EDIT: Most England caps won whilst at the club

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDIT: Most England caps won whilst at the club

Postby Chinners » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:54 am

Tricky Trev Sinclair only made 1 cap whilst playing for us
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Alioune DVToure » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:12 am

Chinners wrote:Tricky Trev Sinclair only made 1 cap whilst playing for us

Yeah I was trying to phrase the question to rule out the likes of Tricky, McManawoman, Semen and Pearce. I wanna know who's been called up whilst wearing blue. Shauny must be close to the top of the list because we've not exactly been a production line for England players down the years (and certainly not in my lifetime).
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Kladze » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:04 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:I've realised that the original post was a bit confusing. I'd now like to know if anyone could compile a list of the top five (or whatever) of players who won England caps WHILST PLAYING FOR THE CLUB. In other words, say SWP has thirty, and won 20 at City and 10 at Chelsea, he would be on 20. Is this doable? I'd be interested to know.

May I ask exackly why you want this information? ........ assuming it isn't just a vague matter of interest.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Alioune DVToure » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:04 pm

Kladze wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:I've realised that the original post was a bit confusing. I'd now like to know if anyone could compile a list of the top five (or whatever) of players who won England caps WHILST PLAYING FOR THE CLUB. In other words, say SWP has thirty, and won 20 at City and 10 at Chelsea, he would be on 20. Is this doable? I'd be interested to know.

May I ask exackly why you want this information? ........ assuming it isn't just a vague matter of interest.

It is actually. We're clearly entering our most fertile period of providing England with players. I was just wondering who City's most-capped England player was. I was interested to know if we've ever had a player of much significance in England terms (and by that I mean a Lineker, Shearer, Adams type mainstay). I suspect we haven't.

I was also keen to know if Shauny's done the most representin' whilst a City player. He definitely has during my lifetime (1985 - ) as far as I can think.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Chinners » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:18 pm

As said earlier it is definatly Colin Bell whilst in a city shirt with 48 (inc. subs).
SWP 21
Francis Lee 28
Mike Summerbee made 8
Frank Swift 19
Joe Corrigan 9
Dennis Tueart 6
Mick Channon 11

Can't be arsed to trawl any more
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure