Tonight's Euro qualification games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Tonight's Euro qualification games

Postby King Kev » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:51 pm

Shrek still firing blanks then I see. If he can play for England so can I.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Sister of fu » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:52 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
ashton287 wrote:aaaand rooney has scored erm....fuck all as usual while defoe is banging a hat-trick in. Thats why defoe should be the first name on the england team sheet and rooney shouldn't even be starting. In an england shirt defoe is awesome and rooney is nothing more than a fucking playmaker.

to be fair to Rooney he has set up the last two goals

What has happend to Rooney. He has looked out of sorts for so long now. Looks a shadow of the player he was 12 months ago.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby shawzy » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:53 pm

He made the 1st goal as well..Shit striker but good playmaker.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:54 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
ashton287 wrote:aaaand rooney has scored erm....fuck all as usual while defoe is banging a hat-trick in. Thats why defoe should be the first name on the england team sheet and rooney shouldn't even be starting. In an england shirt defoe is awesome and rooney is nothing more than a fucking playmaker.

What has happend to Rooney. He has looked out of sorts for so long now. Looks a shadow of the player he was 12 months ago.

Don't know whats happend to him, but if he stays in this form the rags are gonna struggle this season....hehe
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:55 pm

Sorry gents, but as much as you might dislike it Rooney is still one of the best strikers in the world. He had a half decent game tonight and played some lovely balls through. I do wonder why he's so deep though.

Congrats to Johnno,well chuffed for him.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby mr_nool » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:55 pm

France are losing at home to Belarus and Portugal only have 2-2 at home against Cyprus. Schadenfreude is the only true joy ;-)
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby King Kev » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:56 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Sorry gents, but as much as you might dislike it Rooney is still one of the best strikers in the world. He had a half decent game tonight and played some lovely balls through. I do wonder why he's so deep though.

Based on what?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:57 pm

Rags struggle? I wish. Unfortunately Berbatov looks like he's back to the form that made Fergie sign him in the first place.
BobbyJ1956
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

My favourite player is: Ali Benarbia

Postby King Kev » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:59 pm

Oops, sorry I appear to have logged onto the wrong forum.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ashton287 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:00 pm

Sister of fu wrote:

Don't know whats happend to him, but if he stays in this form the rags are gonna struggle this season....hehe

You can see the talent is still there but mentally he pops in and out of games.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby King Kev » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:07 pm

Apart from shrek being wonderful and berbaflop regaining his form, did anybody notice that Adam Johnson scored his first International goal and Joe Hart kept a clean sheet in his first full competative game for his country?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby shawzy » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:18 pm

King Kev wrote:Apart from shrek being wonderful and berbaflop regaining his form, did anybody notice that Adam Johnson scored his first International goal and Joe Hart kept a clean sheet in his first full competative game for his country?

I really cant see anyone taking Harts place for yrs to come.Club or country..The guy oozies class and confidence.
For a player whos been loaned out all last season, then to come back and take Givens spot, then to be Englands no 1 is a damn fine achievement.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Blackadder » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:19 pm

Great to see 4 City players on the pitch together for a winning England team. Joe Hart now seems a shoe-in for the next 15 years whilst AJ in his brief cameo showed why he should be starting for England over Walcott every time. Barry and Gerrard play much much better together without Lampard getting in the way and Milner impressed too.

It would be even better now to see Lescott, SWP and Micah push on and find the regular form to join those 4. By the end of this season, who knows, even MJ could be in the mix?
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx
Blackadder
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Agueroooooooooooo

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:20 pm

King Kev wrote:
LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Sorry gents, but as much as you might dislike it Rooney is still one of the best strikers in the world. He had a half decent game tonight and played some lovely balls through. I do wonder why he's so deep though.

Based on what?

Just based on him being the most dependable player and constant leading goalscorer for the one of the most successful teams in the world. It's not nice to say or hear chief I know, but it's the way it is at the moment.

And of course people noticed Joe & Johnno's performances. This topic has been full of praise for them. It's just a shame that this topic, as has been the recent trend of the forum in general, has started to focus on the negative aspect of United players rather than the positives of City ones.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby BostonBlue » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:32 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:
King Kev wrote:

Based on what?

Just based on him being the most dependable player and constant leading goalscorer for the one of the most successful teams in the world. It's not nice to say or hear chief I know, but it's the way it is at the moment.

And of course people noticed Joe & Johnno's performances. This topic has been full of praise for them. It's just a shame that this topic, as has been the recent trend of the forum in general, has started to focus on the negative aspect of United players rather than the positives of City ones.

Have you taken off your blue tinted glasses? You can't say that about Rooney on here. The fact that he had a solid game tonight, was one of the better performers in a good solid win and is still regarded by most as a world class player should mean nothing. You're letting the facts get in the way of people talking bollox mate, will you please stop it.
BostonBlue
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Postby razor400 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:33 pm

to be fair the knuckle dragger had a shit first half but set up 3 goals after the break. Did anyone else notice Joe's keepy uppys, class.
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby King Kev » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:45 pm

BostonBlue wrote:
King Kev wrote:

Based on what?

Have you taken off your blue tinted glasses? You can't say that about Rooney on here. The fact that he had a solid game tonight, was one of the better performers in a good solid win and is still regarded by most as a world class player should mean nothing. You're letting the facts get in the way of people talking bollox mate, will you please stop it.
Not facts mate, opinions. They are quite different.

All this rag arse kissing is making me feel quite sick so I'll fuck off and celebrate the City lads' performances and leave you all to it.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:48 pm

Silva also scored for spain tonight :)

[youtube]Bs2Ax0DpHyA[/youtube]
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Dronny » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:06 pm

King Kev wrote:
BostonBlue wrote:
King Kev wrote:

Based on what?

Not facts mate, opinions. They are quite different.

All this rag arse kissing is making me feel quite sick so I'll fuck off and celebrate the City lads' performances and leave you all to it.

So KK, Sheiky buys Wooney.....what happens then?
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby mr_nool » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:13 pm

I would just like to repeat that France, with a new manager and hoping for a fresh start, lost with 0-1 against Belarus. At home,in Paris.

Portugal also played at home. They put four behind the Cypriot keeper, according to plan.But they also conceded four.

Thus, once again, let's all join in a big HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum