a lot of money on new players. I am not saying they hate us in every stadium, but I do feel there is a tremendous amount of jealousy.
“I really think we must compete with Chelsea and Manchester United this season. Two years ago a new owner arrived here. Last year we laid the foundation, this year we have to fire from all cilinders. We must go and win trophies.
“[/youtube]We can’t expect it to be a smooth ride. United and Chelsea are established teams. Their players know exactly what it takes to win the league.’’
City bought six new players in the summer including the towering midfield presence of Yaya Toure. Some pundits thought the Ivorian’s arrival would cloud De Jong’s chances.
But the duo are operating in the same midfield and the Dutchman believes their partnership will flourish.
He said: “I see Yaya more as a central midfield player than a defensive midfield player. He has an attacking mind. I think together we can form a great partnership in midfield. It will be like a strong block.
“Besides, I have always been a regular player in the first team and I expect that will stay like that.”
De Jong feels he can be a stabilising factor for the team this year as so many new faces attempt to settle in at Eastlands.
“Vincent Kompany and I are the only two players who have been with this club before the sheik arrived,” he said. “So I think I am a player with a lot of experience at the club.’’
Sheik Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan has spent millions on City but the 39 year old billionaire had never attended a match until a fortnight ago. When he did turn up, he didn’t meet the players. So De Jong is still to meet the owner.
He ended: “I don’t think that is abnormal. The sheik has installed people at the club who take care of everything on his behalf. That is the way he works. I do know what he looks like, as I have seen pictures of him before. When he was shown on the large screen in the stadium, he was not a complete stranger to all the players.’’

MANCHESTER CITY ARE BIGGER THAN THE GUNNERS - ADEBAYOR
ADEBAYOR has taunted former club Arsenal once again by claiming ­Manchester City feels like a BIGGER club.
The Togo striker believes he can sense that Eastlands is eclipsing The Emirates.
And he reckons a good run in the Premier League will confirm that they are leaving the Gunners in the shade – even though he spoke about leaving City towards the end of the transfer window.
When asked if he felt like he was playing for a bigger club than ­Arsenal, Adebayor replied: “Yeah, it does feel like that.
“With the great new players we’ve got we have a wonderful chance to make ­history. “But it’s all about results. If we can win ten games in a row, people will class Manchester City as bigger than Arsenal.”
Adebayor, 26, is already in the bad books with many Arsenal fans ­following his infamous length-of-the-field goal celebration when he scored against the Gunners last season.
He apologised but was banned for three games after being found guilty of violent conduct for kicking former team-mate Robin van Persie in the face.
The celebration brought a £25,000 fine and a suspended two-match ban.
However, in an interview for the October edition of FHM magazine, there is little in the way of an apology.
He just says he was giving City fans what they wanted and they love him for it.
“It’s because I showed the fans my hunger, passion and I showed my love for the club,” he ­added.
“Ultimately, the fans just want to see that and feel it inside their ­bodies.”
Adebayor was linked with a move away from City after boss Roberto Mancini landed Italian sensation Mario ­Balotelli – but he is part of the 25-man squad.
And after missing out on ­Champions League football to Spurs last term, he is determined to burst into the top three this time around.
“This season we’ve got better ­players like David Silva and Yaya Toure,” he said. “We’re a better team but now we have to prove it.
“We have to work on the winning mentality and add that spirit to the squad.
“We can finish in the top three – that’s our belief now.”
And one man who believes it will be hard for any club in ­England or Europe to stem the sky blue tide is Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp.
With Sheikh Mansour having already shelled out half-a-billion pounds on buying City and signing players, Redknapp says the writing is on the wall for other clubs.
“Really, they’re impossible to compete against,” said the Tottenham gaffer.
“You can only do your best in life. If it’s good enough then great. If not then at least you’ve worked hard.
“I will work as hard as anybody but even when you do that you can’t compete with City on the spending side.
“They will win the ­Premier League in the next four or five years. It’s like Chelsea all over again.
“City are so wealthy and the man who owns them can buy any player he wants.
“They’ll get the best ­players and it’s about getting the right team. But the manager at City is not a fool. I’m sure he can get a team to gel together.”

Manchester City and Roque Santa Cruz victims of Lazio smear campaign
Roque Santa Cruz was left stranded at Manchester City last week because Lazio coach and friend of Fabio Capello Edy Reja suddenly 'got cold feet'.
Santa Cruz, 29, and City were then victims of a Lazio smear campaign.
A Lazio source said last night: ‘Capello’s friend Edy Reja got cold feet and decided he had too many strikers already with Mauro Zarate, Sergio Floccari, Pasquale Foggia and Tommaso Rocchi all available.
'Lazio didn’t want to anger their own fans so they deliberately starting leaking a story that City and Santa Cruz were asking too much money from their point of view.
‘But the real reason the move broke down wasn’t the money, it was all about Edy Reja changing his mind.’

Jerome Boateng will make first start for Manchester City against Blackburn next Saturday, after the German defender finally recovered from the knee injury which has restricted him to just one friendly pre-season appearance. talkShite

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.footballfancast.com/2010/09/ ... er-vaart-6

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Liverpool will revive their interest in Bayern Munich striker Mario Gomez in January, after the German club pulled the plug on an immediate loan switch to Anfield. (News of the World)

Manchester United are set to beat Real Madrid and AC Milan to the signature of 20-year-old Greek playmaker Sotiris Ninis, currently with Panathinaikos. Sunday Mirror

Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho will attempt to lure Tottenham winger to the Bernabeu in January. Sunday Mirror

Millwall have slapped a £3m price tag on their 27-year-old star striker Steve Morison. (Sunday Express)

Fulham are targeting Crystal Palace's Argentine goalkeeper Julian Speroni as as a possible replacement for want-away stopper Mark Schwarzer. (Sunday Express)

OTHER BOLLOX
Aston Villa goalkeeper Brad Friedel and full-back Stephen Warnock will seek urgent talks with the club's hierarchy if they press ahead with their plans to appoint Gerard Houllier as manager - when in charge at Liverpool, Frenchman Houllier sold Friedel to Blackburn in and loaned Warnock out to Coventry. News of the World

West Ham's board are prepared to sack manager Avram Grant depending on how the bottom-of-the-table Hammers fare in their next three Premier League fixtures - against Chelsea, Stoke and Tottenham. News of the World

West Ham midfielder Scott Parker, who was linked with a move to Tottenham during the summer, is set to agree a new five-year contract at Upton Park in the next few days. (Sunday Express)

Former West Ham defender Calum Davenport has signed for amateur United Counties League First Division side Wootton Blue Cross as he attempts to regain fitness and rebuild his career. (The Non-League Paper)

Dutch international Rafael Van der Vaart insists he was not a failure at Real Madrid and has vowed to become a major star for Tottenham in the Champions League. talkSport

Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas, who was the subject of a failed bid from Barcelona this summer, has admitted he only stayed at the Emirates because he had no other choice. Mail on Sunday

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher believes that Argentine midfielder Javier Mascherano let himself down badly when he quit Anfield for Inter Milan. talkSport

Paraguay international striker Roque Santa Cruz was left stranded at Manchester City last week because Lazio coach and friend of Fabio Capello Edy Reja suddenly 'got cold feet'. Mail on Sunday

A furious Matthew Upson confronted England's management team over his axing from England's starting line-up for the 4-0 Euro 2012 qualifying win over Bulgaria at Wembley on Friday. (News of the World)

The Premier League is poised to approve a Royal Bank of Scotland takeover of Liverpool if co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillet cannot find a buyer or repay their debt by 6 October. (News of the World)

Police evidence photographs of England and Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe driving while talking on a mobile phone are at the centre of a legal row after being used in a commercial campaign by Road Safety Support, a firm which provides advice to help prosecute drivers. Mail on Sunday

Liverpool midfielder Steven Gerrard was attacked by a partygoer at a birthday bash for team-mate Jamie Carragher's wife. Sunday Mirror

An investigation is under way into allegations that the passport details of thousands of football fans were sold on the black market by an official linked to Fifa. Guardian
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Sunday's B*ll*x

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:03 am

De Jong feels he can be a stabilising factor for the team this year as so many new faces attempt to settle in at Eastlands.
“Vincent Kompany and I are the only two players who have been with this club before the sheik arrived,” he said. “So I think I am a player with a lot of experience at the club.’’

Not too sure about that one Nige.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Wooders » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:50 am

Buffalo Soldier wrote:

Didn't he arrive the january after the takeover??
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:53 am

Wooders wrote:
Buffalo Soldier wrote:

Certainly did
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby edgeley blue » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:21 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
Wooders wrote:
Buffalo Soldier wrote:

Certainly did

Plus wasnt Joe Hart, Micah Richards, SWP etc.. all there pre Mansour

Still it was the best moment of the World Cup, when he booted Alonso
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby ronk » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:25 pm

Buffalo Soldier wrote:

Yeah, I'd be inclined to point the finger at the journalist though.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Return to The Maine Football forum