Tonight's Euro qualification games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Tonight's Euro qualification games

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:13 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:if harry kane was nigerian questions would be asked over his age
there's no way that hairline is 22

Robben-esque. He does have oldface as well to match the hairline.

Unrelated, if Sterling had to play with Rooney he'd be cursing his luck. Every decent ball into him Rooney fucks up and half the time begs for a foul. Serge would have those glued to his feet and playing Sterling in. Fat, bald Shreky cunt. He's really 1000% crap. If he was in our squad he'd barely make the bench.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:23 pm

Haha on shaw:

"That's a foul... In many ways it's good defending.."
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby mr_nool » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:23 pm

You English are spoilt as fuck. You've not lost a single point so far, but are still whinging. Meanwhile Sweden are throwing away what looked like a certain qualification four days ago.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:26 pm

Well done waheem well done wooney
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Badthinginator » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:32 pm

He may be a rag. But tonight he's English. Fair play Rooney. I hope a young City academy player is watching and ready to beat it.
Badthinginator
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby nottsblue » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Not watching out of principle. How bad has the wankfest been?
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:32 pm

mr_nool wrote:You English are spoilt as fuck. You've not lost a single point so far, but are still whinging. Meanwhile Sweden are throwing away what looked like a certain qualification four days ago.

if only we were as good at football as we are at whinging...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:39 pm

To be fair. Shrek is a good player and has been for years. He will get to 60 goals I think. It's a decent achievement even though he plays for a shit team.

Without him they would be in trouble and if we had have bought him a few seasons ago?
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Dameerto » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:44 pm

Wonderwall wrote:To be fair. Shrek is a good player and has been for years. He will get to 60 goals I think. It's a decent achievement even though he plays for a shit team.

Without him they would be in trouble and if we had have bought him a few seasons ago?

If he keeps taking the penalties I agree with you.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby nottsblue » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:46 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:To be fair. Shrek is a good player and has been for years. He will get to 60 goals I think. It's a decent achievement even though he plays for a shit team.

If he keeps taking the penalties I agree with you.

It would take him at least three more years to get to 60 goals I reckon. Surely he won't still be playing by then...
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:47 pm

i don't really think he's a good player anymore. Wait. Let's level set this terminology....he might be a "good" player in that he can play football pretty well, but he's not a great player anymore. Nowhere close in my mind.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:50 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

i don't really think he's a good player anymore. Wait. Let's level set this terminology....he might be a "good" player in that he can play football pretty well, but he's not a great player anymore. Nowhere close in my mind.

cheers

Agreed doomy. He is the main man I worry about in a derby and he will be this season. The day I don't care is the day he is a gonner
Wonderwall

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:16 pm

I think on his day he can be very good, but when was the last time it was "his day"? However, 50 international goals is some achievement and he should be very proud of that. Of course, that prick I played in the last H2H also had him in their team, thank god he can't score at all for his club team.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:31 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

Agreed doomy. He is the main man I worry about in a derby and he will be this season. The day I don't care is the day he is a gonner

i think you, and I, only worry about him in the derby because it's salt in the wounds if he scores...esp. after that fucking non-stop replayed shin-kick bullshit goal from a few years ago.

Look, if he died today by choking on a ham sammich i would fucking laugh and i would only say that about a few cunts in the world, and most of those are terrorist despots who kills fuckers for a living.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:35 pm

Say what you like but the achievement is well and truly asterixed for my money since every second game is against fucking San marino. Does he eve escore against decent opposition and if he had the schedule of previous record holders would he had gotten it?
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:48 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Say what you like but the achievement is well and truly asterixed for my money since every second game is against fucking San marino. Does he eve escore against decent opposition and if he had the schedule of previous record holders would he had gotten it?

So he's scored 5 against San Marino, if he scores another 5 will you remove your asterix, Obelix?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:48 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Say what you like but the achievement is well and truly asterixed for my money since every second game is against fucking San marino. Does he eve escore against decent opposition and if he had the schedule of previous record holders would he had gotten it?

I saw his 50 goal record and it's pretty abysmal with regards to opposition. However, the record books don't care about that.

The problem I have is seeing, listening and reading about it for the rest of my days. At least I was around to see how shit he could be.
Wonderwall

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:51 pm

Slim wrote:

So he's scored 5 against San Marino, if he scores another 5 will you remove your asterix, Obelix?

Obvs didn't mean that to be literal. Clearly he hasn't played that exact team 50 times hah.

Asterix stays permanently, unless he tears up a comp firing us to glory. Unlikely. He just pads stats against part timers for my money.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:29 am

THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby MilnersJaw » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:44 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Slim wrote:

Obvs didn't mean that to be literal. Clearly he hasn't played that exact team 50 times hah.

Asterix stays permanently, unless he tears up a comp firing us to glory. Unlikely. He just pads stats against part timers for my money.

Agree 100% can't bring myself to praise the ugly cunt. Even for his club he goes missing in big games and yes his goal record against decent opposition for England is abysmal.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum