oh dear robinho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: oh dear robinho

Postby ronk » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:09 am

mr_nool wrote:Or longer, I guess. It all depends if you choose to define night and day according to time measured in minutes and hours, or if you prefer to define it by the natural boundaries of sunset ans sunrise .

There are lots of ways of counting night, depending on whether you look at a fixed time throughout the year (9pm-6am) or count twilight (civil, nautical, astronomical) but it could also come down to definitions of darker when used in the context of a darker night. Really it's not that important, it was just strange to see someone react so strongly against someone with very poor English being quoted (by media) as having used darker to refer to Manchester nights when it's not entirely incorrect.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Re: oh dear robinho

Postby saulman » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:48 am

Well fuck me, Robinho didn't like Manchesters climate. Whoopee fuckin doo. Neither do I. Doesn't mean I have any gripe with City.

Unfortunately for me, I can't pick and choose where I go and earn my millions, and if I could....I'd probably be sunning it up somewhere half a world away from this rainy, soggy, shit-hole.

His words are hardly Ireland-esq. He never said he couldn't give a shite if we won or lost.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum