The City Hill of Hell?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The City Hill of Hell?

Postby ryanmjo » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:50 am

ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Re: The City Hill of Hell?

Postby Abu Dhabi » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:30 am

One of the comments:

"man utd have the mountain of debt at there training ground!!!!"

LOL
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:27 am

it's funny because we heard how lax Sven was...and how Hughes setup training really really professionally. Then it later came out that maybe things with Hughes were somewhat hands off and not really THAT challenging as we've learned what a hardass Mancini can be.

whether this story is exactly true or not, i love the idea that Mancini is pushing these guys to levels that apparently journalists (and Doug?) aren't familiar with in terms of our training approach. You don't learn what you don't practice i don't think. And part of what drives every great team is their ability to find their legs when they really shouldn't have anything left in a really tough match.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby zuricity » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:12 am

Can't see what all the fuss is about, it's well known that running up sharp inclines is brilliant for stamina and muscle development. Those players should easily be able to do 50 reps on that small incline. Crickey it's only about 10 metres. It also improves your stride when running.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby kinkylola » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:15 am

I love this kind of training ... Much more american approach to it I think. It's a good thing
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby razor400 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:07 am

It looks pretty shit to be honest.
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Crossie » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:43 am

I think its good, bet no other prem team does it!

Get up t' fuckin 'ill Carlos
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:56 am

Whatever I see in training I don't get to see all the hard work that goes on in the gym and so far I haven't seen anybody working on the hill.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Esky » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:07 am

kinkylola wrote:I love this kind of training ... Much more american approach to it I think. It's a good thing

Thanks Martha.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:04 am

zuricity wrote:Can't see what all the fuss is about, it's well known that running up sharp inclines is brilliant for stamina and muscle development. Those players should easily be able to do 50 reps on that small incline. Crickey it's only about 10 metres. It also improves your stride when running.

if its right, how come barry still looks fat and carnt run
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:16 am

CITYSTEVEDON wrote:
zuricity wrote:Can't see what all the fuss is about, it's well known that running up sharp inclines is brilliant for stamina and muscle development. Those players should easily be able to do 50 reps on that small incline. Crickey it's only about 10 metres. It also improves your stride when running.

if its right, how come barry still looks fat and carnt run

my guess there is that Baby, He Wasn't Born to Run

just sayin.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:09 pm

Christ on a bike !!! thats not a fucking hill ffs,,,its a poxy little slope !! When I was training in the Army we had to run up a proper bastard hill (I think it was actually a mountain) in full Army kit and a GPMG.......and thank our sergent major afterwoods.

Footballers = poofs. (No offense cute manc)
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Kladze » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:33 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Christ on a bike !!! thats not a fucking hill ffs,,,its a poxy little slope !! When I was training in the Army we had to run up a proper bastard hill (I think it was actually a mountain) in full Army kit and a GPMG.......and thank our sergent major afterwoods.

When I joined the air force in 1974 we did a 7 1/2 mile cross country run which ended with us having to run up a hill twice as big as that three times. I have a feeling one or two are still half way up it ;-)
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Dameerto » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:40 pm

They are welcome to come running with me if they want a taste of real hills - the first 6 miles is constant 'up' (1700 feet of ascent)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby saulman » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:49 pm

Kladze wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Christ on a bike !!! thats not a fucking hill ffs,,,its a poxy little slope !! When I was training in the Army we had to run up a proper bastard hill (I think it was actually a mountain) in full Army kit and a GPMG.......and thank our sergent major afterwoods.

When I joined the air force in 1974 we did a 7 1/2 mile cross country run which ended with us having to run up a hill twice as big as that three times. I have a feeling one or two are still half way up it ;-)

Luxury. I use to get up a 6 int' mornin' and lick road clean wi' toungue.................
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:58 pm

saulman wrote:
Kladze wrote:

Luxury. I use to get up a 6 int' mornin' and lick road clean wi' toungue.................

You had it easy...my dad used to come in my room..slap my face till I woke up...dragged me out of bed by me ear and then kick me down the stairs (wooden stairs with no carpet mind..and some nails still sticking out) and told me to get to school (7 mile walk).

And we were all happy.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Kladze » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:04 pm

saulman wrote:
Kladze wrote:

We 'ad two peas between four of us. It were luxury.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:11 pm

Kladze wrote:
saulman wrote:
Kladze wrote:

That was a feast....we ad shavings off a rotten potato between 8 of us .....and we were grateful for it.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Kladze » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:39 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Kladze wrote:
saulman wrote:
Kladze wrote:

That was a feast....we ad shavings off a rotten potato between 8 of us .....and we were grateful for it.

Fuck you if yer think that were a feast. I used to make chips out er't rotten potato shavings and the mushy peas came out of mi brother's nappy.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby saulman » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:43 pm

For those of you wondering which direction this thread went in...........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum